Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:48 AM   #16
46Tbird

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Danny, you should post up the how-to for those homemade ramps! I really want to do that but keep forgetting to go look for the thread. I think it was on S197 if I am remembering correctly.
This is sticks-and-stones simple "tech" but I thought it may help someone out there.

It's a PITA to get a jack under most Mustangs, and basically impossible to get a jack under a lowered one. I've had quite a few lowered cars and these ramps are an indispensable tool for the garage. They're safer than those cheap steel ramps that are too narrow for any performance tires and slide all over the driveway or garage floor. I can do almost all my basic maintenance by just driving up onto these, and of course they make it easy to slide a jack under the car to get it higher when needed.

Go to Home Depot and buy a 12' long 2x12. Have them cut it into two 3' sections, two 2' sections, and two 1' sections. They'll cut it for free. Nail them together and voila. Hope this helps.

Old 09-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
Luke

Originally Posted by BlueBolt View Post
46tbird I have the same jack. It's a heavy bitch but it works great.
Same here, I finally retired the 2 other shitty jackets I have
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #18
G-Mann

[QUOTE=46Tbird;50517]This is sticks-and-stones simple "tech" but I thought it may help someone out there.

It's a PITA to get a jack under most Mustangs, and basically impossible to get a jack under a lowered one. I've had quite a few lowered cars and these ramps are an indispensable tool for the garage. They're safer than those cheap steel ramps that are too narrow for any performance tires and slide all over the driveway or garage floor. I can do almost all my basic maintenance by just driving up onto these, and of course they make it easy to slide a jack under the car to get it higher when needed.

Go to Home Depot and buy a 12' long 2x12. Have them cut it into two 3' sections, two 2' sections, and two 1' sections. They'll cut it for free. Nail them together and voila. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. 46T, will be making these soon
Old 10-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #19
Dominic Toretto

Just subscribing. I wasn't aware there was such an issue with jacking these cars up.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
G-Mann

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
I use this at home, along with ramps. It weighs like a thousand pounds but it can
get under a car that is 2" off the ground and the reach it has is incredible, something
like two and a half feet. I lift my '57 Plymouth with it all the time and that car is one inch
off the ground in a few places.

(Harbor Freight low profile jack)
The Harbor Freight at North Richland Hills was out of the 2.5 ton model and are selling the 3 ton version for the coupon price of the 2.5, $74 and change.