Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #16
GunsUp

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I'd imagine that is what the guys who bought the 2010's had to deal with. They got the new bodystyle, but the old motor with the new 5.0 coming out less than a year later. The guys who got out of their 2010's took a serious hit because the value of their 10's absolutely tanked cuz no one wanted them.
Yeah it's nothing new but why Does Ford do that? Just pisses the Mustang cult following off.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #17
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Wait wait wait... everyone said it would be 500lbs less

Can't wait to tell everyone that seriously expected that much weight loss "I toldya so."

-Alex
Its still up in the air no sound proof of anything right now. What is funny though is that if the car only makes 460hp, it still makes more then the vette lol.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
DirtyD

Well they do have a "2014.5" short production run, but I don't think they would up the power for the people that are getting the "anniversary" edition.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by GunsUp View Post
Yeah it's nothing new but why Does Ford do that? Just pisses the Mustang cult following off.
Clearly not the case considering Ford was selling them faster than they could make them with the release of the Coyote. I suspect the same will happen with the new car with the new body, suspension and gadgets. The Coyote still makes enough power for most people. You have to keep in mind, us car freaks are still the minority in Ford's sales because most people who buy Mustangs do not modify them at all. The more power they make from the factory, the less people tend to mod them motor wise.

As for comparing the new Mustang to a Corvette, it's apples to oranges still. The Mustang being a 2+2 passenger car versus the Corvette being a legitimate sports car with better weight balance and lighter weight. The Mustangs direct competitors are the Camaro and Challenger, not the Corvette.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Its still up in the air no sound proof of anything right now. What is funny though is that if the car only makes 460hp, it still makes more then the vette lol.
Just like the 6.4 Challenger does. And it runs mid 11s just like the C7 right ?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #21
saunupe1911

I'd imagine that is what the guys who bought the 2010's had to deal with. They got the new bodystyle, but the old motor with the new 5.0 coming out less than a year later. The guys who got out of their 2010's took a serious hit because the value of their 10's absolutely tanked cuz no one wanted them.
Good point sir. I just commented about that on C&D. 2017 will be the year to upgrade after the power bumps and Cuda/Camaro releases. They won't be fooling me!!!
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #22
re-rx7
Banned

-Alex
Did you stop to think about how much the challenger weighs? The mustang will probally weigh a few hundred lbs more not 900lbs like the challenger.Slowgrey is right. 2+2 vs 2 seater pretty much apple to oranges.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #23
saunupe1911

-Alex
It will only be 100 to 200 lbs lighter. Those other numbers are exaggerations to build hype. Lets be realistic. Our cars can get 0-60 in 4.3 to 4.5s in perfect conditions. So a 450 HP, IRS, lighter Stang running with a base Vette (none Z51 package) is not far fetched by any means.

Last edited by saunupe1911; 10-28-2013 at 11:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #24
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
It will only be 100 to 200 lbs lighter. Those other numbers are exaggerations to build hype. Lets be realistic. Our cars can get 0-60 in 4.3 to 4.5s in perfect conditions. So a 450 HP, IRS, lighter Stand running with a base Vette (none Z51 package) is not far fetched by any means.
C7s are getting to 60 in the same time as current C6Zs. Sub 4 second range and are in the 11s bone stock on stock tires. I'm not saying the Mustang won't be faster, I'm positive it will. I just don't ever recall a Mustang GT ever being as fast as a base Corvette. The rendering of the car in that 360 view is very attractive though.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Old 10-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #25
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Did you stop to think about how much the challenger weighs?
Yes and that's my point. Horsepower alone doesn't determine acceleration .

-Alex

Old 10-28-2013, 11:58 AM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

C7s are getting to 60 in the same time as current C6Zs. Sub 4 second range and are in the 11s bone stock on stock tires. I'm not saying the Mustang won't be faster, I'm positive it will. I just don't ever recall a Mustang GT ever being as fast as a base Corvette. The rendering of the car in that 360 view is very attractive though.

-Alex
This is what I was referring to about comparing the Mustang and the Corvette to one another. There is more to performance than just straight line acceleration which is NOT the Corvette's focus but rather all around performance. While the 0-60 might be close, as soon as a turn comes along the Mustang doesn't hold a candle to the Vette handling and top end performance.

The Mustang is a passenger car with a smaller motor, heavier weight, inferior weight distribution in comparison to a purpose built sports car like the Corvette. However, when you compare the Mustang to it's proper competitors like the Camaro and Challenger it dominates in every way. As I said, it's just not a fair comparison.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:25 PM   #27
Dominic Toretto

This is what I was referring to about comparing the Mustang and the Corvette to one another. There is more to performance than just straight line acceleration which is NOT the Corvette's focus but rather all around performance. While the 0-60 might be close, as soon as a turn comes along the Mustang doesn't hold a candle to the Vette handling and top end performance.

The Mustang is a passenger car with a smaller motor, heavier weight, inferior weight distribution in comparison to a purpose built sports car like the Corvette. However, when you compare the Mustang to it's proper competitors like the Camaro and Challenger it dominates in every way. As I said, it's just not a fair comparison.
True. Either way, that new Mustang is very nice to look at, if those renderings of the 360 view are accurate. Hope it looks close to that image.

-Alex

Old 10-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #28
DirtyD

I was just stating that if the Mustang does in fact shed 200-300 lbs, and has 450 (or more) hp, it would in fact be competition for the C7. Yes they are different cars, built for different purposes, but for them to still be on the same level (in terms of performance stand points) as the C7 is impressive to say the least. Because that leaves no room for GM to make the Camaro comparable, considering it would have to be on basically par with the Vette...
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #29
saunupe1911

I'm more concerned about it's center of gravity more than weight. It needs to be 4 series low to hug the corners. I doubt they take it that far and S550 owners will be swapping out suspensions just like us S197 owners.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #30
Adam

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I was just stating that if the Mustang does in fact shed 200-300 lbs, and has 450 (or more) hp, it would in fact be competition for the C7. Yes they are different cars, built for different purposes, but for them to still be on the same level (in terms of performance stand points) as the C7 is impressive to say the least. Because that leaves no room for GM to make the Camaro comparable, considering it would have to be on basically par with the Vette...
You don't get it....
2013- PW GT, MF street AB, AED tune, jlt cai,Lethal o/r x-pipe, gt500 spoiler, Barton bracket, koni yellows, ground control camber plates,steeda sport springs, whiteline PHB, whiteline sway bars,whiteline brackets, whiteline UCA & LCA, DSS driveshaft.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote