Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-10-2013, 02:23 PM   #61
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Always research. I spokw with people on here and googled for near a month before I bought a intake.

How long have you been driving a quick car?
I did research. But like I said, I let myself put too much stock into getting a closed element CAI over an open element, even though almost all the open element intake were the ones to make the most power. I always bought my CAI before I got a tune, so I wanted run I could run without a tune but (in my mind) would be on par after a tune with others. I know recognize that isn't true.

I've been driving my car just over a year now, bought it last July.

Before that I had an auto F150, but I've known how to drive a stick for many many years.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #62
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I did research. But like I said, I let myself put too much stock into getting a closed element CAI over an open element, even though almost all the open element intake were the ones to make the most power. I always bought my CAI before I got a tune, so I wanted run I could run without a tune but (in my mind) would be on par after a tune with others. I know recognize that isn't true.

I've been driving my car just over a year now, bought it last July.

Before that I had an auto F150, but I've known how to drive a stick for many many years.
Thats the difference though, some people on here have drove performance cars for years if not decades. Sounds like you were wanting a intake really bad but did not have the money for both. I went through that but ended up just saving.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #63
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Logic and reason are great in a discussion when you have all the facts and expierence otherwise its just conjecture based on ignorance. You need seat time D and first hand expierence with your car. No two cars alike. You can have the same exact mods, tune and same driver making passes and get different results more times than not because they are two different cars regardless if they are the same make/model.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #64
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Logic and reason are great in a discussion when you have all the facts and expierence otherwise its just conjecture based on ignorance. You need seat time D and first hand expierence with your car. No two cars alike. You can have the same exact mods, tune and same driver making passes and get different results more times than not because they are two different cars regardless if they are the same make/model.
Steves on fire today.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #65
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I'm not denying I don't have the years of experience that other hear have. I also understand no two cars are exactly alike, but they also will not very drastically from each other either. You can't deny that point.

I'm not being ignorant either. Just don't get why I can't have an opinion of my own based on the information I have at my disposal, and get slammed for said opinion. It's an opinion. Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, and they will not always be the same as another. Just ignore it and move on. When I finally get enough experience under my belt, I'm sure I will have a change of mind. Until then, this is me.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #66
re-rx7
Banned

I also understand no two cars are exactly alike, but they also will not very drastically from each other either. You can't deny that point..
You have lots to learn.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #67
DirtyD

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
You have lots to learn.
So you are saying that two cars can be completely and totally different from each other? Eliminating driver error, on two completely stock cars and one would be an absolute turd compared to the other?
Old 08-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #68
re-rx7
Banned

So you are saying that two cars can be completely and totally different from each other? Eliminating driver error, on two completely stock cars and one would be an absolute turd compared to the other?
Thats exactly what im saying. The fact you have never heard of a "built on monday" or "built on Wednesday" car tells me you need to learn.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #69
thelandshark

I think a lot of it is ur tune and jay has been around street racing since he was a kid his dad use to take him out everytime he went so jay learned a lot from his old man geting locked out of gears and a weak tune was more than likely the problem
Old 08-10-2013, 03:28 PM   #70
re-rx7
Banned

Race me and lets test that gear theory.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #71
Oxford14Stang

Derek what rx7 is saying is true. I'm sure you've heard the term "factory freak" meaning even though you have two cars alike doesn't mean they'll perform the same way. One car may dyno 375 HP then other 355 HP. Therefore one being a little faster or putting down very good power. As far as driving goes there was no doubt Derek could drive his car. His shifts were quick and clean. As the first run shows we were neck and neck, other runs as I noticed at the top of each gear I pulled, I hit 5th every run but let off seconds into it. Never ran it out. As far as our two cars they are indeed same mod and same setup.. (not exactly but you know what I mean) so should be within reason of each other. Again your upper rpms were no doubt where your car was falling I'd datalog and go from there. Wouldn't quiet start jumping the gun and pointing fingers. Again, great runs. And we will run them again soon

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #72
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Derek what rx7 is saying is true. I'm sure you've heard the term "factory freak" meaning even though you have two cars alike doesn't mean they'll perform the same way. One car may dyno 375 HP then other 355 HP. Therefore one being a little faster or putting down very good power. As far as driving goes there was no doubt Derek could drive his car. His shifts were quick and clean. As the first run shows we were neck and neck, other runs as I noticed at the top of each gear I pulled, I hit 5th every run but let off seconds into it. Never ran it out. As far as our two cars they are indeed same mod and same setup.. (not exactly but you know what I mean) so should be within reason of each other. Again your upper rpms were no doubt where your car was falling I'd datalog and go from there. Wouldn't quiet start jumping the gun and pointing fingers. Again, great runs. And we will run them again soon
Bullshit. Bama tunes are crap ask anyone.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:47 PM   #73
Oxford14Stang

Like I said, datalog your car Derek lol. And rx7 I'll be using bama until I'm fully bolted.

Oxford14Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #74
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
Like I said, datalog your car Derek lol. And rx7 I'll be using bama until I'm fully bolted.
I will as well, till I get the juice on my car.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #75
Midnight11
El Presidente

All of y'all are slow

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote