Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > DFW 5.0 Mustang Club > Introduction

Introduction Are you new? Post a little about yourself here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-08-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
NZERO21

Interesting, I did see them when they were lowered. I noticed that people sometimes get replacements but you are stating to simply remove them. This is the piping after the cats right. Just want to make sure since its the first time I am getting to know the extra bits and pieces of this newer car. I have also noticed that borla makes the cat back system. Will that solve the issue or should I simply just do a delete kit for the resonators. I do want to be able to pass inspection.
NZERO21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:03 PM   #2
jng2985

Originally Posted by NZERO21 View Post
Interesting, I did see them when they were lowered. I noticed that people sometimes get replacements but you are stating to simply remove them. This is the piping after the cats right. Just want to make sure since its the first time I am getting to know the extra bits and pieces of this newer car. I have also noticed that borla makes the cat back system. Will that solve the issue or should I simply just do a delete kit for the resonators. I do want to be able to pass inspection.
Yes, after cat, after h pipe, before over axle. Exhaust shop can cut then out and weld in deletes for cheap. Doesn't void warranty / still legal for inspection.
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:20 PM   #3
NZERO21

Thanks for letting me know. I still don't understand what the resonators do for the car but I'll research it. Do you happen to know of anyone who can do the job at a great price? How about a mustang mechanic? I have a friend who may be looking to get some tune up items on his mustang and I think his front suspension may need some tuning. Thanks again and I have started to talk to my my brother and other mustang friends about your site and they are going to check it out. Thanks again for all the great help and warm welcome.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:49 PM   #4
jng2985

Originally Posted by NZERO21 View Post
Thanks for letting me know. I still don't understand what the resonators do for the car but I'll research it. Do you happen to know of anyone who can do the job at a great price? How about a mustang mechanic? I have a friend who may be looking to get some tune up items on his mustang and I think his front suspension may need some tuning. Thanks again and I have started to talk to my my brother and other mustang friends about your site and they are going to check it out. Thanks again for all the great help and warm welcome.
Resonators are there to tone down noise. There is a more technical answer but te basic is sound reduction. If you look at all after market cat back systems, they're free flowing from cats to mufflers.

I am on borla s no reso's. It is loud... Under 2k it isn't bad, 2.5k+ on the throttle- loud, cold start = neighbors most likely hate me.

If you don't plan on going O/R, delete the reso's. If you go O/R, keep the reso's.

If you ever want to hear it give me a shout, Drive by/in car.
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
NZERO21

Sweet man. Let me know when you might head out to a car meet. My brother and I are thinking of going to either the meet for the SCCA race near arlington or the early feb open race up by Denton (road race). Let me know if you will be attending any of those junctions.