The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-01-2013, 02:37 AM   #16
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I just avoid using the tollroads when it's otherwise avoidable now. We used to spend quite abit more around 80 bucks a month or so but cutback the last time they raised it. In part because their billing department is a fuckin nightmare to deal with cuz they can't get their collective shit together.
i spend that a week just going to work...

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 AM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Do you not have a toll tag? That makes it painless. The money just comes out of my account when our toll tag account gets low. 0 worry
Yep and they have still screwed it up MANY times sending us their notoriously overinflated bills with their $25 fine per violation. But you have to jump through all their hoops first before you can get to the point to explain to them we have tolltags and will not pay their fines. After spending 30 minutes on the phone with them, they find out it's true and fix it, but it's still a hassle to deal with. Many, many people have the same problems with them on a regular basis. Now the NTTA is working with the state and will start suspending licenses and registrations for violators who don't pay their fines. The fact the NTTA can suspend your license when they are a private company isn't cool at all. So rather take the chance of any further hassles with them I'll opt not to use them when avoidable.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 AM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
i spend that a week just going to work...
Screw that!
Old 07-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #19
DirtyD

Now the NTTA is working with the state and will start suspending licenses and registrations for violators who don't pay their fines. The fact the NTTA can suspend your license when they are a private company isn't cool at all. So rather take the chance of any further hassles with them I'll opt not to use them when avoidable.
I'm glad they will start doing that. They only have to raise their prices because of people that use and abuse the tollways and don't pay their fines/bills. Because tollways are privatized roadways, over half of their budget comes from the toll fees they charge to use their roadways. It is a good/service they provide, so why shouldn't someone have to pay? If people just did as their are supposed to and paid to begin with, toll prices would remain low and affordable for everyone.

Fact is, NTTA has the cheapest avg toll rates in the state. Austin is the highest, mainly because they have less toll roads, and Houston is behind them.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I understand why they are doing it and wouldn't have such a problem with it if they were more organized. It just makes me a lil nervous that can do that knowing full well their billing department is highly flawed.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #21
DirtyD

I understand why they are doing it and wouldn't have such a problem with it if they were more organized. It just makes me a lil nervous that can do that knowing full well their billing department is highly flawed.
I agree. It has been brought to NTTA's attention in court over billing issues many times how bad their overhead and billing dept are. Still can't quite understand how they have yet to get it organized.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #22
JDBishopArts

Get a tolltag and you won't have any more hassles. They bill you 40 bucks and after you use it they bill you again. Plus you save money. It's a free tag. I spend about 100 bucks a month and I'd gladly spend double that for the amount of time and frustration I save, not to mention the added safety of driving Bush instead of 635. My time is worth money and it saves me 10x over what I'd spend in potential time/hassles driving 75/635.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #23
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Get a tolltag and you won't have any more hassles. They bill you 40 bucks and after you use it they bill you again. Plus you save money. It's a free tag. I spend about 100 bucks a month and I'd gladly spend double that for the amount of time and frustration I save, not to mention the added safety of driving Bush instead of 635. My time is worth money and it saves me 10x over what I'd spend in potential time/hassles driving 75/635.
I have tags in each car. I still use the tollway on occasion, just not everytime like I used to. If I'm not pressed for time I will use side streets.

I sold a car and had it removed from my account. They billed me on three different occasions after that sending me ridiculous invoices. Each time I called, the person on the phone assured me it was removed and I would not receive another bill. But that was AFTER spending 30 minutes on the phone explaining to them we no longer owned the car and would not pay the $400 bill they wanted.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #24
JDBishopArts

Sounds like Verizon. lol
Old 07-01-2013, 10:47 AM   #25
JDBishopArts

But you also have to try to understand that you're talking to a brick.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
But you also have to try to understand that you're talking to a brick.
Point taken.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #27
merlinmol

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I'm glad they will start doing that. They only have to raise their prices because of people that use and abuse the tollways and don't pay their fines/bills. Because tollways are privatized roadways, over half of their budget comes from the toll fees they charge to use their roadways. It is a good/service they provide, so why shouldn't someone have to pay? If people just did as their are supposed to and paid to begin with, toll prices would remain low and affordable for everyone.

Fact is, NTTA has the cheapest avg toll rates in the state. Austin is the highest, mainly because they have less toll roads, and Houston is behind them.
Houston fucking sucks on their toll roads, went to opening MLB game this season and I think I paid something like $10 in tolls for 3 miles, maybe 4 to get where we were staying.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #28
DirtyD

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
Houston fucking sucks on their toll roads, went to opening MLB game this season and I think I paid something like $10 in tolls for 3 miles, maybe 4 to get where we were staying.
You must have taken Hardy Toll Rd from Spring to Downtown. Lol

Yeah, none of Houston toll gates are under $1.25 anymore I think.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #29
merlinmol

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
You must have taken Hardy Toll Rd from Spring to Downtown. Lol

Yeah, none of Houston toll gates are under $1.25 anymore I think.
I want to say it was 1.75, and the toll gates are every 2.5 seconds it seems. I think I hated it so much because it is so much better here.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #30
blownaltered
I have a small penis

The highest prices I have ever paid in tolls was in Chicago. They are fucking nuts up there. You would drive 2 miles and they would want another $4, I said screw it and started running them. Never got a bill and its been over a year so I guess I'm good to go.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote