Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:21 AM   #31
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
Exactly. What's expensive on these types of events in the insurance the organizers have to purchase. This year the insurance rate was raised on the Texas Mile, high enough where they had to beg for new sponsors to cover the March event.

That and site rental for the duration of the event is $$$$$$$$$$$.

I understand limiting the number of spectators for a private event such as this, but I think a little higher limit would help.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 12:22 AM   #32
Junkie

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That and site rental for the duration of the event is $$$$$$$$$$$.

I understand limiting the number of spectators for a private event such as this, but I think a little higher limit would help.
Have you been to the event?

I think a higher limit would suck. Its already crowded in the good spectating spots where its easy to see the entire race.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:05 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post

Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 09:24 AM   #34
DirtyD

I think a higher limit would suck. Its already crowded in the good spectating spots where its easy to see the entire race.
Pretty sure you know the answer to that. However, I'm not saying increase the spectator attendance 10 or 20 fold, but maybe just upping it a little bit, but still within reason. Would give the ability to lower the price of spectating a little lower and garner more interest. I'm just trying to look at this from the business POV, as well as just brain storming. Not trying to tell anyone how to run it.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:40 AM   #35
rlhay2

First and foremost:

Unlike the examples cited, The Runway Rivalry and similar events are not intended to be spectator events.

Large crowds in a confined space is just asking for problems. The organizers probably figure this is a simple way to avoid/control that issue.
Old 05-15-2014, 10:04 AM   #36
DirtyD

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
First and foremost:

Unlike the examples cited, The Runway Rivalry and similar events are not intended to be spectator events.

Large crowds in a confined space is just asking for problems. The organizers probably figure this is a simple way to avoid/control that issue.
You're right
Old 05-15-2014, 10:37 AM   #37
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
First and foremost:

Right. It's a matter of security and the additional measures required to manage the event.
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #38
BERT
I love tube socks

Were you invited BTW?

Now, Will, don't get snoody
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:44 AM   #39
Junkie

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Pretty sure you know the answer to that. However, I'm not saying increase the spectator attendance 10 or 20 fold, but maybe just upping it a little bit, but still within reason. Would give the ability to lower the price of spectating a little lower and garner more interest. I'm just trying to look at this from the business POV, as well as just brain storming. Not trying to tell anyone how to run it.
But why do that? When the guest spots easily sell now, and they don't have to worry about accommodating more people? Restrooms, food, etc… it all becomes more expensive with more people.

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Now, Will, don't get snoody
lol everyone that knows me personally, knows I'm not a snoody guy. Just being realistic.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #40
Grandpa
I> /\/\

But why do that? When the guest spots easily sell now, and they don't have to worry about accommodating more people? Restrooms, food, etc… it all becomes more expensive with more people.

lol everyone that knows me personally, knows I'm not a snoody guy. Just being realistic.

LOL, agreed on both accounts.

Derek means well, it's just his complete lack of experience in a lot of things tends to show at times. Anything racing related just isn't something he is experienced with at all.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #41
BERT
I love tube socks

Yes, Will, that's why it's called a joke. Just from the little bit I hung out with you at TI I can tell you're not that way.

I'll be sure to say something smartass to you on Sunday
Old 05-15-2014, 12:44 PM   #42
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post

Derek means well, it's just his complete lack of experience in a lot of things tends to show at times. Anything racing related just isn't something he is experienced with at all.

Don't you have a fence to be building??
Old 05-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #43
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Don't you have a fence to be building??
Unfortunately, yes. Taking a lunch break. Once I finish up my stir fry I'll head back out there.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:08 PM   #44
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post

Really Steve, are you that cenial that you have to always try to work in some jab like that? Honestly, there was no need for that comment in this discussion.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #45
DirtyD

And I get that. I was just looking at it from the outside in as someone that would definitely like to attend something like this, but cost being a factor.

Do they offer press badges? LOL I can take pictures.