Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #1
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by A302 View Post
I like my 2.3 Roush TVS. It works well. I've gone as fast as 6.74 @ 103. I still have a lot of room to grow with this set up. The Coyote responds well with any blower. The whipple is a nice blower for sure as well as the Paxton.
The Roush units are awesome. Backed by Ford and put through some serious abuse for over 100,000 miles. Very, very dependable blowers.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 02:47 PM   #2
downtime!

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I wouldnt put a P1SC on my car if it were free. Those head units are absolute garbage.
I had one on a 2V car, my '03 GT. It made 475 to the wheels in the end, not bad at all. Very similar results with the 3V car, but we upgraded to the D1 shortly after installing.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I wouldnt put a P1SC on my car if it were free. Those head units are absolute garbage.
I represent this remark. If your going centri I love a paxton
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
I represent this remark. If your going centri I love a paxton
Agreed. Paxton has been around since the early 60's in the performance market. Prochargers kits just aren't thought through very well.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:28 PM   #5
downtime!

Agreed. Paxton has been around since the early 60's in the performance market. Prochargers kits just aren't thought through very well.
Quite a bit longer than that actually. Robert Paxton McCulloch started designing superchargers back in the late 30's. His company kept building them for decades (famous noteables - Studebaker and Shelby, along the way). Granatelli joined the mix in the 60's and stayed with them through the 70's (bought the rights along the way) and finally sold off the supercharger line in '98. The basis for what we currently know as the SN2000 lineup of superchargers from them, can directly trace its lineage back to the SN60 first introduced in 1959. Pretty cool story really. I remember some truly legendary cars at Green Valley back in the day that used dual Paxtons and cross ram intakes on big block Chevy engines. All I could find on Google, but you get the idea -
Old 08-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

That's fucking awesome looking.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #7
Toby

Are you kidding me??!!! You sir have obviously never installed any one of these kits. I have installed almost every brand offered for the new 5.0 and procharger hands down is the easiest to install. Procharger only requires you to cut one item to fit, the Paxton holy shit you have to cut every piece of plastic under the hood. Not to mention every one that has come through the shop the inlet is rubbing the good bad. You don't have that issue with procharger. How long does a belt replacement take on a Paxton? Procharger takes about 5-10 mins... I could go on and on..
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Do you not see the smilie after my comment. I know it's a huge blower. I wouldn't buy it without doing some research first. And without whipple or other shops doing testing on them first. It's not like I'm doing this next week foo.
The problem with the bigger the blowers get, the more power it takes from the motor to turn them. In my opinion the 3.4 is perfect for a street 5.0 and capable of making a ton of power.

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Are you kidding me??!!! You sir have obviously never installed any one of these kits. I have installed almost every brand offered for the new 5.0 and procharger hands down is the easiest to install. Procharger only requires you to cut one item to fit, the Paxton holy shit you have to cut every piece of plastic under the hood. Not to mention every one that has come through the shop the inlet is rubbing the good bad. You don't have that issue with procharger. How long does a belt replacement take on a Paxton? Procharger takes about 5-10 mins... I could go on and on..
There is a reason you turn wrenches for a living because your reading comprehension sucks. lol. j/k

And who cares about having to cut a few easily replacable cheap plastic pieces. That is nothing. Stats are what counts. How many Paxton/Vortech cars are out there running DEEP into the nines with no tuning issues due to shit placement of the CAI/MAF? Tons. How many Prochargers? Practically none because most Procharger cars spend their time in the shop. lol.

Procharger has it down when it comes to the Vettes, not so much in the Mustang.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Toby

Red face

Fucking face palm.......
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:51 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Fucking face palm.......
I wouldn't expect you to say otherwise considering your shop carries Procharger but you personally haven't owned any of the above previously mentioned kits. I can understand why you like the Procharger units because they are a simple/easy install and that is a good thing considering how often they have to go and off cars. The entry level P1SC head unit is garbage. One of their own engineers told me that it's mess with less than stellar quality parts to keep the cost down.

To add to that, look how many Stangs are out there with Vortech/Paxtons with tons of miles on them. How many Procharger units do you ever hear of going 50k-100k miles on them? You don't, because they aren't designed to go that mileage in order to make customers upgrade on purpose. You're lucky to get 15-20k miles out of a Procharger with seals and bearings failing. That comes straight from a Procharger rep/engineer's mouth, so don't give me that facepalm crap. lol.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #11
TrueStreetTim
DFW5.0s Preferred Vendor

it doesn't matter how bad you think something sucks, someone has figured out how to make it fast.
Nice!
TrueStreetTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #12
DirtyD

I don't think these motor will have enough size to them to support the 4.5L. Hell, they just now came out with the 4.5 for the GT500 motor, and we are still waiting for Evo performance to release the numbers on their white GT500

A 4.0 would be the max I'd do on a coyote, 3.4 would be optimal.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:24 PM   #13
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I don't think these motor will have enough size to them to support the 4.5L. Hell, they just now came out with the 4.5 for the GT500 motor, and we are still waiting for Evo performance to release the numbers on their white GT500

A 4.0 would be the max I'd do on a coyote, 3.4 would be optimal.
Nah the coyote is plenty of engine.
Old 08-31-2013, 06:45 PM   #14
DirtyD

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Nah the coyote is plenty of engine.
Dude, the 4.5 is an absolutely huge blower.

I think a heavily built motor like yours would be the only way to make it effective, but if there are cooking issues with 4.0s, then I wonder how the 4.5 would fair.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 06:47 PM   #15
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Dude, the 4.5 is an absolutely huge blower.

I think a heavily built motor like yours would be the only way to make it effective, but if there are cooking issues with 4.0s, then I wonder how the 4.5 would fair.
Do you not see the smilie after my comment. I know it's a huge blower. I wouldn't buy it without doing some research first. And without whipple or other shops doing testing on them first. It's not like I'm doing this next week foo.