Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
jpgraham65

Default Caster and steering feel

Over Thanksgiving I lowered things modestly with steeda sports and koni str.ts. I am completely satisfied with the results except one thing. I've notice the steering effort (which I've always kept on "sport") now seems lighter. Also, the car at freeway speeds doesn't seem to maintain direction as well as it used to (very,very minor difference, not bumpsteer). Is this my imagination or did I possibly do something wrong? Or is it an effect due to reduction of positive caster from lowering? I had an alignment and everything checked out except for a little toe change. I really liked the stiffer steering feel I had before and I am wondering if caster/camber plates might help this?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #2
Toby

The electronic steering is the main reason I did not buy a new 5.0. I personally HATE the way the steering feels. Just a tiny bit of input in either direction and the electronic motor kicks in and causes the vehicle to change direction. The one time I drove one on an extended trip, I hated every minute. I felt like i was drunk and swerving left to right.. Put 6 degrees on camber in it and see what happens above 50 mph...
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
jpgraham65

Mine isn't nearly as bad as you describe. I just feel like I lost a little stiffness in the feel. 6 degrees of camber sounds like a tire shop's dream.