Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Suspension

Suspension Post up questions about your Mustang's suspension or ride quality

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #1
Reaper

Default Where to get aligned after lowering?

Lowered my car this week. Want a good shop to check alignment and adjust my camber bolts/panhard bar if needed. Everywhere I call says they don't do lowered cars. Only place I found was pep boys in Plano because they have a speed shop. I'm located in Lewisville. Thanks guys.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #2
El_Tortuga

Home alignment for me.

You can do the PHB adjustment with nothing more than a couple of strings, a tape measure, and a couple of weights (I used nuts).

You could do it with less, but I bought a $200 smart camber gauge for camber and caster. It's more than paid for itself. I level the car on the garage floor with some linoleum tile stacks. I do toe with jack stands and strings.

Because I'm not on the clock, I fiddled with setting to get them pretty much exactly where I wanted. I.e. within a tenth of a degree and checked/rechecked to confirm my adjustments and measurements. Alignments shops I used called it good if it was "within factory spec" which is a pretty broad window and then adjust for steering wheel position/ tracking with toe.

Also have my measurements recorded for quick change between street and track settings. It takes me about 40 minutes to change tires, adjust shocks, camber (toe changes with this adjustment), and put all my tolls back away. Street car to autocross/track and back about 18-20 times per year.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #3
El_Tortuga

Good thread here. Lots of ways of doing the deed.
http://www.corner-carvers.com/forums...t=Camber+gauge
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #4
Reaper

Originally Posted by El_Tortuga View Post
Home alignment for me.

You can do the PHB adjustment with nothing more than a couple of strings, a tape measure, and a couple of weights (I used nuts).

You could do it with less, but I bought a $200 smart camber gauge for camber and caster. It's more than paid for itself. I level the car on the garage floor with some linoleum tile stacks. I do toe with jack stands and strings.

Because I'm not on the clock, I fiddled with setting to get them pretty much exactly where I wanted. I.e. within a tenth of a degree and checked/rechecked to confirm my adjustments and measurements. Alignments shops I used called it good if it was "within factory spec" which is a pretty broad window and then adjust for steering wheel position/ tracking with toe.

Also have my measurements recorded for quick change between street and track settings. It takes me about 40 minutes to change tires, adjust shocks, camber (toe changes with this adjustment), and put all my tolls back away. Street car to autocross/track and back about 18-20 times per year.
How much do you charge? lol
Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #5
NAVAG

Muffler King in Garland. Kevin does good alignments on lowered cars.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
rlhay2

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
Muffler King in Garland. Kevin does good alignments on lowered cars.
Either Muffler King or Vorslag.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
Dominic Toretto

My car is on P-springs. The Ford house said I was still in factory spec. No uneven tire wear either.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 09:51 PM   #8
Reaper

Originally Posted by rlhay2 View Post
Either Muffler King or Vorslag.
Vorslag seems like a nice place. I called them up. Was told they would charge $400 because it would be more toward a track alignment. They recommended eurosport automotive for a more general alignment. Called them up and was quoted $250-$300 dollars because it is lowered. Finally found Dallas Frame & Alignment asking $125 and man they are my go to suspension shop now. They are ford lovers too which is a plus.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:07 PM   #9
NAVAG

Muffler King was $75. Keven was able to get it dialed in without the camber bolts.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:24 PM   #10
Reaper

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
Muffler King was $75. Keven was able to get it dialed in without the camber bolts.
Cool. I may go there to get my qtp cut outs installed in the future. Do they work on o/r h-pipes?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #11
Reaper

They ended up cutting me a deal at $85 because it took longer than planned. And found out my car isn't leveled from the factory which is always awesome to hear...
Old 08-23-2014, 01:51 AM   #12
NAVAG

Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Cool. I may go there to get my qtp cut outs installed in the future. Do they work on o/r h-pipes?
I had them on my boss h-pipe. Install was pretty easy. Just run the wires behind the heat shield and into the car through the shifter boot.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:53 AM   #13
NAVAG

^but I guess you're planning on having flanges welded onto the HPipe to be used as dumps...they can do that.
Old 08-25-2014, 10:36 PM   #14
Reaper

Still debating... Have an o/r H with corsa quads and a Jon Lund ghost cam tune. Wouldn't mind having it louder at the right time of day lol
Old 08-26-2014, 03:52 PM   #15
NAVAG

I just put my exhaust back to stock for now, It's annoyingly quiet. I like the Corsa Quads and was considering going that route but decided to go with the Borla S and o/r X. Ordering them from Hypermotive in a couple of weeks.