Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2014, 07:08 AM   #31
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Unnecessary risk. He's not a shop owner. He doesnt have to tune if he doesnt want to. He as the luxury of picking and choosing what cars he wants to work on. With the way people get online and blast shops when they dont know what they are talking about ( cuz if they did, they would just tune it themselves) there is no reason to take a chance.
Shops get blast when they fuck up and when they don't own up to their mistakes. And don't think he doesn't tune people's cars that hasn't blast shops cause he does. So next excuse.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:10 AM   #32
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
That doesn't make any sense. If it can be tuned on a 150 shot then why not a 300? That's like saying it can be tuned on 10lbs of boost but not 20lbs.
I agree, but I've called around across the country to some big name shops and tuners and on coyote engines some shops won't go above a 150 shot. Some didn't even know nitrous out offered a kit that could support a 300 shot for the coyote. I was running the biggest shot on a coyote in the US.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:59 AM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Shops get blast when they fuck up and when they don't own up to their mistakes. And don't think he doesn't tune people's cars that hasn't blast shops cause he does. So next excuse.
I didn't say he didn't. Re-read what I said and try to comprehend it. Have a discussion, quit trying to argue about everything, fuck.

My point was that he can pick and choose who he wants to tune for and who he doesn't.

I agree, but I've called around across the country to some big name shops and tuners and on coyote engines some shops won't go above a 150 shot. Some didn't even know nitrous out offered a kit that could support a 300 shot for the coyote. I was running the biggest shot on a coyote in the US.
That isn't because they can't be tuned, they just don't want to be involved in a build like that. The car doesn't know any difference between a 150 shot and a 300 shot. It really comes down to the shops being worried about the structural integrity of the motor and the build itself.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:36 AM   #34
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I didn't say he didn't. Re-read what I said and try to comprehend it. Have a discussion, quit trying to argue about everything, fuck.

My point was that he can pick and choose who he wants to tune for and who he doesn't.

That isn't because they can't be tuned, they just don't want to be involved in a build like that. The car doesn't know any difference between a 150 shot and a 300 shot. It really comes down to the shops being worried about the structural integrity of the motor and the build itself.
I'm not arguing so don't take it like that. You might want to re read what you said. You said how people blast other shops nowadays on line why should he take a risk. I'm saying he tune cars of people who HAVE blasted shops before. So you can't use that reasoning why he decides not to tune certain people cars.

And my build is plenty to handle a 300 shot. My engine blew two times on the nitrous cause of the tune. There was a huge spike and would go lean as fuck as soon as I hit the nitrous and then it would go rich as fuck.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #35
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Have you talked to Manny yet about TT'n your car? I'm sure he can make it run well. That kit on Kevin's car made 1249rw on the previous car. Ran and drove like stock until it was in boost. I think you will be much happier with that, just don't put it on any super sticky tires and you should be happy with it.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #36
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Have you talked to Manny yet about TT'n your car? I'm sure he can make it run well. That kit on Kevin's car made 1249rw on the previous car. Ran and drove like stock until it was in boost. I think you will be much happier with that, just don't put it on any super sticky tires and you should be happy with it.
Yes I have and he's very anxious to do it. He said at 15psi I'll be at 1100rwhp.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Yes I have and he's very anxious to do it. He said at 15psi I'll be at 1100rwhp.
That will be a fun race. I can't wait.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #38
DirtyD

This car makes like 600+ HP more than the JPC Turbo Coyote and only runs marginally faster...albeit it is also heavier.

Last edited by DirtyD; 10-15-2014 at 12:36 PM.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #39
DirtyD

So at TI there are cars with parachutes?
You must not have seen the latest 1320 videos of the AMS Alpha 20 GTR that is trapping just over 200 at TI, and has a chute.
Old 10-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #40
DirtyD

ANY street car? Let's just go with that
The guys that run Drag Week will disagree with that statement.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:14 PM   #41
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The guys that run Drag Week will disagree with that statement.

Well most people wouldn't know the difference from there ass to a hole in the ground
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #42
BERT
I love tube socks

Sounds like a winner. And fun. Your car doesn't have too much compression does it? Have no clue what you ended up going with.
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 03:49 PM   #43
DirtyD

Well most people wouldn't know the difference from there ass to a hole in the ground
Didn't realize we started talking about Congress.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:24 PM   #44
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Sounds like a winner. And fun. Your car doesn't have too much compression does it? Have no clue what you ended up going with.
I'm at 12.5:1 compression and no it's not to much cause I'm at 23 degrees timing.