The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #1
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Default DUI's

It's crazy how common DUI's are now. Almost everyone knows someone with a DUI on their record. Obviously the laws aren't stiff enough because there is so many repeat offenders out there.

What's crazy, is that I was watching the news earlier and the Ft.Worth Police Chief was being interviewed about the amount of DUI's his officers racked up in 2012. EIGHTEEN...yes 18..police officers in 2012 alone got DUI's! So he is starting some program to not have a single Ft.Worth police officer to be arrested at all in 2013.

What does that say about our society when police officers are being needed to be looked after for something as brainless as this?

Maybe the Mayans were right. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
It's crazy how common DUI's are now. Almost everyone knows someone with a DUI on their record. Obviously the laws aren't stiff enough because there is so many repeat offenders out there.

What's crazy, is that I was watching the news earlier and the Ft.Worth Police Chief was being interviewed about the amount of DUI's his officers racked up in 2012. EIGHTEEN...yes 18..police officers in 2012 alone got DUI's! So he is starting some program to not have a single Ft.Worth police officer to be arrested at all in 2013.

What does that say about our society when police officers are being needed to be looked after for something as brainless as this?

Maybe the Mayans were right. lol.
The reason you notice more cops getting busted is because their buddies used to let them go. I don't think are more doing it just more getting arrested then used too.

As for the punshment it isn't that light. Cost a lot of money to make it go away.
It's a money maker for the cities so they really go after it. I know a state trooper that will pull you over at night if you hit the solid white line just so he can check.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
03MachMe

Yep it is a HUGE problem and honestly for every one we catch there are prolly 10 on the road we didn't. That is part of the reason you see it so much is because people do it a few times and don't get caught so they think they never will. Another part of the problem is b people don't realize what a 0.08 blood alcohol concentration feels like. Any decent buzz and you are prolly at or over 0.08. But the biggest problem in my eyesbis the system. You would not believe the amount of paperwork I have to do for a dwi. Then almost everyone of them goes to court so that is another day of my time. I know a lot of officers that do not like doing them so they will not go out and look for them. Now if one falls in their lap they wont just ignore it but they don't like to go out looking for them. Until they change something and dont make us jump through so many hoops to where more officers WANT to find dwi's so more people get caught nothing will change

As far as FWPD goes they have LOTS of problems. Like officers getting caught smoking weed in the patrol car. All professions have their idiots, ours just make the news. I know at my dept we have not had a single officer arrested since I started working there. But the majority of officers that lose their certification is due to something alcohol related

And just to clarify DUI is for minors only and DWI is for anyone over the limit, over 21, or on something other than alcohol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
The reason you notice more cops getting busted is because their buddies used to let them go. I don't think are more doing it just more getting arrested then used too.

As for the punshment it isn't that light. Cost a lot of money to make it go away.
It's a money maker for the cities so they really go after it. I know a state trooper that will pull you over at night if you hit the solid white line just so he can check.
As far as im concerned, its not severe enough. The first one should be a huge fine and 30 days in jail. Second one a year and then add a year for every one after that. After someone gets their first one they should be hit over the head HARD to make a lasting impression to make them think twice about doing it again.

Its not that fuckin hard to get - dont drink and drive! If you want to drink have a DD, take a cab/bus or stay home and drink.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

I agree.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:13 PM   #6
Taxman

As far as im concerned, its not severe enough. The first one should be a huge fine and 30 days in jail. Second one a year and then add a year for every one after that. After someone gets their first one they should be hit over the head HARD to make a lasting impression to make them think twice about doing it again.

Its not that fuckin hard to get - dont drink and drive! If you want to drink have a DD, take a cab/bus or stay home and drink.
100% agree

Vortech V3, forged internals, FRPP 3:73 gears, MAC LT's w/ Prochamber, FRPP K Springs, Hurst Billet shifter, FRPP Intake maniforld FRPP 62mm Throttle body, and lots of showy stuff that doesn't make it any faster.

Tuned by True Street Motorsports 523 rwhp and 444 ftlbs torque.
Taxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #7
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
I agree.
It's hard to believe that you agree coming from you. LOL
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
blownaltered
I have a small penis

So because you had 3 beers before driving you should lose your job, maybe your house or at least not pay any bills go on unemployment or just suck off the government tit. You go to jail for 30 days and that's what happens. What do you consider a huge fine, should we bankrupt somebody for 3 beers? I think you need to get off your hit horse there pal. Shouldn't the penalty for street racing be just as bad since it kills people also
Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #9
Courtesy Flush

Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
merlinmol

I've never understood why people cannot be responsible and stop drinking an hour or so before they go home and have water and whatnot. I never have a problem and if I'm trashed I always have a place to stay and sleep it off. Maybe I'm just more alert to it because I have known people that have suffered from the aftermath of drunk driving.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #11
03MachMe

So because you had 3 beers before driving you should lose your job, maybe your house or at least not pay any bills go on unemployment or just suck off the government tit. You go to jail for 30 days and that's what happens. What do you consider a huge fine, should we bankrupt somebody for 3 beers? I think you need to get off your hit horse there pal. Shouldn't the penalty for street racing be just as bad since it kills people also
If your intoxicated after three beers then yes. It might make some people thing twice about doing it if the penalty is more than just a slap on the wrist and some lawyer fees. You wouldn't believe the number of times I will arrest someone for DWI and it will be there third or fourth one. the penalty obviously isn't bad enough when you have people that do it time after time and are still on the road risking peoples lives. Come out next time I work an accident where someone is killed or badly injured because someone had "3" beers and decided it was more important for them to get their car home than not risk the lives of everyone else on the road. and the penalty or street racing is the same as a DWI. Class B misdemeanor with enhancements along the same lines as DWIs...

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM   #12
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
If your intoxicated after three beers then yes. It might make some people thing twice about doing it if the penalty is more than just a slap on the wrist and some lawyer fees. You wouldn't believe the number of times I will arrest someone for DWI and it will be there third or fourth one. the penalty obviously isn't bad enough when you have people that do it time after time and are still on the road risking peoples lives. Come out next time I work an accident where someone is killed or badly injured because someone had "3" beers and decided it was more important for them to get their car home than not risk the lives of everyone else on the road. and the penalty or street racing is the same as a DWI. Class B misdemeanor with enhancements along the same lines as DWIs...
I've never heard of anybody paying $3000 in fees, having to get bailed out of jail and impound pees, not to mention a 30 day suspension on their license for street racing. Let's be real here its not the same punishment.

But I do think they need to change the rules for dwi. But I think Steve is on another planet. 1st offense should not have jail time and if it does should not extend past a week. Higher fine yes but what should that limit be 5k. How about this we charge by what you blow if you blow a .08 your fine and penalty is less than the guy that blows a .18, would that be the fair way. We do every crime like that. If you steal something under $20 dollars you don't pay the same as over $1000.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #13
03MachMe

I've never heard of anybody paying $3000 in fees, having to get bailed out of jail and impound pees, not to mention a 30 day suspension on their license for street racing. Let's be real here its not the same punishment.

But I do think they need to change the rules for dwi. But I think Steve is on another planet. 1st offense should not have jail time and if it does should not extend past a week. Higher fine yes but what should that limit be 5k. How about this we charge by what you blow if you blow a .08 your fine and penalty is less than the guy that blows a .18, would that be the fair way. We do every crime like that. If you steal something under $20 dollars you don't pay the same as over $1000.
your right we can seize your car if your caught street racing so you would lose it all together..... they just passed an enhancement last year that makes it a class A if you blow over 0.15 and the difference in theft of $20 to $1000 is that $20 would be a Class C, same as a ticket, and $1000 is a class A.

The main problem with your logic is that you think it is OK to drink and drive so you think the punishment shouldnt be that bad. until you see it in person or are affected by it personally then your mind will change. until you see a man decapitated because he decided to drive home drunk and the pain that it caused the family and his young daughter. Until you are searching backyards for the body of a child because you found a car seat in the back of that car and are unsure if the child was in the car with him or not you will never get it, and I dont expect you to. Thought process like yours where its OK to drive after drinking is the problem and until that changes nothing else will change....

386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 12-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #14
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

I've never heard of anybody paying $3000 in fees, having to get bailed out of jail and impound pees, not to mention a 30 day suspension on their license for street racing. Let's be real here its not the same punishment...
I spent 2 nights in jail for "street racing".
It is also a 1 year suspension of your license.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

In my opinion, yes. If the penalities for it are so severe it will make people think twice about doing. It's crazy to me that people will stop and think if it effects their wallet or some jail time, but it doesn't make them think twice if they might lose their lives or kill someone else. You can say I'm on my high horse about it all you like but that doesn't mean drinking and driving is okay.

How big is the problem?

•In 2010, 10,228 people were killed in alcohol-impaired driving crashes, accounting for nearly one-third (31%) of all traffic-related deaths in the United States.1
•Of the 1,210 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years in 2010, 211 (17%) involved an alcohol-impaired driver.1
•Of the 211 child passengers ages 14 and younger who died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes in 2010, over half (131) were riding in the vehicle with the alcohol-impaired driver.1
•In 2010, over 1.4 million drivers were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or narcotics.3 That's one percent of the 112 million self-reported episodes of alcohol-impaired driving among U.S. adults each year.4
•Drugs other than alcohol (e.g., marijuana and cocaine) are involved in about 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths. These other drugs are often used in combination with alcohol.5

Agreed. I don't think it's okay for someone to have three beers only to leave and plow into my family because they didn't want to be bothered with making other arrangements to get home like a responsible person.

LOL, I'm not on another planet, I think my opinion on the subject is perfectly logical. Clearly the punishments we have now are not working at all because it doesn't stop people from drinking and driving at all. The punishments are still light enough where some people are willing to take the chance to drive. In fact, the punishments are so light there is a LOT of people out there with multiple DWI's on their records.

your right we can seize your car if your caught street racing so you would lose it all together..... they just passed an enhancement last year that makes it a class A if you blow over 0.15 and the difference in theft of $20 to $1000 is that $20 would be a Class C, same as a ticket, and $1000 is a class A.

The main problem with your logic is that you think it is OK to drink and drive so you think the punishment shouldnt be that bad. until you see it in person or are affected by it personally then your mind will change. until you see a man decapitated because he decided to drive home drunk and the pain that it caused the family and his young daughter. Until you are searching backyards for the body of a child because you found a car seat in the back of that car and are unsure if the child was in the car with him or not you will never get it, and I dont expect you to. Thought process like yours where its OK to drive after drinking is the problem and until that changes nothing else will change....
Agreed 100%. I'll never get my friend back and his son can't be brought back from commiting suicide for feeling so guilty for killing his own father because he was drinking and driving on the way home from a football game and his father was a passenger.