Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:19 PM   #976
GunsUp

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Rape van VS Fiesta!
Lol I would like to see that tonight. Then again maybe some LEO'sin the area can get their ticket quota up due to tonight...
Old 10-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #977
DirtyD

Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
Lol I would like to see that tonight. Then again maybe some LEO'sin the area can get their ticket quota up due to tonight...
I'm trying to figure out why you keep saying tonight, and it's only Tuesday...no meets on Tuesday I thought...
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:39 PM   #978
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by OG Fox View Post
it is. everyone hates that group.
For years RKC has had a less than stellar reputation with the local car community with exception of the younger crowd. RKC has a repetitive history of not being able to stay in one location for very long for a number of reasons. It's not really a surprise that Jared would chose that location for an RKC meet knowing how long the Friday night meet has been going on there (since 2002 for those that don't know).

Jared has his own vision of what a car meet should be and ways that he does things. I worked with Jared for a time and we put on some decent meets most notably the Randall Reed meet that was very successful but not sustainable in long term due to the location being an unused car dealership. But by design there was no way they would last very long because they were just too big and too dependent on a sponsor to supply a large location.

Jared is good at what he does. Somehow, time after time he is able to obtain sponsors to back his large meets. Large meets just don't work in the long run, they do work on a annual or semi-annual event, but not weekly. They are more of a spectacle rather than a place where owners to casually gather to hang out. Early on when Jared was building RKC, he was very young, got the big head getting on camera making the site/meets more about him than the members. As he got a lil older, I know he eventually saw the error in the way he did things and tried to change it, but the damage had already been done that point. I told him a few years ago that if he didn't get things to evolve and change, he was going to find himself not fitting in on his own site because the main demographic of the site/memberbase was mainly so young. I'd imagine that is now the situation he is in since he's older, married etc. I haven't been on that site in a very long time now but a few of you have mentioned that's pretty much the way it is still.

The Friday night meet has never been about me. It's not MY meet, it belongs to the regular members who attend it. Without the regulars who attend it and have been loyal to it over the years, I would have been standing in that parking lot alone. I did work pretty hard for awhile to promote the meet to get the word out there, but once the word of mouth got around I didn't have to do much after that other than chase off the occasional assholes that would show up. A successful meet does not depend solely on a location, but rather building a solid memberbase to attend. Once you have that, you can have a meet anywhere and it really doesn't matter once you are established. The Friday night meet has just been lucky to have good people attend it over the years to keep it going without all the hassles of poorly behaved owners.

All of that being said, I don't think RKC being at the location is much of a concern since it most likely will not last very long at the location.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #979
DirtyD

The antics of most RKC loyals is what caused the RKC Houston meet to be shut down after 3 weeks, despite 100+ cars in attendance every week...obviously you can guess the main demographic.

When I was a regular member of TexasTruckScene when I have my F150, they actually had 40+ people there alone from that club, and were trying to take over handling the meet, but it bombed before anything could happen.

Yay ricers!
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #980
GunsUp

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I'm trying to figure out why you keep saying tonight, and it's only Tuesday...no meets on Tuesday I thought...
Yeah forgot they did it last night. I'm mixed up on my days. Did anyone hear how it went?
Old 11-01-2013, 11:30 AM   #981
CSICKS

Looking like a nice night tonight any of you guys going? or should I say how many of you guys going? lol
CSICKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #982
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by CSICKS View Post
Looking like a nice night tonight any of you guys going? or should I say how many of you guys going? lol
I hear a bunch of fast cars will be out there tonight.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #983
CSICKS

So like mustang fast or actual fast? haha JK.. Kinda
Old 11-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #984
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by CSICKS View Post
So like mustang fast or actual fast? haha JK.. Kinda
Actual fast. Some Vipers, GTR, Vettes etc. Some grudge matches taking place tonight.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #985
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Actual fast. Some Vipers, GTR, Vettes etc. Some grudge matches taking place tonight.
CSicks is on DR too... He knows who is coming out. my foot feels better today for once so I might bring a chair and hobble around if it doesn't hurt after working all day.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #986
BERT
I love tube socks

DAMMIT!! Fuck my job lol
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #987
TINKRD

Let's line them up.
TINKRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #988
BERT
I love tube socks

Guess I could always roll out there and just roll back tonight. Wouldn't be the first time I've done such a thing.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #989
CSICKS

I wanna run a cobra and get druuug
Old 11-01-2013, 12:08 PM   #990
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by TINKRD View Post
Let's line them up.
I've got nothing for ya JP. My car is a turd.