Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > Events

Events If you know of an events or auto shows that are taking place near you, post them in here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #1
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Very True. I like the competition, but sometimes the cheaters out there ruin the fun for others.

For example. White SS camaro that won the Sportman last year.
As you know sportsman is pretty basic bolt on NA 8 cylinder class.
Ran him many times and he always had this edge on me in the higher rpms.
Said his car was tune, exhaust, intake.....
This dude was embarrassing same year camaros with the same mods.
Found a thread from earlier that year outlining an ADM Performance built motor that was put in that car.
That's crap. I know there isn't really a way to control that type of stuff, but I wish there was. I think the only way to do that would be to time bracket, but that would require them to start timing...
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Courtesy Flush

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
That's crap. I know there isn't really a way to control that type of stuff, but I wish there was. I think the only way to do that would be to time bracket, but that would require them to start timing...
The tech inspection is pretty lousy, they just check to make sure you're not leaking fluids. They never pop the hood and just take your word for it so guys take advantage.
Ive met some good people out there and some shitbirds. Overall with a good group of people from a forum going, an event like this can be fun.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
The tech inspection is pretty lousy, they just check to make sure you're not leaking fluids. They never pop the hood and just take your word for it so guys take advantage.
Ive met some good people out there and some shitbirds. Overall with a good group of people from a forum going, an event like this can be fun.
If we get a big number of DFW5.0 members to come out, it might turn out to be fun. Lots of people will be gunning for us though. Maybe we can somehow pass Jeff off as still stock after his motor gets finished...the cams aren't too lopey I heard.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote