Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Kadeng

Default Does BAMA have their own warranty?

I was informed after some deep thought about selling my extended warranty back and buying a BAMA tune and a CAI after being told that BAMA will generally fix any issues(Drive terrain) if a customer from them... really on the edge with tuning my 3.7, i would appreciate feedback from everyone!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
Darkhelmet22

They have some kind of warranty for cyl 8 problems but other than that i dont think they offer a warranty.

Hypermotive Tune | Pypes Longtubes and O/R X | Corsa Sports | H&R Race Springs | Eibach panhard bar | BMR LCAs | BMR relo brackets | Koni yellows | Eibach sway bars | Ground Control CC plates | MGW shifter | SVE Drifts |
Darkhelmet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #3
DirtyD

Bama offers a #8 warranty, only because their tunes are so generalized to fit the masses, that they are protecting themselves from any backlash if their tune blows up a customer car.

You have a 3.7. The #8 warranty doesn't apply to you because you don't have a #8 cylinder.

Honestly, IMO, get with Justin Starkey at VMP tuning. You will get a much better tune and be much happier with the end result. And you don't have to worry about something happening to your car.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #4
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Bama offers a #8 warranty, only because their tunes are so generalized to fit the masses, that they are protecting themselves from any backlash if their tune blows up a customer car.

You have a 3.7. The #8 warranty doesn't apply to you because you don't have a #8 cylinder.

Honestly, IMO, get with Justin Starkey at VMP tuning. You will get a much better tune and be much happier with the end result. And you don't have to worry about something happening to your car.
Wouldn't that still void the manufacturer warranty though since the dealership can tell that the computer has been tuned?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Wouldn't that still void the manufacturer warranty though since the dealership can tell that the computer has been tuned?

-Alex
And tuning the vehicle with Bama won't do the same?

Bama's warranty, or whatever you want to call it, is not a replacement for the factory warranty. The odds are still slim that something would happen under the Bama tune, but even then, if your car goes down, Bama themselves have to actually look over the car and determine that their tune was what caused the problem. Then they still have the discretion of deciding to "warrant" it or not.

Just get a better tune from someone that doesn't do things conservatively and be happier in the end.
Old 11-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Dominic Toretto

Haha, of course it would, just confirming that for the OP. Since he is considering cancelling the extended warranty may as well just expect the factory warranty to be cancelled as well.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 11-21-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
Courtesy Flush

Bama's warranty, or whatever you want to call it, is not a replacement for the factory warranty. The odds are still slim that something would happen under the Bama tune, but even then, if your car goes down, Bama themselves have to actually look over the car and determine that their tune was what caused the problem. Then they still have the discretion of deciding to "warrant" it or not.

Just get a better tune from someone that doesn't do things conservatively and be happier in the end.
I would think he would want a tune on the more conservative side since he is worried about warranty and car problems.

So you saying he should go with Bama now?

I never had good luck with my vmp tune, shifted great ran ok but i had better...then again my car is a freak of nature so its no wonder i had some issues.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
JDBishopArts

I got a 6 year 100k warranty...part of it was part of the deal I worked with the car but the extended warranty also covers other parts of your car that don't have anything to do with the drivetrain and can be just as expensive to fix.

I'd keep it.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #9
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
I would think he would want a tune on the more conservative side since he is worried about warranty and car problems.

So you saying he should go with Bama now?

I never had good luck with my vmp tune, shifted great ran ok but i had better...then again my car is a freak of nature so its no wonder i had some issues.
I would much rather have a tune based off what my car was doing than one that was key punched into a program to spit out PID values to match my mods.
Old 11-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
I got a 6 year 100k warranty...part of it was part of the deal I worked with the car but the extended warranty also covers other parts of your car that don't have anything to do with the drivetrain and can be just as expensive to fix.

I'd keep it.
Well, moreso depends on the specific extended warranty he purchased. He could have received the same extended warranty as yourself or a different one. I have an extended warranty and mine is powertrain only. Best to contact the warranty company specifically, most will just put on your loan agreement documentation a "Gold" "Silver" or "Bronze" package and you won't know what it covers unless you actually ask. Gotta love the ambiguity.

-Alex

Old 11-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #11
Dominic Toretto

I would much rather have a tune based off what my car was doing than one that was key punched into a program to spit out PID values to match my mods.
My assumption could be wrong but, I would think that they all come with the exact same tune from the factory. I wouldn't expect tunes to vary from one Mustang GT to the next of the same year, powertrain etc. Could you possibly explain further on that?

-Alex

Old 11-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #12
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
My assumption could be wrong but, I would think that they all come with the exact same tune from the factory. I wouldn't expect tunes to vary from one Mustang GT to the next of the same year, powertrain etc. Could you possibly explain further on that?

-Alex
No 2 cars are alike. Just because 2 cars have the same commanded tune values, doesn't mean each one will run exactly like the other.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #13
blownaltered
I have a small penis

In all honesty that is what most tuners do anyways. They do adjust different values when the car is on the dyno but most start by putting your mods in the system to get a baseline.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #14
DirtyD

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
In all honesty that is what most tuners do anyways. They do adjust different values when the car is on the dyno but most start by putting your mods in the system to get a baseline.
But they don't leave it at that. They fine tune.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #15
cmanley99

Don't forget that even with the Bama warranty for the #8 issue, thats only if your car is still in the 3yr/36k warranty...after that, bama doesn't cover it either. They will only cover it after ford denies repair from tuning.
cmanley99 is offline   Reply With Quote