Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Member's Rides

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-06-2014, 07:11 PM   #11
Crimson600+HP

Started today (despite the shitty weather) on my splitter-for-cheap install. Loved the LS one, but can't seem spending all that money for a few pounds of downforce. Anyways, here is my part list.

Splitter:
Stillen Splitter KB417214

Turnbuckles:
Longarcre Spoiler Brace x2 LON23708 (replacing the Stillen ones as these are beefier)
Longacre Backing Disk x2 LON23702

To Connect Turnbuckles to Car:
4" Mending Braces from Lowes x2
#8 Metal Screws x4

Additional Materials:
1"x1/4" washers for the screws holding the splitter to the car (parts bag doesn't come with any)

Progress Made on 06 April:

Today I had to figure out how to mount these turnbuckles on. The stock ones work well according to the Stillen reps, but I did not feel like drilling into my bumper in order to brace the splitter. I ended up drilling into my tow point brace versus into the bumper support like one member on SVTP did (who I stole most of this build from). Now that I got those in, fitted to the splitter after I mocked it up.

Later this week, I plan on actually securing the splitter to the car. Just need some help from my roommate as it takes a little finagling with some 3M tape. Here is some pics of the progress so far. To me, this was the hardest part as you have to find a place on the car that would be strong enough to hold the force created by the downforce.

ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote