Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Sponsors and Vendors > Vorshlag Motorsports

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:49 AM   #16
03MachMe

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Figgered it out.

Took down the trans mount and it was immediately apparent that the lower/wider section of the WL bushing was protruding through far enough to make contact with the crossmember. It was obvious where it was rubbing.

So I grabbed a razor blade and trimmed off the part that protrudes through the trans mount, about 3/8", all the way across. Some people whack off that whole lower section of the bushing, but that seems drastic.

Took it for a spin and NVH-wise I can't even tell anything is different than stock, but high rpm shifts are precise as before. This is how it's supposed to feel.

Pic of the remnant below.
Sweet! I'll have to trim mine once I get the time to Jack the car up again.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 11-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #17
DirtyD

Default Tranny Bushing Review

Figgered it out.

Took down the trans mount and it was immediately apparent that the lower/wider section of the WL bushing was protruding through far enough to make contact with the crossmember. It was obvious where it was rubbing.

So I grabbed a razor blade and trimmed off the part that protrudes through the trans mount, about 3/8", all the way across. Some people whack off that whole lower section of the bushing, but that seems drastic.

Took it for a spin and NVH-wise I can't even tell anything is different than stock, but high rpm shifts are precise as before. This is how it's supposed to feel.

Pic of the remnant below.
Awesome! Thanks for that update!
Old 11-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #18
Dan12GT

To be honest the vibration is not bad at all. I feel people who complain about it are a bit on the picky side but it's your car and you are entitled to that view point.

I defiantly noticed some vibs but nothing crazy. It's obvious why the void was there in the first place to increase driving comfort and lesson vibrations. When you start modifying the car these are some of the to be expected items to anticipate. Especially if you are putting a hunk of rubber in an area by design is not supposed to have anything there.

I like the vibs, because race car!!

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Old 11-29-2013, 08:49 PM   #19
03MachMe

I agree Danny it's not bad at all in my car but if I can cut just the end off and it gets rid of it but still does its job why not lol

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 12-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #20
46Tbird

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
I defiantly noticed some vibs but nothing crazy.
Then we definitely did not have the same experience. The sound and feel inside my car was pretty outrageous, to the point I had two people ask, unprompted, what was wrong with it.

Now that I trimmed an unnecessary 3/8" of material off the bushing, it works as designed and the "vibs" are minimal.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #21
Dan12GT

Then we definitely did not have the same experience. The sound and feel inside my car was pretty outrageous, to the point I had two people ask, unprompted, what was wrong with it.

Now that I trimmed an unnecessary 3/8" of material off the bushing, it works as designed and the "vibs" are minimal.
Interesting... I wonder how we could have such a drastic difference. Maybe some variations in the construction of the bushing during manufacturing...

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Old 01-18-2015, 03:19 PM   #22
GreggASmith

I agree there is a noticeable change in NVH, but I haven't been locked out of 3rd on a corner exit since installing it. It plain and simple works!