Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 02-18-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
PCB

Default Nothing like buying wheels..

Then finding out they have been refinished horribly.

uploadfromtaptalk1392768957779.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392768974119.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392768987875.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392769003458.jpguploadfromtaptalk1392769014518.jpg

I contacted the seller on eBay. I think it's only fair that he pays half to have them refinished. To say I'm pissed is an understatement.
PCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #2
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Damn, that sucks.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:27 PM   #3
Slow Five-O

Damn
Old 02-18-2014, 11:28 PM   #4
PCB

Seller hasn't replied. Already filed a claim with eBay seeing they always favor the buyer. If I would have known the we're refinished and this badly I would have passed. His auction never mentioned it, and I even asked him in an email why he was selling. It's going to cost me a good chunk of change to get it done right and I think he should be responsible to get it taken care of. Sad in this day in age this passes off as quality work someone was willing to sell.

Whether or not he got screwed or not, me being a painter by trade I would be embarrassed to sell these as a gently used set.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:51 AM   #5
zsommer79

Would just send them back, why go through the hassle of getting them refinished.
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
PCB

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
Would just send them back, why go through the hassle of getting them refinished.
They have already been sent off. Besides the fact I already bought tires for them, it would be more of a hassle to return them.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #7
gip99gt

What type of wheels are they? Need better pics.
gip99gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:11 PM   #8
PCB

Originally Posted by gip99gt View Post
What type of wheels are they? Need better pics.
Machine F14

Got them refinished correctly. Picking them up Saturday.

Still fighting the seller for paying for half. His messages are nuts.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #9
zsommer79

I would have waited until he agreed to pay. What happens if he just tells you to send them back?
zsommer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:53 PM   #10
DirtyD

What types of excuses is he making?

I get angry when I see people lie and rip off other people just to make some money, when more than likely they would throw a bitch fit if it were them getting ripped off. Honesty just isn't there anymore.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:07 PM   #11
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post

I get angry when I see people lie and rip off other people just to make some money, when more than likely they would throw a bitch fit if it were them getting ripped off. Honesty just isn't there anymore.
Thats the problem with the world today man. too many shady assholes willing to screw people over. Hopefully karma buttfucks his soul

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:04 PM   #12
PCB

Originally Posted by zsommer79 View Post
I would have waited until he agreed to pay. What happens if he just tells you to send them back?
I have a few options. Right now I have a case open with eBay. I added the pictures I posted here. With my 100% positive feedback (around 189) to his 100% feedback of 3 I have the upper hand here. eBay also favors the buyer in most situations. As you will read below, I will be more than happy to send the wheels back to him with certain conditions.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post

I opened the case with this:

"This is for my protection. I cannot afford to wait for you to answer my emails. The wheels in your listing never mentioned you had these refinished. Not only refinished but done badly. When I went to discount tire today to have the tires I already paid for mounted, the clear coat cracked and chipped. (It had already done that in numerous other places on all the wheels). Discount refused to mount the other tires on the wheels because of the damage it would cause. My only option was to use their service to have them refinished with a warranty. They are charging $187/wheel or $750. Otherwise these are $1300 paper weights. If your auction was accurately described as refinished wheels, not only would I have passed, but you would have been over priced. Please reply so we can come to an agreement. "

His first reply:

"1. In the message you stated that I did not say the wheels were not factory painted ("refinished"). In the description I clearly defined the wheels as "Custom Machine Face Silver with silver powder coat". Apart from that, I never stated they were factory painted either. Close up pictures of the wheels showed the finish of the wheel closely. Therefore, the item was described accurately. 2. I had tires mounted and unmounted twice with two different sets of tires at two different tire shops a couple of weeks prior to listing them. Tires can be mounted on those wheels without a problem and I know this for a fact as I had it done twice myself without any problem. It seems to me that you should be talking to the tire shop that you took the wheels to. They most likely tried taking advantage of the fact that you prepaid for mounting to sell you into paying $750 when not needed. If that tire shop can't or won't mount the tires, that is on their behalf.The wheels even had tires when I listed."

My reply:

"Afternoon, In your auction you NEVER stated that the wheels were refurbished or refinished. I quote "The wheels come as you see them, one of them has a scratch as I showed in the picture." You then set the price that was a little overpriced for a used set. (That wouldn't need to be refinished) Per the Selling Policies of ebay: 1. Specify the condition of the item 2. Describe any defects or flaws in the item—this helps avoid problems or buyer dissatisfaction. 3. When selling a used, refurbished, or flawed item, you must include photos of the actual item for sale instead of a stock photo. -Again you never stated you had these refinished and/or refurbished. You took pictures from a distance that would not show damage or the flaws, and you took up close pictures of un-effected areas and stated there was one scratch. I have 6 pictures of the horrible condition of these wheels that you sold to me at a price where they shouldn't have had to been repaired. There is paint/clear chipping/peel"

His Reply:

"Alright, I apologize for the miscommunication that has happened throughout this transaction. I would be willing to refund you $200 to settle this situation and that way you would also avoid having to pay shipping to return the item.

My Reply:

"I appreciate your offer, but you need to pay half of the refinishing work on these wheels seeing that you knew they would have to be done when you shipped them. All I am asking for is half which would be $375. There are two ways we can come to an agreement. Refund me $375 for your half of the refinish work, or I can send the wheels back as long as you refund my money for the tires I already bought, the refinish work I already paid for, the shipping back to you and my original $1289.00 for the wheels. I do not think I am being unrealistic in my requests. You went against eBay policies, sold me a set of refinished wheels and didn't declare it, went out of your way to manipulate pictures and after all this you still have a buyer willing to pay 1/2 to get these wheels fixed when you should have done so before selling. I am still willing to give positive feedback if you are willing to split the refinishing costs. If you think this is unfair we can wait to see what eBay has to say."
Old 02-20-2014, 09:09 PM   #13
PCB

I have yet to hear back from him, so I am guessing eBay is going to step in. Bad news for him seeing that I have heard in situations like this, they refund the entire amount and ask me to send the wheels back. I am sure at that point in time he would be willing to pay up.

I am honestly shocked. In his pictures he went out of his way to represent the wheels in a manner that made them looked gently used and in good condition. After inspecting them in the day light is when I saw the flaws, usually I can let a few things slide, but it looked like he took a can of clear to them in his garage. Runs, cracks, imperfections under the excessive clear. They looked horrible.

We will see what eBay has to say. I was hoping he would have been smart about this.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #14
DirtyD

eBay will pull the original listing and see what the description and pictures showed, and compare them to pictures you provide. It seems to be pretty cut and dry in your favor
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:40 PM   #15
PCB

He just sent this:

I am willing to offer $200 in order to settle this argument but no more. I still know that I sent you wheels that can have the tires mounted on them without a problem seeing as I did it myself twice. My offer still stands. If you do wish to opt to return the wheels for a refund of $1289.00 I am open to that option as well. However, it will be a refund of $1289. The tires that you already paid for have nothing to do with my sale of the wheels. You also should have contacted me prior to having refinished the wheels and then demand I pay for half of it or all of it in the case of a return. This is especially true when there was no need to refinish them. As for shipping back, I paid for the shipping to you and you would pay it to send it back. That is the way returns are normally made when sellers charge a restocking fee. You are asking me to refund you more money than what you purchased from me because of decisions you made on your end (prepaying tires and going ahead and refinishing)"

My reply:

"$375 will settle this. It's fair. You went against eBay policy and didn't declare the wheels refinished. As you can see in my pictures the wheels did needed to be refinished as the clear coat was chipping and cracking off the wheel. Look at the pictures, I am not lying. $375 and it's a done deal. If you decide not to take my offer, I will let eBay handle this matter, and leave negative feedback. Sellers charge a restocking fee when they are honest with the buyers and the buyer wants to return. Not when the seller lied about the condition of the product. I have proof in pictures, you broke eBay policy, and I have perfect feedback rating. How do you really think this is going to go?"

Does this guy really think he is in the right?