Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
rlhay2

Default Last night at the RKC shindig...

I needed to burn some pump gas so I rolled out to the RKC shindig last night. If it were not for the friends I was meeting it would have been a waste of time. Same old Jared, same old people but now with bikini clad "models" whom have no respect for the cars they climb upon. Granted this only happens by request but...damn...at least keep your heels off the hoods.

Funny moment was listening to a couple of guys denounce Mustangs all night. One even stated "I'd rather run my nuts up and down a cheese grater, than drive a Mustang." I laughed. Their faces when I fired up my car to leave were priceless!

Also took a ride in a Gen V Viper and Dodge has finally hit a home run. That thing is now a complete car! That interior was just beautiful!

On the way home I finished dialing in the Eboost2 on low boost. It was spinning a bit in the top of 3rd but I think that is dialed out now. Now to tackle the high boost settings tonight or tomorrow night.

Turbo cars love fall weather!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #2
DirtyD

Yeah, RKC will never have any respect back from the car community from people that are true car people and not retarded kids.

Also notice by a lot of the pictures that the girls don't even look that good at all.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #3
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
I needed to burn some pump gas so I rolled out to the RKC shindig last night. If it were not for the friends I was meeting it would have been a waste of time. Same old Jared, same old people but now with bikini clad "models" whom have no respect for the cars they climb upon. Granted this only happens by request but...damn...at least keep your heels off the hoods.

Funny moment was listening to a couple of guys denounce Mustangs all night. One even stated "I'd rather run my nuts up and down a cheese grater, than drive a Mustang." I laughed. Their faces when I fired up my car to leave were priceless!

Also took a ride in a Gen V Viper and Dodge has finally hit a home run. That thing is now a complete car! That interior was just beautiful!

On the way home I finished dialing in the Eboost2 on low boost. It was spinning a bit in the top of 3rd but I think that is dialed out now. Now to tackle the high boost settings tonight or tomorrow night.

Turbo cars love fall weather!
I didn't even know RKC was still around or active. Haven't been on that site in a couple of years or heard anyone mention anything about RKC. Figured it finally faded away.

As for the Gen V Viper, I couldn't agree more. I went for a ride in Jason's at the Coit meet. SRT made some huge improvements over the previous generations. The interior is really nice, doesn't feel cheap. The gauges and all the packages are awesome. The stereo upgrade is insane and sounds amazing for a factory system. 900 watts..wow! And the best part, a forged motor that can be tuned! They are pretty quick stock and pull pretty hard on the top end. The stock 3.55's make the pull feel abit different than the previous gens, but it's still a fun car that will win a lot of races in stock form over other cars that have been modified. SRT just lowered the base MSRP on them and they are a amazing bang for the buck now!

As for your car Ronnie, your Stang doesn't fall into the category of every other Mustang out there. Your car is a beast and I'd really love a ride in that thing some time before you upgrade to the R8 (or maybe Viper now )
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 03:32 PM   #4
rlhay2

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
As for your car Ronnie, your Stang doesn't fall into the category of every other Mustang out there. Your car is a beast and I'd really love a ride in that thing some time before you upgrade to the R8 (or maybe Viper now )
Regardless of how much power it makes, it is still a Mustang. I silenced the room at TWS when I told everyone that my car was just like a Mustang GT with a stronger motor and better transmission. It's just a car. It does not make me a better or worse person that I own it.

As for the ride, anytime we are in the same place at the same time, we'll make it happen!

And I was dead set on Audi R8 vert...now...I am uncertain. Especially with a supercharged Viper vert on the horizon!

Last edited by rlhay2; 09-30-2014 at 04:26 PM.
rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
BERT
I love tube socks

Regardless of how much power it makes, it is still a Mustang. I silenced the room at TWS when I told everyone that my car was just like a Mustang GT with a stronger motor and better transmission. It's just a car. It does not make me a better or worse person that I own it.

As for the ride, anytime we are in the same place at the same time, we'll make it happen!

And I was dead set on Audi R8 vert...now...I am uncertain. Especially with a supercharged Viper vert on the horizon!

Wouldn't the viper vert defeat the purpose of "so the kids can ride in the backseat"?
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #6
rlhay2

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Wouldn't the viper vert defeat the purpose of "so the kids can ride in the backseat"?
That it would! But sometime we all have to make sacrifices.
Old 09-30-2014, 06:53 PM   #7
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I make Mustangs jokes because the irony is funny to me after owning so many of them (I still have one, though it doesn't get used at all lol) and also because it ruffles so many feathers around here. Too many people take this shit WAY too seriously. I've called everyone one of my cars a "shitbox" including my 5.0 and it seriously bothered some people around here. I'll never understand people who are raging brand loyalists. There are way too many cool cars out there to be so devoted to just one make/model of a car.

Will I every buy another Mustang? I'm not sure. My history says I'm a Mustang addict after owning so many of them. I'm having a really good time with my V and use it WAY more than I ever did my 5.0 . It's faster, more comfortable and more family friendly. It's my daily and I'm looking for a new toy at the moment. Will it a Mustang? No, I think not. I don't like the new Stangs from what I have seen so far and there are several other cars on my list that I would like to play with for awhile before going back to my Mustang roots. I might someday, but not in the for seeable future. If I were to buy another one, the only one I could see myself driving would be a 13/14 GT500.

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
That it would! But sometime we all have to make sacrifices.
This is when you get the wife involved to get her playing with cars. One for both of you. Two cars, four seats and room for the kiddos!!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Dominic Toretto

So... no bikini clad model shots huh?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 09:35 PM   #9
rlhay2

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
So... no bikini clad model shots huh?
Nope, didn't see the point of letting some girl young enough to be my daughter flaunt herself near my car.

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
I don't like the new Stangs from what I have seen so far and there are several other cars on my list that I would like to play with
I agree about the new one. I just was not impressed. Now a direct injected, turbocharged Coyote engine could sway my opinion.

This is when you get the wife involved to get her playing with cars.
She is thankfully way too practical for that. I am the excessive one. And she loves the GT500! She'd rather I keep it unless I opted for the 991 GT3.