Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Dan12GT

Default Has Anybody Wired in 10-12 GT/CS Fogs w/ Standard Fogs?

I am looking to get the 2010-12 GT/CS front fascia really soon. I have heard that the fog lamps it comes with are pretty dim and I really would like to keep my present fog lights / light output I get from them. I also plan get get the Saleen front grill and mount them behind it. I want to keep the functionality of being able to use all fog lamps on the bumper and the facia ones. I have heard the wiring process is as simple as splicing into the existing fog wires and wiring in the facia ones. I have also heard you can run the risk of melting wires when tapping off the existing fog lamp wires like this. I am not sure if this is true and am also not an expert electrician. Anybody done this before? I have seen this several times with others across other forms but not sure how they accomplished this.
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #2
DirtyD

You will have to find a way to wire in a relay or switch relay to change what fogs you have one. FHTA mandates that you an only have a maximum of 4 light emitting devices on the front of your car when not being used for off-road use. I guess you could always do a relay in there to where you can kill power to one of the lights with the flip of a switch.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote