Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-21-2014, 03:32 AM   #1
toomnymods

Default 155mph + roush chin splitter = carnage

Well today I wanted to let my stang open her legs a little for the first time since installing my roush chin splitter and headers and well let the pics tell the story.. Really fuc$%in sucks.. not only is the roush chin splitter ruined, my front bumper attaching points where ripped apart, all the stock black trim pieces in the fenderwells and under the engine are ruined.. Be aware this is only a appearance mod IMO not a functional one..

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:51 AM   #2
ThunderkissGT14

Too FAST... TOOO...FURIOUS O.o
ThunderkissGT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
zsommer79

Wow that sucks, does Roush have any claims that it is functional?
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #4
donutninja

Depends on where you get it? AM seems to claim all the splitters are functional in the descriptions.

And yea man, that sucks... I guess te downforce at that speed was just too much.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
46Tbird

Too many mods.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:47 PM   #6
Dominic Toretto

Ouch! Well it's obviously functional, just not structurally safe with the existing hardware. Sorry man.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:12 PM   #7
JDBishopArts

It's perfectly safe. This is the only one I've seen fail on tons of mustangs running this splitter. I'm willing to bet a pretty penny it was installed incorrectly... or something else.

Been to those speeds at least 3 times and it's not moved a mm. Wind is not going to rip out all the screws you have to put in that thing.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #8
46Tbird

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
It's perfectly safe. This is the only one I've seen fail on tons of mustangs running this splitter. I'm willing to bet a pretty penny it was installed incorrectly... or something else.

Been to those speeds at least 3 times and it's not moved a mm. Wind is not going to rip out all the screws you have to put in that thing.
hmmmmm.....

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
Installing the Roush Lower splitter & Roush lower grille delete
What a major pain in the a$$ this was., For as much as I paid for these items this should be a direct bolt on application, not spend 5-6 hrs trimming and drilling, and fabricating this damn crud to work..

Old 01-22-2014, 12:44 AM   #9
Crimson600+HP

OP, sorry to see what happened to your car.

I love the looks of them, but the only splitter I believe is functional at speed with be the boss LS one. But I am not well versed in them.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 04:55 AM   #10
brembo12

Talking

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
Depends on where you get it? AM seems to claim all the splitters are functional in the descriptions.

And yea man, that sucks... I guess te downforce at that speed was just too much.

AM will tell you anything to get you to buy.......they are selling alot of CHINESE JUNK.....and get rid of the dude and get some hot chick selling parts....now that is genius.....
Old 01-22-2014, 04:59 AM   #11
toomnymods

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post

I can assure you it was installed correctly.. This week winds in south dfw have been 20-30mph i didnt realize it till afterwards i was driving into a headwind. Im sure if you did this in your car too the outcome would be excactly the same

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:22 PM   #12
Dark Pony
Supporting Member

Mine did the same thing at 100 MPH. I just run without that piece now. Easier access to everything anyways lol