Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #61
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
You're splitting hairs to suit your argument. You know damn well stealerships don't give away anything. lol.
And you aren't? That's all you ever do. You take something somebody said, then only remove and use pieces of their statement to completely make a new statement that has nothing to do with anything else. You are just a human version of mass media.

Who said anything about giving something away? I can walk into a dealership right now and they already have F-150s marked $12k below MSRP. But wait, that's not possible because dealerships don't give anything away! Fact is your argument fails, but you won't admit it. The price of an item is a set value. How you choose to pay for that item does not change the price of the item for everyone else, just what you pay for it.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #62
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The price of an item is a set value. How you choose to pay for that item does not change the price of the item for everyone else, just what you pay for it.
/Argument.

What I've been saying. This is pure fact, not left up to interpretation.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #63
DirtyD

It was a facetious comment, don't get your panties twisted and have yet another meltdown.
My boxers are still straight. I'm just wondering why you always feel the need to bring that statement into these discussions?

If I knew what you actually did for a living, I doubt it would make a bit of difference in this discussion.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #64
Grandpa
I> /\/\

And you aren't? That's all you ever do. You take something somebody said, then only remove and use pieces of their statement to completely make a new statement that has nothing to do with anything else. You are just a human version of mass media.

Who said anything about giving something away? I can walk into a dealership right now and they already have F-150s marked $12k below MSRP. But wait, that's not possible because dealerships don't give anything away! Fact is your argument fails, but you won't admit it. The price of an item is a set value. How you choose to pay for that item does not change the price of the item for everyone else, just what you pay for it.
You've completely missed my point and are entirely missed what I was talking about and arguing on something else entirely. Therefor I've been poking fun at you and you just take the ball and run with it. Just forget it and I will go back to ignoring you. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #65
DirtyD

...you just take the ball and run with it...
I can do that quite well. I played wide reciever in high school.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:45 PM   #66
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I can do that quite well. I played wide reciever in high school.
I bet you did..
Old 04-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #67
DirtyD

I bet you did..
Only freshman year though. Focused on baseball from there on out.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #68
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Only freshman year though. Focused on baseball from there on out.
That's because even the cheerleaders were taller than you after freshman year.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:04 PM   #69
DirtyD

That's because even the cheerleaders were taller than you after freshman year.
No joke. I was 4-9 in 7th grade, 5-4 in 8th, then summer after freshman year I was 5-10. Pretty much where I stopped. I was the only white guy that could actually catch a football though, but my height hindered me.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #70
JDMLOL

I agree with Strokd about leasing. Leasing is the smartest way of having a vehicle under these conditions: 1. You don't drive more than 12-15k per year. 2. you don't keep your cars longer than 5-6 years on average 3. you don't mind driving something fairly unmodified.

Unless you plan on keeping the vehicle until after it's paid for or you have a large pile of cash to put down on the car to offset the depreciation expense that WILL inevitably occur, why would someone not want to lease if they meet the above criteria? Putting 10% or less down on a car and financing it for 60 or 72 months is a recipe for becoming upside down.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:59 PM   #71
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
I agree with Strokd about leasing. Leasing is the smartest way of having a vehicle under these conditions: 1. You don't drive more than 12-15k per year. 2. you don't keep your cars longer than 5-6 years on average 3. you don't mind driving something fairly unmodified.

Unless you plan on keeping the vehicle until after it's paid for or you have a large pile of cash to put down on the car to offset the depreciation expense that WILL inevitably occur, why would someone not want to lease if they meet the above criteria? Putting 10% or less down on a car and financing it for 60 or 72 months is a recipe for becoming upside down.
Well said.

The more I read about this damn car, the more I want one.