Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #31
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
You must be confused…again lmfao

My dodge has the factory trans, never rebuilt. Often hooked to a 20,000lb rig without issue.
I said I remember a time. Like I said alot of makes and models have their trouble spots. The dodge was the 5spd. It would knock out 5th.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #32
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Mother fucken BOOM. All very accurate, well recapped.
Very.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #33
STROKD
Old School

Im lightly confused why the only comment RX makes is about the total sales? Do I give a shit the Camry is the best selling car in the US? Fuck I should go get one because its obviously superior to everything else... no, its called people are cheap and mostly have no taste... same is true about buying more Fords vs Gm or Dodge etc... its a weak arguenebt at best... whats true is Junkie and I's valid points that our GMs and Dodge break less than your Ford, RX...
Old 03-20-2014, 06:38 PM   #34
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
I said I remember a time. Like I said alot of makes and models have their trouble spots. The dodge was the 5spd. It would knock out 5th.
Kinda like the MT82 now..
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #35
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Kinda like the MT82 now..
Motherfucking right? Its not knocking them out unless realy pushed what mine went in for was the wine. NO drivability probs.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:39 PM   #36
Junkie

Once again, more internet sourcing, and motor trending. Typical faggotry

Go to MSR, go to Northstar, go to any racing venue.

Mustangs are getting buttfucked by the competition. Lots of it being cheaper.

You've been wrong about my truck, which I even admitted is sub par build quality.

All you can manage to do is quote some random internet shit, and some dumb shit comparisons.

LS powered cars > pile of fuck local mod motor cars that clearly spend more time in the dealership then Vettes. Yet according to you, are better "build quality"

LMFAO once again, at the blind brand loyalty. I bet when you sell that car, you talk about how it was a big piece of fuck. Unlike most people, I will admit something sucks, regardless of ownership.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #37
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Im lightly confused why the only comment RX makes is about the total sales? Do I give a shit the Camry is the best selling car in the US? Fuck I should go get one because its obviously superior to everything else... no, its called people are cheap and mostly have no taste... same is true about buying more Fords vs Gm or Dodge etc... its a weak arguenebt at best... whats true is Junkie and I's valid points that our GMs and Dodge break less than your Ford, RX...
Well to pursue the answer to your statemt you would have to look up reliabilty reports and service of all vehicles of each company. Ford are notoriously more pricey then GM or especially dodges. So your argument on people being cheap and buy Fords is invalid.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:42 PM   #38
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Well to pursue the answer to your statemt you would have to look up reliabilty reports and service of all vehicles of each company. Ford are notoriously more pricey then GM or especially dodges. So your argument on people being cheap and buy Fords is invalid.
So you're saying Fords are more expensive and slower?

For the record, I'm just poking fun. I'm on the fence as you can get. I own both mod motors and a LS car! lmao.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #39
re-rx7
Banned

Once again, more internet sourcing, and motor trending. Typical faggotry

Go to MSR, go to Northstar, go to any racing venue.

Mustangs are getting buttfucked by the competition. Lots of it being cheaper.

You've been wrong about my truck, which I even admitted is sub par build quality.

All you can manage to do is quote some random internet shit, and some dumb shit comparisons.

LS powered cars > pile of fuck local mod motor cars that clearly spend more time in the dealership then Vettes. Yet according to you, are better "build quality"

LMFAO once again, at the blind brand loyalty. I bet when you sell that car, you talk about how it was a big piece of fuck. Unlike most people, I will admit something sucks, regardless of ownership.
I admitted the Evo was a pile of shit and the DSM at Jinbeh that evening did I not? God I loathed that fucking car (DSM). So if I bought a GM and something broke wpuld it still be better then a Ford even if it had to go to the shop? Im not talking about "your" truck im talking as a whole.

Last edited by re-rx7; 03-20-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:46 PM   #40
re-rx7
Banned

So you're saying Fords are more expensive and slower?

For the record, I'm just poking fun. I'm on the fence as you can get. I own both mod motors and a LS car! lmao.
LOl I get it. Well the Eco is a hell of a truck. They are more expensive yes but they sell a shit ton of them to constructon companies ect. You can get the dodges alot cheaper then GM's or Fords but theystill dont sell as well. Why? The trucks have to work and be reliable. So these companies stick witbh what works. Even when I owned imports I thought that Ford had the best truck.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:48 PM   #41
Junkie

lol once again. Blind sheep

You know why Fords sell more units? Government contracts, it has nothing to do with the average person.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #42
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I think you guys are arguing about two different things. Will is arguing performance and which is better as a fast street car and RX7 is arguing statistics from factory stuff.

Ford and GM have two entirely different approaches to performance. Ford has the mod motor stuff, lighter weight with less cubic inches and GM is still doing it the old fashion way with pushrods and cubic inches.

Both build great cars, but it's clear that as far as performance goes, Mustangs aren't as competitive with everything that pulls into a meet. BUT, they do perform well against other cars in their class like the BMW, Camaro and Challenger. Mustangs aren't the fastest things on the road, but they are still solid performers for people on a lower budget (even though is really pushing the boundries on that with their pricing these days.)
Old 03-20-2014, 06:49 PM   #43
re-rx7
Banned

lol once again. Blind sheep

You know why Fords sell more units? Government contracts, it has nothing to do with the average person.
all stangs are Pile of fuck? Also construction sales. Think about this...If The gov bailed out GM wouldnt it have made more sense to buy cars from them instead of Ford to boost the stock?

http://dfw50s.com/showthread.php?t=2459

Godamn Im in love with Junkie.

Last edited by re-rx7; 03-20-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:51 PM   #44
re-rx7
Banned

Both build great cars, but it's clear that as far as performance goes, Mustangs aren't as competitive with everything that pulls into a meet. BUT, they do perform well against other cars in their class like the BMW, Camaro and Challenger. Mustangs aren't the fastest things on the road, but they are still solid performers for people on a lower budget (even though is really pushing the boundries on that with their pricing these days.)
Agree with all of this. Especially pricing. I like the V's I really do just a lil out of my range right now. Trying to start house buying Jan next year.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:54 PM   #45
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Poke fun all you like, I've said it before, I'll say it again. If you want solid performance information about how to go fast in just about any performance vehicle, Junkie is a solid place to go to for information. If he doesn't know the answer, you bet your ass he knows the best in the industry who does have the answers. I trust him completely when it comes to going fast.

Now, where I don't trust him, in a bar, a strip club or in a hotel room when he's run out of booze.. lmao