Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2013, 11:55 AM   #1
maxpayne

Default Painted Stock Calipers

I hate the look of the stock calipers but I can't afford brembos at the moment......so I painted them black. I was hoping this would 1) make them less noticeable and 2) make them look a tad better. I think it turned out as best it could - and special thanks to my wife as she did all the taping and painting!

I used the black G2 caliper paint from LM. I didn't use red because that would have highlighted the calipers, which is the exact opposite of what I wanted. I followed the instruction pretty close. 1) Put car on jacks and removed wheels. 2) Masked off the rubber/plastic components and part of the rotors. 3) Cleaned calipers with brake cleaner and a wire brush. 4) Put a light first coat on. 5) Waited 20-30 minutes and put second coat. 6) Waited again and put another coat on just the main part that is visible. 7) Let sit over night. 8) Re-installed the wheels this morning. 9) Finally, have to wait 24 hours before driving.

Also, I bought better paint brushes than was supplied in the G2 kit. The one supplied sucked balls. And, I used a wire brush to clean even though my car is fairly new and there wasn't much dust on the calipers.

Overall, I think this was a good, cheap mod for me in particular because my car is black and so are my wheels. And thus, my calipers do not stick out like a sore thumb.

Sorry for the shitty embedding of pictures. I am a newb.

Last edited by maxpayne; 11-02-2013 at 12:05 PM.
maxpayne is offline   Reply With Quote