The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:36 AM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
I think the funny thing is that his gf is half black and yet he didn't want her bringing black guys to the games lol
Because an old white guy saying something crazy is something so new. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:41 AM   #17
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post

I don't follow sports but, I would think if the man had been an owner for this long, then he hasn't screwed up his job too much. His athletes majority, if not all Black, he has been paying, he's hired Black people. His job is a business and apparently he's done a good enough job to not let his being racist, effect his actual work performance. And in doing so, provided for Black people.

-Alex

But he hasn't been doing a good job. The Clippers have been total shit and the laughing stock of the NBA for all but the last 5yrs he has owned the team. He doesn't care about winning, only making money. That alone doesn't make him a good owner
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #18
Klownz

I think he should just pay for our mods and we will forgive him and move on.

2012 Mustang GT - replaced motor mounts with yarn
2011 CTS-V COUPE - Added a wife
Klownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
But he hasn't been doing a good job. The Clippers have been total shit and the laughing stock of the NBA for all but the last 5yrs he has owned the team. He doesn't care about winning, only making money. That alone doesn't make him a good owner
The Clippers have always been the redheaded stepchild of L.A. The Lakers are where it's at!

Sterling takes the Jerry Jones approach to owning a team. Keep the team high profile and make money off of all the merchandise and TV rights. They talk about winning because that is what fans want to hear, but they really don't give a shit.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #20
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
The Clippers have always been the redheaded stepchild of L.A. The Lakers are where it's at!

Sterling takes the Jerry Jones approach to owning a team. Keep the team high profile and make money off of all the merchandise and TV rights. They talk about winning because that is what fans want to hear, but they really don't give a shit.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #21
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #22
blownaltered
I have a small penis

About the racist old man, I find it funny that people are so worked up about this. I have been called more racist names by black people then you could imagine. I had a guy try to get 10 bucks worth of gas from me one day and because I didn't I was a racist piece of shit. Well that's what he said I was and then took off when my dumb ass started chasing him. Also how in the fuck is something that was illegally recorded in his own home being used to force him to sell his team and being banned from the sport. I can't wait to see what happens in court because this rich old fucker isn't going to give up easily.

Here is the real question. If this would have been a black player or owner talking about a white person would there be any suspension?
Old 04-30-2014, 04:37 PM   #23
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
About the racist old man, I find it funny that people are so worked up about this. I have been called more racist names by black people then you could imagine. I had a guy try to get 10 bucks worth of gas from me one day and because I didn't I was a racist piece of shit. Well that's what he said I was and then took off when my dumb ass started chasing him. Also how in the fuck is something that was illegally recorded in his own home being used to force him to sell his team and being banned from the sport. I can't wait to see what happens in court because this rich old fucker isn't going to give up easily.

Here is the real question. If this would have been a black player or owner talking about a white person would there be any suspension?
Honestly from what I have seen, Black people exercise more racism openly than any other demographic. Black people are actually racists towards other Black people. I honestly can't stand the majority of my race. Hell many of them call me White for all sorts of reasons from the way I dress, to the way I speak. That's a whole 'nother thread though.

I agree completely that his personal phone conversation should be kept private. That cuntbag and the media making that public should be sued. I did get some insight though that once the NBA started losing major sponsors, from that standpoint it does make sense to fire him. Losing sponsors means, losing money ALL around.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 05:03 PM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 PM   #25
BERT
I love tube socks

Him getting banned had nothing to do with legal or illegal
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:12 PM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Legal or illegal has nothing to do with it. The NBA cares about its image and keeping the money train rolling. There is no way they were going to tolerate an owner accused of being a racist and the NBA doing nothing appearing to condone it. Especially, when the majority of players are black who fill the seats and sell merchandise every night.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:34 PM   #27
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Legal or illegal has nothing to do with it. The NBA cares about its image and keeping the money train rolling. There is no way they were going to tolerate an owner accused of being a racist and the NBA doing nothing appearing to condone it. Especially, when the majority of players are black who fill the seats and sell merchandise every night.
I don't think I have heard the entire recording but from what I have heard so far wasn't as bad as everybody is making it out to be. I haven't heard the "N" word or anything like that. Seems like he just doesn't want his girlfriend hanging out with black people. Again I haven't heard the entire thing.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:22 PM   #28
mavfan37

It's reverse ethnocentrism. Stupid people in the world.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:16 PM   #29
Crimson600+HP

I was the right move for a new commissioner though. In one decision, he has won over all the players in the NBA...something David Stern also wasn't great at. Needless to say, Silver made the right business decision in order to make his employees happy and keep the money coming in.

Go Spurs Go
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 10:02 AM   #30
saunupe1911

Banned for life...the man is 80 something yrs old. He only has a few yrs left

2.5 mill fine to a 1.9 billionaire with over 100 mill in liquid cash is like one of us losing $200. We'll be mad, but oh well life goes on.

The man has accomplished everything he has sought to do. He probably got that snitching mistress making a breakfast sandwich butt-naked right now.

What he has said and done over the yrs to minorities is absolutely horrible, but I really do hate that his privacy was invaded like that. Rich, famous people need to invoke the Derek Jeter rule at all times...no exceptions.

That's my 2 cents
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote