Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #61
DirtyD

Originally Posted by TrueStreetTim View Post
I tip everywhere unless service was plain crap. But I don't always hold that against the waiter/waitress. Not tip related but I was at Braums for lunch the other day and it took 25 minutes to get my food. By this time the whole place was packed with people waiting for orders. I'm certain it was not the person who took my order but probably the 2 jaggoffs that called in the day after the Super Bowl making everyone else work harder.

Outside of that; if your a not a fun person to be around....you don't get tipped well. Most of the time I could care less how long it takes my food to get to me etc.

My uncle is a pleasant man with a rather interesting way of tipping. He likes to place 10 one dollar bills on the table before he orders and says "this is your tip but one will be taken away as I choose.....and I like a lot of tea" lol. Kinda seems crappy but he always gets good service I give him that.
I've always wanted to do that type of thing with the bills on the table. Make them become more self aware of their abilities as a wait staff.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #62
Bacadiesel

I wish I got tipped 15% as an auto mechanic
Bacadiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:52 PM   #63
Slow Five-O

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I'll admit I'm cheap when it comes to tipping sometimes. But that being said, I can't afford to tip a couple of dollars if I eat out a lot because it starts to add up, and I'm not exactly stacked with cash right now.
If you can't afford to tip when eating out then you can't afford to eat out.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:56 PM   #64
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Slow Five-O View Post
If you can't afford to tip when eating out then you can't afford to eat out.
That's what I was getting at, is I used eat out too much.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #65
Slow Five-O

That's what I was getting at, is I used eat out too much.
I added it up one time a few years ago what i spent a week / month and it was eye opening.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #66
Dominic Toretto

I added it up one time a few years ago what i spent a week / month and it was eye opening.
That's why I cut my own hair now lol. I got tired of paying $20 for damn hair cut. Guess that also makes me cheap.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:28 PM   #67
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
That's why I cut my own hair now lol. I got tired of paying $20 for damn hair cut. Guess that also makes me cheap.

-Alex
Nothing wrong with that. I used to shave my own head for years, but recently the wife complained about it so now I have hair again. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:33 PM   #68
DirtyD

Yep, did that awhile back when I started monitoring my spending. Needless to say that I don't do it much, unless it's a special occasion or someone else pays.

-Alex
I go to the chain places, Sport Clips/Super Cuts. Typically $14 or so w/ a couple dollar tip. But I let me hair grow out for awhile still. Used to use a boutique my fiance still goes too, but $26 haircuts for a male getting as little cut as as I was is just ridiculous.

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Nothing wrong with that. I used to shave my own head for years, but recently the wife complained about it so now I have hair again. lol
Not much though. lol
Old 02-11-2014, 04:46 PM   #69
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Not much though. lol
Laugh it up young whippersnapper. God willing, old age will happen to you too along with all of its charming traits that come along with it. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #70
GTOphil

-Alex
I've been buzzing/shaving my own head since like '08. Who cares if it's cheap you look cool! lol

And if you do it long enough your scalp will get darker and you won't look retarded. BUT....occasionally you get a sunburn. Those SUUUUUUUCK. About 4 years ago I got like a second degree sunburn on the top of my head- hurt for like 2 weeks.
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 05:20 PM   #71
DirtyD

Laugh it up young whippersnapper. God willing, old age will happen to you too along with all of its charming traits that come along with it. lol
My hair is already thinning out. I can think my dad for that one.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #72
Dominic Toretto

LOL well gotta keep the Mrs. happy.

I go to the chain places, Sport Clips/Super Cuts. Typically $14 or so w/ a couple dollar tip. But I let me hair grow out for awhile still. Used to use a boutique my fiance still goes too, but $26 haircuts for a male getting as little cut as as I was is just ridiculous.
I tried going to a few chain places and they just couldn't get it right. I only had luck going to Black barbers and it's WAY too much of a hassle.

Originally Posted by GTOphil View Post
I've been buzzing/shaving my own head since like '08. Who cares if it's cheap you look cool! lol
Same here, actually since more like 2006 for me.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:28 PM   #73
garner

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
LOl I bet you dont even tip at Sonic?
You can tip at sonic? Lol never knew that

No, most kids nowadays I feel go into waiting staff positions thinking they can do very minimal, subpar to okay service, and they still expect to see a tip, a nice one, at the end of the meal, because it's customary to tip well. It's the entitlement issue again. They think they deserve a tip no matter how bad they are.
This! Most the people I see on my social media networks complaining about tips(or lack thereof) are the ones that give crappy service and expect 15% minimum.

Most of the time I'll give 15% if it's good service, and more for great service. Unless it's my sister, then she gets 0 lmao.

Last edited by garner; 02-11-2014 at 11:40 PM.
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:43 PM   #74
M3AN 1

I normally do 15-18%. 5-10% for crap service.
Only 1 time did I not leave a tip.
M3AN 1 is offline   Reply With Quote