Unhappy

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Cheap motherfuckers in here
but all my money goes to the stang
emery2483 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #17
STROKD
Old School

I tip very well unless I get ignored at the place... no refills, ask if food is ok or made properly, bring the food out ( i fucken hate when a runner brings my food and takes off) etc. I usually never go under 10 bit I tip my fav waiters at Ruths Chris and Abuelos almost 40 to 90 percent cause they bring me free drinks and shit without me even asking. I used to deliver pizzas in the day and we made min wage... it was like 8/hr or someshit in Cali. if i busted ass, risked a few tickets and got you your shit 10 min early, and got no tip, well, lets just say next time it was usually 20 minutes late. And I was the manager at night so I wouldnt comp your meal if it was cold, Id tell you to tip your gd driver next time you want your pizza on time. Lmfao.

The ones that always tipped got their pizzas about 5 minutes out of the oven...
Old 02-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #18
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
I tip very well unless I get ignored at the place... no refills, ask if food is ok or made properly, bring the food out ( i fucken hate when a runner brings my food and takes off) etc. I usually never go under 10 bit I tip my fav waiters at Ruths Chris and Abuelos almost 40 to 90 percent cause they bring me free drinks and shit without me even asking. I used to deliver pizzas in the day and we made min wage... it was like 8/hr or someshit in Cali. if i busted ass, risked a few tickets and got you your shit 10 min early, and got no tip, well, lets just say next time it was usually 20 minutes late. And I was the manager at night so I wouldnt comp your meal if it was cold, Id tell you to tip your gd driver next time you want your pizza on time. Lmfao.

The ones that always tipped got their pizzas about 5 minutes out of the oven...
So basically, you justified treating customers like crap because, you didn't get money that you are not entitled to.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:32 PM   #19
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
So basically, you justified treating customers like crap because, you didn't get money that you are not entitled to.

-Alex
Yep, so go fuck yourself you cheap asshole. Hahahaha
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
Dominic Toretto

Yep, so go fuck yourself you cheap asshole. Hahahaha
Nah, I'm good lol.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #21
rriddle3

Holy crap. You guys sound like the script for the opening scene in 'Reservoir Dogs'.
It's really simple - here in America if you are seated at a restaurant, a person takes your order and serves you the food, leave a tip if you are so inclined. If not, pay for the food and walk out.
In parts of Europe they don't know anything about tipping, but we do it here. It has nothing to do with salary or job choice. It is a societal custom.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:35 PM   #22
STROKD
Old School

... besides DT, I didnt treat customers like crap, they just werent treated exceptionally. you yourself dont tip unless you get exceptional service. I didnt provide exceptional service when i knew I wasnt getting tipped... it goes both ways... these customers were 2 to 3 times a week, you remember the addresses where you got burned very quickly...
Old 02-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #23
Dominic Toretto

... besides DT, I didnt treat customers like crap, they just werent treated exceptionally. you yourself dont tip unless you get exceptional service. I didnt provide exceptional service when i knew I wasnt getting tipped... it goes both ways... these customers were 2 to 3 times a week, you remember the addresses where you got burned very quickly...
I didn't take any offense to what you stated. The way the idea of tipping is presented is that you have to do it or you're an asshole. Perhaps it is because I do not and have not worked in that field but, I don't think I am incorrect under the understanding that work is paid accordingly, whether it be terrible, subpar, average or above average. If I were a waiter, I'd do my damndest eact time to make sure I got a tip but, maybe that is easier said than done on every attempt.

Part of the reason I don't go to a lot of dine in restaurants. I don't want that being held against me if some waiter did average service and got pissed off that I didn't tip. Same thing applies to strip clubs. I just don't go. And dancers are more inclined to perform better since they have to pay to go work. So if they are terrible performers, they actually lose money. If that applied to waiters/waitresses I would bet that FAR better service and tips would be experienced.

Either way, a tip is just that, it's not entitled, just like my bonuses are not entitled to me, I just work hard to try to get them.

-Alex

Old 02-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #24
DirtyD

Some people just don't tip period. No matter if you were the best waiter/waitress they've ever had serve them, they won't tip.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #25
STROKD
Old School

Lol at the entitled tips, you arent going to get chased out of a place with a broom if you dont tip, just probably dont want to go to said place often. . Lol I usually always tip something, as you said though its based off how good of service i got. I usually start at 14 percent and go up, unless they are rude or just flat out suck it, then i have to go to 10 or less. Ive left no tip less tban 10 times in my life.

Thursday it snowed and my pizza got to my house in 1.75 hrs and was a tad cold. I still tipped the poor kid 2 bucks for having to drive around in the snow. It was more of a pitty tip. If he got it there sooner it woulda been closer to 10 bucks...
Old 02-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #26
03MachMe

The difference is the pay waiters receive from the restaurant basically all goes to taxes. So they only make what they make in tips. If they were to get paid a normal wage the price of your meals would jump way up. So when you don't tip the waiter makes NOTHING for serving you. At minimum you should tip 15% at sit down restaurants as that is the normal. I have had many friends work as waiters and know how hard it can be that is why I always tip around 20%, unless my service is far exceeding my expectations than I'll do 25-30.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:16 PM   #27
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
The difference is the pay waiters receive from the restaurant basically all goes to taxes. So they only make what they make in tips. If they were to get paid a normal wage the price of your meals would jump way up. So when you don't tip the waiter makes NOTHING for serving you.
That's an eye opener, I wasn't aware of that. That sucks.

This may seem weird but, I especially like tipping the new people. I think it helps set the pace for them to try hard. Even if they make some mistakes, I am inclined to tip them so that way they learn that effort makes a huge difference as it is already stressful enough I am sure.

-Alex

Old 02-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #28
03MachMe

That's an eye opener, I wasn't aware of that. That sucks.

-Alex

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #29
GTOphil

I was having a conversation with a co-worker that used to work as a waitress. She said it is rude not to tip. I commented that I only feel inclined to tip, if the service was above exceptional. I thought that was the point of a tip, to give for exceedingly great service. Otherwise, they are just doing their job as agreed by the restaurant. I compared it to my job. If I come in and do just well enough, I don't expect a bonus so why should a waiter/waitress? Thoughts.

-Alex
Do you not tip delivery drives who bring you pizza? They live off of tips- like waitresses do. I went to one house once that was at least $300k and I got a tip of LESS than $1...

Waiters/waitresses make less than minimum wage and need those tips to survive. The ONLY time I've ever not left a tip was when I had a waiter that was overly rude, inconsiderate and whose service was worse than horrible- to the point of arguing with us about what we said we wanted. And that time- I wrote a note on the receipt so the manager would know why I left a $0 tip on a $150 meal (6 people).
GTOphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #30
Slow Five-O

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
The difference is the pay waiters receive from the restaurant basically all goes to taxes. So they only make what they make in tips. If they were to get paid a normal wage the price of your meals would jump way up. So when you don't tip the waiter makes NOTHING for serving you. At minimum you should tip 15% at sit down restaurants as that is the normal. I have had many friends work as waiters and know how hard it can be that is why I always tip around 20%, unless my service is far exceeding my expectations than I'll do 25-30.
This!

I waited tables and bartended for 4 years at chili's a about 5 years ago. I made 2.13/hr and it all went to taxes. I could work 40 or more hours and always has a 0.00 paycheck.

I can't believe how many people don't know to tip. You were comparing it to your job, think about doing your job as your customers and place of business expects you to and you make nothing? It happens way too often.

There's no way i could go back to it. I don't know how i held my tongue before when i was younger.

If you go to the same place regularly, you better believe those servers remember you. Even if you just tip fair. If you tip great they'll remember and you'll get better service every time. No / poor tip they remember and you'll get served appropriately.

I will say working there was the time of my life! The friends were awesome everybody knows everybody at all the bars and restaurants and the women are awesome.

Watch the movie "waiting". It is exactly like that minus doing shit to people's food. The games in the back, the parties the everything is spot on.