Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Come on the new xbox just came out. Your going to tell me that they aren't going to have issues. Still on my first playstation 3 and went through three xboxs. The new playstation is having a couple issues but xbox has sucked for a decade.

Playstation has had a paid version on their network for over a year now so that's not really new.
Sales numbers and activity completely contradict what you are saying here. There are FAR more people on Xbox Live than Playstation.

Originally Posted by fordplay View Post
Yeah there is a news story on the new Xbox not updating the drive not working and damaged units.. and yeah prepare to be disappointed with ghosts on xbox. It's only 720 compared to ps4 1080... wait till the Xbox starts a new round of rings of death
LOL @ hanging your hat on a what if.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #17
fordplay

Only with the old Xbox and ps3. And I think that's just because Sony screwed up the ps3 launch however ps4 has out sold the new xbox.. slightly bUT the Xbox released in 13 countries and the ps4 sold more in just US and canada... next week when Sony releases in the other countries Xbox sales will be slaughtered. As an inferior machine should be
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #18
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Only with the old Xbox and ps3. And I think that's just because Sony screwed up the ps3 launch however ps4 has out sold the new xbox.. slightly bUT the Xbox released in 13 countries and the ps4 sold more in just US and canada... next week when Sony releases in the other countries Xbox sales will be slaughtered. As an inferior machine should be
I had to quote this so Steve had to look at it twice.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #19
donutninja

i want both >_>
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #20
saunupe1911

Yeah there is a news story on the new Xbox not updating the drive not working and damaged units.. and yeah prepare to be disappointed with ghosts on xbox. It's only 720 compared to ps4 1080... wait till the Xbox starts a new round of rings of death
Everyone of these comments are retarded. Firsf of all ghosts looks incredible upscaled from 720p. Textures have so much detail. Also the frame rate nevers skips a beat even when the action is going nuts...unlike the PS4. Also xbox live servers have virtually no lag.

Second the x1 is big because it has a huge but quiet fan. It disperses heat like a well built htpc. Overheating wont be an issue. Also ghost, forza, and 2k14 is well worth the jump next gen. My 67 inch couldnt be happier.

Last, both of these machines have reported failures but those numbers are small for both sides. Each have sold over 1 million units, thers going to be duds here and there.
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #21
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

Originally Posted by 2012mustang76123 View Post
Might be last generation virtual reality would be next
http://www.oculusvr.com/
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #22
STROKD
Old School

I got my One setup on Saturday, and played it all day. Its pretty bad ass, much more impressive than I was expecting. It has Dts and 7.1 surround as well which for an audio freak like me, Im in heaven. Also read in Forza setup that if u have the Kinect setup, which I dont yet, it will track your head movements so you can look around the car while you arw racing, check your sides for passing etc. The play on Forza is sick as hell, just amazing graphica ans smooth. I bailed on cod ghosts and got battlefield instead... the graphics are absoluteky obsurd, looks almost real. only played the first level but it is a lot more realiatic than cod... much happy so far.

All that said, i played gta5 all yesterday. Lmao
Old 11-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #23
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
I got my One setup on Saturday, and played it all day. Its pretty bad ass, much more impressive than I was expecting. It has Dts and 7.1 surround as well which for an audio freak like me, Im in heaven. Also read in Forza setup that if u have the Kinect setup, which I dont yet, it will track your head movements so you can look around the car while you arw racing, check your sides for passing etc. The play on Forza is sick as hell, just amazing graphica ans smooth. I bailed on cod ghosts and got battlefield instead... the graphics are absoluteky obsurd, looks almost real. only played the first level but it is a lot more realiatic than cod... much happy so far.

All that said, i played gta5 all yesterday. Lmao
Yep it track's your head movement with Kinect. But you must be sitting upright like when you are driving a real car on a road course. I use my mirrors, so there's no need for it so I turned it off. BF and Ghosts look amazing. I sold GTA back and got a nice chunk of change. GTA online doesn't appeal to me. Too many bugs. Forza, NBA 2k14, and Killzone looks like nothing ever seen on consoles. The only other games that can compete graphics wise is Crysis, Ghosts, and BF running on a high end Core i5/i7 PC with a $300 graphics card. But NBA 2k14 has taken player models, physics, and movement to a whole new level until MLB drops next spring.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #24
saunupe1911

Also the sound of the GT500 quad exhaust, Skyline GT-R turbo whine/release, and the 458 italia and LFA wails is priceless in Forza. I tip my hat off to those game developers.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #25
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Also the sound of the GT500 quad exhaust, Skyline GT-R turbo whine/release, and the 458 italia and LFA wails is priceless in Forza. I tip my hat off to those game developers.
I never played Forza, I was into PGR. Do you know if they comparable or is Forza better in terms of actual driving dynamics. PGR seemed pretty realistic as far as I could tell.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:18 PM   #26
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
I never played Forza, I was into PGR. Do you know if they comparable or is Forza better in terms of actual driving dynamics. PGR seemed pretty realistic as far as I could tell.

-Alex
PGR and Forza is not even in the same league. PGR was very arcade like even though its physics were pretty good. Driving in Forza is natural compared to each car. For example driving a GT500 feel very much like driving my 5.0. The weight transfers, traction limits etc... all feels similar to our actual cars. Forza even has working gauges...boost, tach, and spedo all work for each car...so the lateral G gauge that you 13-14 owners have is actually in the game and moves around during cornering. Nothing beats real life though

Last edited by saunupe1911; 11-25-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
Junkie

Looking forward to scooping up an Xbox ONE. Going to put some effort into enjoying Forza. I've never been able to get into the game before.
Old 11-25-2013, 07:00 PM   #28
BERT
I love tube socks

This thread reminds me of a new south park episode this season about Black Friday. All the boys were going to pool there money and get a gaming system and Cartman just assumed everyone wanted a xbox one. Then the other half wanted the ps4 so they start fighting about which one is better and saying "oh, that's just what I expect an xbox person to say" and vice versa LOL

This season has been pretty good so far.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #29
MnemonicGhost

I've been watching the build up and roll out for each respective system, and fanboyism aside, I think the Sony has a clear advantage. Both will still have success because of their respective exclusive franchises, but pure system specs and entry value is clearly won by Sony this time around. You can already see a trend with the launch titles mostly in 1080p on the Sony and 720p on the Xbox. Other differences include:

1. The PS4 Has 50% better graphic shader throughput. The XBOne is like a Radeon HD 7790 and the PS4 is like a Radeon 7870. That's a big difference and Microsoft says 10% of the GPU is also reserved for the Kinect.
2. CPU Cores availability. Both systems have the same chip essentially, however Microsoft only gives game developers access to 6 out of the 8 CPU Cores. Sony doesn't seem to have this issue because it also isn't trying to be a media center.
3. Memory Bandwidth. PS4 has 5500 Mhz GDDR5 to the XBox's 2133 Mhz DDR3. Theoretical bandwidth is 176 GB/s to the Xbox's 68.3. That's 300% difference.
4. Microsoft being Microsoft. You must subscribe to XBox live to use Netflix. That's just stupid, but most folks already pay XBox live or PSN+ if you have a system today.
5. Stan over Cartman. Duh!

Mods thus far: JLT Oil Separator - MMD Hood Struts
MnemonicGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 01:17 AM   #30
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by MnemonicGhost View Post
I've been watching the build up and roll out for each respective system, and fanboyism aside, I think the Sony has a clear advantage. Both will still have success because of their respective exclusive franchises, but pure system specs and entry value is clearly won by Sony this time around. You can already see a trend with the launch titles mostly in 1080p on the Sony and 720p on the Xbox. Other differences include:

1. The PS4 Has 50% better graphic shader throughput. The XBOne is like a Radeon HD 7790 and the PS4 is like a Radeon 7870. That's a big difference and Microsoft says 10% of the GPU is also reserved for the Kinect.
2. CPU Cores availability. Both systems have the same chip essentially, however Microsoft only gives game developers access to 6 out of the 8 CPU Cores. Sony doesn't seem to have this issue because it also isn't trying to be a media center.
3. Memory Bandwidth. PS4 has 5500 Mhz GDDR5 to the XBox's 2133 Mhz DDR3. Theoretical bandwidth is 176 GB/s to the Xbox's 68.3. That's 300% difference.
4. Microsoft being Microsoft. You must subscribe to XBox live to use Netflix. That's just stupid, but most folks already pay XBox live or PSN+ if you have a system today.
5. Stan over Cartman. Duh!
I will eventually get both systems but don't buy into that hype. u need developers to build the games for the system. always remember that. both systems have a ton of potential, but to say the ps4 is better just because of a faster gpu is crazy. theres sooooo much more to designing games. for example the ps3 was more powerful than the 360 but somehow forza looked twice as good gt5. its going to take naughty dog to maximize the ps4. then i will buy one