Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-30-2013, 01:37 PM   #646
DirtyD

Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
I will only run at the track
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #647
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I want to run Dirty D and Guns Up soon.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 04:17 PM   #648
GunsUp

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I want to run Dirty D and Guns Up soon.
I'm game at the track
Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #649
Yagermeister

Now that winter and all the winter projects are starting to wrap up I thought we'd have a discussion as to what people want to see from the Top 10 Power Adder and NA lists. Any suggestions WILL be considered!

Complain all you want but you better bring solutions! Let's keep this thread clean and on track. I want to have a honest good discussion so that more people will want to participate.

If you are on Facebook then post over there instead of here. No need to duplicate yourself. Let's keep this one for the non-Facebookers

Last edited by Yagermeister; 01-13-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Yagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #650
Yagermeister

Here is a copy of the rules for from "The List - Tulsa Style" AS A SAMPLE OF HOW OTHER GROUPS ARE DOING LISTS https://www.facebook.com/groups/273272829486540/...

what do you all think?

1. This is for FUN. There is no money involved and no TV show is going to be made of it. If you can't get past the idea that your car isn't in the Top 10, then you are too slow or need to start your own List with rules custom tailored to fit your car. Where you rank on the list is not what is most important anyway. The List was created to put cars with similar ET's together so people would know who to call out. The List is about close grudge racing and having fun, not feeding a bunch of egos.

2. You must live in the 918 area code to be on the List. It would become impossible to manage if we included everyone. I really hate that several good racers in the neighboring area codes have to be left out but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

3. You must own and drive the car you enter on the List. Cars and trucks welcome. Sorry, no motorcycles.

4. All racing will be 1/4 mile. If you are an 1/8th mile car and can beat someone else coasting the last half of the track, congratulations to you. A win is still a win.

5. To join the List, you must post a recent 1/4 mile time slip, preferably from 2013, on this FB group page. If you do not have a recent time slip, we are going to allow the first 3-4 weeks the track is open in 2014 to get one before the List is "set". You may also use that opportunity to get a faster time slip and improve your position on the List.

6. You must be willing to race to defend your position on the List when called out. This is not some spreadsheet of everyone who has made a pass at the track. You must beat the person above you in a 1/4 mile race at TRP to take their spot. If you cannot get to the track to defend your position within a reasonable amount of time (2-3 weeks), then just give up your spot and race to get it back when you are able.

7. All grudge races will be settled at Tulsa Raceway Park. Absolutely no street racing. Time slips will be the preferred method of documenting a win but if the race is settled at the Midnight Drags and the clocks are not on, then the racers must agree who won.

8. All ET's are welcome. We all started somewhere, typically slower than where we are today. You only race the cars who are close to your ET anyway, so it does not matter or affect you in any way how many slower or faster cars are on the list.

I welcome constructive comments and suggestions but, in general, I have tried to keep the number of rules to an absolute minimum for simplicity and consistency. I am not in this for profit, just close racing and having fun. Thanks for joining the List and I'll see you at TRP in 2014!

Last edited by Yagermeister; 01-13-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Yagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 03:54 PM   #651
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

So is this a track only thing now?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #652
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
So is this a track only thing now?
No clue. It's not kept up to date here at all. One of many reason a lot of people lost interest in it along with the drama that followed it.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #653
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
No clue. It's not kept up to date here at all. One of many reason a lot of people lost interest in it along with the drama that followed it.
I was asking cause of the rules he copied from the Tulsa group.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #654
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I was asking cause of the rules he copied from the Tulsa group.
As highly organized as it is, does it surprise you? lol
Old 01-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #655
Yagermeister

I guess you guys didn't read the prior post before I posted a sample of the Tulsa Lists rules

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Now that winter and all the winter projects are starting to wrap up I thought we'd have a discussion as to what people want to see from the Top 10 Power Adder and NA lists. Any suggestions WILL be considered!

Complain all you want but you better bring solutions! Let's keep this thread clean and on track. I want to have a honest good discussion so that more people will want to participate.

If you are on Facebook then post over there instead of here. No need to duplicate yourself. Let's keep this one for the non-Facebookers
Old 01-14-2014, 09:31 PM   #656
Yagermeister

Jackie Bressie is now the proud caretaker of the lists. Direct all questions to her and Nicolas Lorenzo.
Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 PM   #657
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Lmao I had no idea the list still existed.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:25 AM   #658
62nalide

So is this still going?
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #659
Yagermeister

On the Facebook Group yes it is but someone else is managing it now named Greg Bartos
Old 09-17-2014, 11:11 PM   #660
62nalide

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
On the Facebook Group yes it is but someone else is managing it now named Greg Bartos
Thank you sir, I don't have a FB .
62nalide is offline   Reply With Quote