Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
wbt

Originally Posted by Oxford14Stang View Post
I'm going to have to agree with Steve on this one. I spoke with Brent just yesterday at the Coit meet but like Steve said they both have different plans for their cars. I personally can't wait to see your results Brent but like Steve, I just can't imagine spinning these motors that high. I'm a die hard ford guy and work in the shop at a ford dealership and have yet to see a 5.0 fail for any other reason other than cyl. 8 burn up due to improper tuning. I'm wanting to do full bolt-ons to my car. Longtubes,o/r/x cat delete, axlebacks,cai/tune,throttle body and I'm wanting and praying to be around the 420-425 range little less than those with the boss manifolds but retain my tq that the boss' lose. And than plan to go with a turbo set up. I'm just in the debate with the help of Tim from TS as to what size headers I should be running right now because the turbo set up will prob be 1 1/2 -2 years down the road.
I have been shifting these cars at 7,600+ for several years without a single issue. IMO that speaks volumes as to reliability. Nothing is ever 100% but I am willing to take my chances.

Regarding headers, Pypes is where you want to be.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote