Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Tony@Latemodel

Default More proof the 2015 Mustang will have an IRS

2015 MUSTANG WILL HAVE IRS – MORE PROOF!!!

I really hope Ford makes this change because I am a big fan of the independent rear suspension and in my mind the superior ride quality of the IRS over a straight axle more than makes up for any added weight. Some of you may have seen this on Jalopnik, if not, here it is.

Big thanks to Jalopnik.com for releasing these new 2015 Mustang “test mule” pictures. From the pictures you can clearly see the lower control arms of an IRS (independent rear suspension) system on this test Stang. You can also see the rear bumper has been cut/hacked up. It is safe to assume that this is to clear a redesigned exhaust system that has to be routed around the IRS system.

Tony@Latemodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
DirtyD

I think they also may offer a dual tipped exhaust by the looks of the bumper cutting. Since so many 5.0 guys are installing the GT500 exhaust, it may become an appearance option.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #3
46Tbird

Actually, the IRS is the only thing that we already knew 100% was going to be in the new car.

Not quite as certain (at least for the first year) are reports of a DI version of the 5.0 with 475hp.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
DirtyD

Default More proof the 2015 Mustang will have an IRS

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Actually, the IRS is the only thing that we already knew 100% was going to be in the new car.

Not quite as certain (at least for the first year) are reports of a DI version of the 5.0 with 475hp.
That's what I've heard, but I'd believe 450 over 475.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
03MachMe

Default Re: More proof the 2015 Mustang will have an IRS

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I think they also may offer a dual tipped exhaust by the looks of the bumper cutting. Since so many 5.0 guys are installing the GT500 exhaust, it may become an appearance option.
That's more likely to fit the location of the exhaust tips that don't line up with the current body style.

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post

Yep have heard the same. 475 for a base GT would be nuts, all the more reason people with a boss will trade up and I can snag one lol

475 is easily doable with DI. Its far more efficient.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #6
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm sure a hefty price tag will come with that as well. The prices are quickly getting out of the every day Mustang guy's budget. Part of the appeal of the Mustang is that it was affordable performance for just about anyone. It's no longer the case.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #7
Toby

Lets hope they do a better job designing the IRS in this car then the 03-04 cobra mistake.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm sure a hefty price tag will come with that as well. The prices are quickly getting out of the every day Mustang guy's budget. Part of the appeal of the Mustang is that it was affordable performance for just about anyone. It's no longer the case.
I completely agree. A lot of that is that fact Ford is taking steps in a new direction, and the value of the dollar too, since the value is so weak compared to other countries where the parts of produced...
Old 06-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #9
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
That's more likely to fit the location of the exhaust tips that don't line up with the current body style.

Yep have heard the same. 475 for a base GT would be nuts, all the more reason people with a boss will trade up and I can snag one lol

475 is easily doable with DI. Its far more efficient.
Didn't realize it was that much more efficient.

As for the exhaust, it's already been said the body will be smaller, and chassis too, so I don't get why the exhaust would move out if the current body style is bigger....unless they were routed so roughly they came out at an angle.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #10
Oxford14Stang

Completely agree. They're already pushing it with the prices they want for a base model. I could only imagine what kind of money they'd be asking for a 5.0 pushing 475hp

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
Rebelracer568

Price of base car will be easily close to 35k. Who can afford that as a first car. Wish ford will lower the price. Irs is cool 475 hp is awesome but the price will hurt it
Rebelracer568 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #12
Smurf50

That's one of the reasons I didn't get a Camaro when I had the option to. I think they finally hit a sweet spot with the current 5.0's with solid power stock and not breaking the bank completely for the average man....and if you have the extra laying around you have the Boss and the GT500 to consider
Smurf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #13
rriddle3

Looks to me like the rear track may have been widened.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:55 AM   #14
Luke

Originally Posted by Rebelracer568 View Post
Price of base car will be easily close to 35k. Who can afford that as a first car. Wish ford will lower the price. Irs is cool 475 hp is awesome but the price will hurt it
If the price is that high they will lose a lot of sales, that's nearly 10k more than now. I'm sure there will be a bump on the price tag, I just don't think it'll be quite that much.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #15
OG Fox
Supporting Member

yay for better handling and more horsepower!
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote