Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #31
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
ok thats cool i do want to install some "cams" lol
heres my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/2009YFZR?feature=mhee

have a couple cam tune vids on there with LT's. I think i have one with just the X pipe on lol

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #32
DirtyD

IIRC, you get 3 tunes for the $200, eco, performance, and I think drag. I think it works by substitution for the idle lope tune by adding on an extra $50 to make it your third tune.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #33
downtime!

Mine m has been tuned since shortly after I bought her, both with a canned tune from VMP and a dyno tune from Gearheads. I've made a hundred or so passes with her, and no telling how many "Mexico" runs, with no issues whatsoever. I see the stories about the number 8 failures and have to wonder how inept the person doing the tuning is.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 PM   #34
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I understand why some want the lope tune because it sounds cool, but it's not worth the long term damage is does and the drivability issues that come along with it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 PM   #35
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I understand why some want the lope tune because it sounds cool, but it's not worth the long term damage is does and the drivability issues that come along with it.
There is no long term damage except to the cats. That's why tuners recommend off road mid pipes. Shaun said my high flows would last maybe 40k miles if I ran the tune everyday, but it's just a novelty. The lope tune is the same as the boss track key.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:55 PM   #36
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by 5PointSlow View Post
There is no long term damage except to the cats. That's why tuners recommend off road mid pipes. Shaun said my high flows would last maybe 40k miles if I ran the tune everyday, but it's just a novelty. The lope tune is the same as the boss track key.
That's not entirely true. There is definetely some cylinder wash going on with the large amounts of unburned fuel. Any car that runs these tunes you can smell it, it's horrible. I also suspect there will be some long term valve spring damage as well.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #37
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

My lope tune here soon won't have any long term damages.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:11 AM   #38
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
My lope tune here soon won't have any long term damages.
Very true providing the proper springs are being used. I'm wondering how they are going to work with the variable timing in these cars. Should be interesting to see how it comes together.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #39
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Very true providing the proper springs are being used. I'm wondering how they are going to work with the variable timing in these cars. Should be interesting to see how it comes together.
Ask Tim or Clint about that.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 AM   #40
StormTrooper
Super Moderator

just wondering but explain how a tuner here cant do idle and part throttle and one of those guys complains about mpg haha
lol my mpg is better now that I disconnected the battery (i didn't do that when i went from the cam to the performance tune), but yes before that it was crappy and lunds was very crappy 13.4 average mpg. out of AED's tune and Lund, I would have to say so far I like AED's better
StormTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #41
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Ask Tim or Clint about that.
LOL, didn't you research any of this stuff or you just writing a check like Ricky Bobby saying " I wanna go fast!"
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 AM   #42
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

LOL, didn't you research any of this stuff or you just writing a check like Ricky Bobby saying " I wanna go fast!"
Pretty much the Ricky Bobby shit. LOL. No we talked about it but I'm a little drunk to remember exactly what they said. Tonight was bowling night. And we went out for Tam Wasson's B-day.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 AM   #43
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Pretty much the Ricky Bobby shit. LOL. No we talked about it but I'm a little drunk to remember exactly what they said. Tonight was bowling night. And we went out for Tam Wasson's B-day.
Ahhh.Tam should be about ready for the seniors tour cleaning up the easy money. lol

When is the car going into the shop?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #44
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Ahhh.Tam should be about ready for the seniors tour cleaning up the easy money. lol

When is the car going into the shop?
Friday morning. Hopefully they will be done with that fake 5.0 which is really a v-6 with fake cams that he is putting a D-1 on. If they get done with his car soon enough they will start on mine Friday.

And yes Tam is cleaning up in SASBA.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #45
OG Fox
Supporting Member

just wondering but explain how a tuner here cant do idle and part throttle and one of those guys complains about mpg haha
Shaun@AED only tunes 5.0 and from what I read is the expert in doing so. A dyno tune is also great, and I know that True Street is the best in town. However, I would like to know what is more accurate when tuning, datalogging from the car's computer or using a sniffer out the tailpipe for afr?
OG Fox is offline   Reply With Quote