Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #121
Mustangdude72

Originally Posted by dominic toretto View Post
actually data is out. It's just not the data you want. Sure, it's not specific but, did you expect it to be since the car was just announced?

Sure it could fail but, then again, it could not. You seem to want to just accept that it will fail or have the exceedingly skeptical attitude right off the bat. Why do you need to shout "fan boi" just because people are excited about the new car?

-alex
this!!!
2004 Cobra OW pullied, full exhaust 480rwhp SOLD
2014 Raptor Ruby red

2013 Boss 302 school bus yellow; MGW race spec short throw, CAI, catch can, muffler deletes, dyno tune 406rwhp 360rwtq....Daily driver
Mustangdude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #122
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
All motor. His car made like 522rw. He's just stroking himself saying 560rw. lol
Um I posted a dyno graph numbnuts. With TS shitty tune yes 525 with HPP better tune 544rwhp and 442 rwtq. Damn I wonder some times if you don't read anything and just go off your small brain.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #123
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Not bad for a lil 302. For the cost of it, could have gone boost, made more power and would have been more fun to drive with a fun powerband.
Yet again my plan would had been cheaper and made more power then if I went boosted. Thanks again to TS for killing that.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:47 PM   #124
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Actually data is out. It's just not the data you want. Sure, it's not specific but, did you expect it to be since the car was just announced?

Sure it could fail but, then again, it could not. You seem to want to just accept that it will fail or have the exceedingly skeptical attitude right off the bat. Why do you need to shout "fan boi" just because people are excited about the new car?

-Alex
I'm always a skeptic of any make/model. I take anything I read from the magazines with a grain of salt knowing they are merely paid advertisers in disguise. I always wait to see when they get in the hands of owners to see how a new car will perform.

As for people being excited, I have NO issue with that at all. It's when it's taken to another level and people start bench racing a car before they even see one in person I find abit absurd. Throwing around terms like "world class" and beating on cars that cost three times as much before the cars even hit a track is silly.

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Um I posted a dyno graph numbnuts. With TS shitty tune yes 525 with HPP better tune 544rwhp and 442 rwtq. Damn I wonder some times if you don't read anything and just go off your small brain.
Not too bad. Sorry about those torque numbers though.. lol

Yet again my plan would had been cheaper and made more power then if I went boosted. Thanks again to TS for killing that.
TS is da debil!!!!!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:00 PM   #125
BERT
I love tube socks

Cheaper and make more power. Isn't that an oxymoron??
Old 11-21-2014, 05:11 PM   #126
Dominic Toretto

I'm always a skeptic of any make/model. I take anything I read from the magazines with a grain of salt knowing they are merely paid advertisers in disguise. I always wait to see when they get in the hands of owners to see how a new car will perform.

As for people being excited, I have NO issue with that at all. It's when it's taken to another level and people start bench racing a car before they even see one in person I find abit absurd. Throwing around terms like "world class" and beating on cars that cost three times as much before the cars even hit a track is silly.
But the magazines have not tested the car yet. They don't have access to the car to test it lol. The claims made so far are directly from Ford and I am pretty sure they would be aware of just how much power the engine makes, what shocks, springs, etc etc that they put on the car. When the Z/28 came out, did you doubt that it had an LS7 or magnetic suspension? No. That's all I am saying, with the information Ford has provided and based on the existing platform, everything looks to be a winner as far as track capabilities.

What about the existing stats make you seem skeptical? 500+hp? Magnetic shocks? Stiffer springs? IIRC larger antiroll bars? Tremec 6 speed? More aggressive tires? So far none of those things seem bad.

Of course we don't know what will happen but, so far the car looks promising. What's to argue about that?

Bench racing, sure I agree that's somewhat silly but, my statement against the Z/28 is simply based on the existing information. I don't see that assumption really looking to absurd but, to each their own.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:11 PM   #127
BERT
I love tube socks

Don't think he's doubting anything about what's on the car. He's doubting what the car will actually do instead of what Ford people say the car will do. Steve's wanting to see what the car will do when either a shop gets ahold of one or a person in Dallas is driving one on the streets.

I think I have that right lol
Old 11-21-2014, 07:06 PM   #128
STROKD
Old School

You tell me Stroked if I make it for a split second. Lol

And this was in the middle of summer on a very humid day. So right now it's probably between 550-560 rwhp. I'll find out at HPP toys for tots dyno day.
Looks good, def not a normal 5.0 curve, you should have no problems beating me. lmk when you want to give it a go.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:06 PM   #129
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Looks good, def not a normal 5.0 curve, you should have no problems beating me. lmk when you want to give it a go.
Whenever man.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:06 AM   #130
STROKD
Old School

Whenever man.
You have a busier schedule than me, just prppose a time, and Ill try to see if my pos will be ready. Should be fun. I havent raced the car since 06.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #131
Grandpa
I> /\/\

It hasnt been that long since we broke it, is it?
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:26 PM   #132
Mustangdude72

A private event has been held where they announced that the starting price will be $52,995 with the option of a $2,995 tech pack and probably the same price for the track pack but nothing has been said about that
2004 Cobra OW pullied, full exhaust 480rwhp SOLD
2014 Raptor Ruby red

2013 Boss 302 school bus yellow; MGW race spec short throw, CAI, catch can, muffler deletes, dyno tune 406rwhp 360rwtq....Daily driver
Mustangdude72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #133
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Guess Steve and his know it all friends were wrong. Hahahahahahahaha
Old 11-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #134
Lucky13

Guess Steve and his know it all friends were wrong. Hahahahahahahaha
He's pretty quiet since the big Toys for Tots thread.

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #135
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
He's pretty quiet since the big Toys for Tots thread.
He got butthurt