The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #31
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
So you want to punish drunk drivers worse than most violent crimes. Can we do texting and driving the same way. If we are going to throw the book at one you have to do it to everybody. I don't think people should lose everything for a first offense, that's where I think you crazy
I'm not talking about violent crimes or texting. We're talking about DWI here. Yes, they need to be severely punished. I know you like to go out and have some drinks, don't take my opinion personally.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #32
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Sounds fun but how would we get home?
piggyback

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #33
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Sounds fun but how would we get home?
<-----Always the DD.

<----- Sober enough to call you a cab.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #34
Bearded Banger

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
Next DFW/5.0/Terminators/and a couple of 3vs and V6s.com meet we should all get drunk and race.

GO KARTS!
Race in reverse!
Bearded Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 PM   #35
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'm not talking about violent crimes or texting. We're talking about DWI here. Yes, they need to be severely punished. I know you like to go out and have some drinks, don't take my opinion personally.
Not taking personally. I just feel you are being a little out of whack on this one. Punishment should be equal with the crime and for a first time dwi that is above the crime. That is something they would give for felony not a mr meaner ( if you don't get that then you won't get it ). In my opinion if you made the bars more liable for letting their patrons leave wasted then there would be a lot less drunk drivers.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #36
blownaltered
I have a small penis

In all honesty with the punished Steve wants you will have more drunks run from the cops the you have ever had before and that will cause more death and destruction. People aren't going to stop drinking because of fear of punishment. Drugs are illegal and millions of people do them everyday. You will just make people try to get away. I would guess the amount of dwi chases would double
Old 12-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Not taking personally. I just feel you are being a little out of whack on this one. Punishment should be equal with the crime and for a first time dwi that is above the crime. That is something they would give for felony not a mr meaner ( if you don't get that then you won't get it ). In my opinion if you made the bars more liable for letting their patrons leave wasted then there would be a lot less drunk drivers.
Its not up to the establishments to police their patrons. They are in busuness to make money. People should be accountable for their own actions and control the amount of consumption. If they fail to do so they should punished accordingly.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #38
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Its not up to the establishments to police their patrons. They are in busuness to make money. People should be accountable for their own actions and control the amount of consumption. If they fail to do so they should punished accordingly.
Correct accordingly not some ridiculous plan you have to bankrupt somebody for having one to many. It's nice to see you on top of your hill looking down on people, since you have never done anything to break the law.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:20 AM   #39
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Correct accordingly not some ridiculous plan you have to bankrupt somebody for having one to many. It's nice to see you on top of your hill looking down on people, since you have never done anything to break the law.
Quit being overly dramatic there is no need for it just because we have differing opinions on something. You think it's okay for people to drink and drive, I do not. No need to try to make it an ugly arguement.

You say my plan is to bankrupt someone, it's actually to deter someone from killing themselves or someone else. It is NOT okay to drink and drive in anyway you try to justify it.

Last edited by Grandpa; 12-20-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:28 AM   #40
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Quit being overly dramatic there is no need for it just because we have differing opinions on something. You think it's okay for people to drink and drive, I do not. No need to try to make it an ugly arguement.

You say my plan is to bankrupt someone, it's actually to deter someone from killing themselves or someone else. It is NOT okay to drink and drive in anyway you try to justify it.
Not trying to justify drinking in driving. I just saying make the penalty match the crime which your not. Someone with a .08 is no where near the same as someone with a .18 which is double the limit. Every time you hear about some asshole driving the wrong way on the highway that is around their blood level, the cowboy that just killed his buddy was a .18 that's my point. If you are going to through some ridiculous laws out there they should fit the crime. There is a hell of a difference in drinking 4 beers vs a 12 pack. I just don't see how you can't recognize that
Old 12-20-2012, 01:30 AM   #41
46Tbird

People will always drink and drive. The system doesn't want you to STOP drinking and driving, there is too much money in fines, court costs, driving fees, surcharges, SR22 / insurance premiums, and of course legal fees. It costs around ten grand for a first offense. I've got a friend dealing with it now. He's a good guy that doesn't have a drinking problem (fyi, three beers and an hour wait before leaving will get you a .85 at 200lbs) but he does now have a very serious legal problem.

The money keeps the machine turning. There are simple ways to reduce the number of people driving drunk, but how are all these fancy new city halls and Chargers going to get paid for?
46Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:31 AM   #42
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I know drinking in driving isn't good but your not going to stop it because they will never start a ridiculous set of penalties like you want. Which is probably good for most of this board from what I read.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:39 AM   #43
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
People will always drink and drive. The system doesn't want you to STOP drinking and driving, there is too much money in fines, court costs, driving fees, surcharges, SR22 / insurance premiums, and of course legal fees. It costs around ten grand for a first offense. I've got a friend dealing with it now. He's a good guy that doesn't have a drinking problem (fyi, three beers and an hour wait before leaving will get you a .85 at 200lbs) but he does now have a very serious legal problem.

The money keeps the machine turning. There are simple ways to reduce the number of people driving drunk, but how are all these fancy new city halls and Chargers going to get paid for?
That's my point 3 beers and by the rules Steve wants you lose everything. That doesn't add up to me. See people don't understand how much one really cost between probation, bail, impound, license suspension or you have to pay to get it back active, lawyers, classes its a year long ass raping. Not to mention some insurance companies cancel you right then, then you get to pay double to some shit hole insurance company. It's just not a slap on the wrist. I will say the second offense should have worse penalties than what they have and if You blow over a .12 on your first offense everything should double what it is if you blow a .08
Old 12-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #44
89gt-stanger

To speak up from experience...

When I was 17 (turned 19 a few months ago) I made a bad decision to drink underage, then drive, and recieved a DUI minor. To be honest, the suthorities were not as harsh as they should have been. I posted a $519 bail and was out in a few hours. After completing 40 hours of community service and an alcohol awareness class, a $499 refund check was in my mail box.

No way in hell was that a harsh enough punishment. Since then, I have no had a single charge and have not driven drunk. Currently, I am on leave from basic training for HBL from Fort Sill. Yes, you can still get into the military with a DUI, it just depends on the situation. My life has turned around from what it was. Do I think I should have lost everything? Hell no. I learned my lesson.

It did not ruin my life, but it made things very tough and it put an unintended amount of stress of my family. All in all, I believe the driving while intoxicated laws are way too lax in this state.
Old 12-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #45
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I know drinking in driving isn't good but your not going to stop it because they will never start a ridiculous set of penalties like you want. Which is probably good for most of this board from what I read.
I'm not foolish enough to think that it can be stopped completely. Some people are just going to do it. My point is that if the penalty is stiff enough, more people will think twice about doing it and it will save lives.