Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #1
Monolith

Whoa...$499 for the mount? No IPad Mini included? Nah..I'll pass....
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 02:49 PM   #2
Reaper

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
Whoa...$499 for the mount? No IPad Mini included? Nah..I'll pass....
Cost 399 with discount for me. I understand though. I've heard a lot of problems with that nav unit u linked. Make sure u do research on it before u buy it!
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 02:26 PM   #3
NAVAG

I backed out of ordering the Nav unit from AM several times. I always ask myself
Do I really need this?
Do I really feel like installing it?
How often do I actually use Navigation?
I always come to the conclusion that it is $700 that go go toward something else. I'm a gadget guy and I like the idea of owning one but It's something that I would rarely use. Right now I just use google maps on my cell phone and after owning this car for two years I've only needed it a handful of times. Go back to 1989 when I owned my first Mustang and I had no cell phone and had to use a map and what I got now is a hundred times better.

I've heard good and bad things about the Raxiom unit from AM. The thing that I don't like about it is not being able to use my factory Satellite Antenna unless it is hard wired in, otherwise you would have to mount their antenna somewhere else. For a product that is claiming to have an OE appearance and is pretty much plug and play with everything else one would figure that the antenna would be too...
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote