Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #16
grabberblue50

got a deal!!! you lucky dog
grabberblue50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #17
grabberblue50

390.00 OUCH for the mgw looks prety awsome though but only 30% shift reduction. so no one here has tried the bartons shifter.

Last edited by grabberblue50; 12-04-2012 at 06:17 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
shocker
I dont see a problem with it. The stock one isnt bad at all. Ive seen lots of comments about aftermarket shifters rattling the interior quite abit in these cars. Rather spend the money elsewhere.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
grabberblue50

ya i keep missing 2nd maybe i am just a shity driver lol. but the throw just seems to long to me i have always changed shifters in every mustang i have ever owned because of missing 2nd and after shifter replacement 2nd gear was no long a problem. i could just buy some headers instead but what good is power if i cant hit 2nd? lol
Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
Slow6

I have the Barton and a buddy has the MGW and driving each car back to back we cant tell a difference in them but either are better than stock. Personally I liked the easy install of the Barton.

No mods just stock. Trust me its slow.
Slow6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #21
DirtyD

OP, it may be costly, but MGW designed that shifter from scratch, with in house R&D on a real car. Almost all the other shifters are just reworked and tweaked stock shifter assemblies.

Trust, the throw may be a little less than you want, but the MGW won't disappoint.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #22
Courtesy Flush

Not sure on rules in linking other forums, but Sid on SVTP did a damn good write up on detail and effort MGW put into their shifter.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #23
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
Not sure on rules in linking other forums, but Sid on SVTP did a damn good write up on detail and effort MGW put into their shifter.
go ahead

2013 Ford Mustang 5.0 6M Brembo 3.73s
HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Midnight11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:06 PM   #24
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by grabberblue50 View Post
ya i keep missing 2nd maybe i am just a shity driver lol. but the throw just seems to long to me i have always changed shifters in every mustang i have ever owned because of missing 2nd and after shifter replacement 2nd gear was no long a problem. i could just buy some headers instead but what good is power if i cant hit 2nd? lol
Lol. I suspect you need some seat time and practice. Its second..straight down. Lol. Make sure you are sitting in a proper position and using the palm of your hand rather than your fingers. The seat should be close enough that when you straighten your leg its flat on the floor and an upright position.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #25
Midnight11
El Presidente

dont listen to steve lol the stock shifter sucks 2nd is a bitch and so is 5th at wot

HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 12-04-2012, 07:56 PM   #26
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
dont listen to steve lol the stock shifter sucks 2nd is a bitch and so is 5th at wot
Yeah, don't listen to me, I've only had 14 Mustangs. haha. This post proves how spoiled you are with these cars. Try driving with a stock Fox or SN95 shifter. These Coyote shifters are fine, you just can't drive. lmao!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #27
Midnight11
El Presidente

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Yeah, don't listen to me, I've only had 14 Mustangs. haha. This post proves how spoiled you are with these cars. Try driving with a stock Fox or SN95 shifter. These Coyote shifters are fine, you just can't drive. lmao!
but ive had more new 5.0s than you

HPP TUNED
HP-enough
4-0 vs Steve
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #28
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Midnight11 View Post
but ive had more new 5.0s than you
Did you really just try to take credit for wrecking a Stang? lol.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #29
DirtyD

I will agree with Nic and say that if you are running your car hard, 2nd does get lost in translation sometimes, even when you actually stare at the shifter and try to slam the stick straight down hard enough to shear the shaft...

However, it has pretty much been proven that it can happen from car to car. Many guys on SVTP that say they are still rocking the complete stock shifter with no lockout issues. I've seen 2nd lockout 3 times. First two were within the first 3000 miles, other was because I didn't exactly shift straight down (the shift gates are so damn tiny)

I believe Steve is allow to be heard on this issue though. I want to learn how to drive a column shift.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #30
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I will agree with Nic and say that if you are running your car hard, 2nd does get lost in translation sometimes, even when you actually stare at the shifter and try to slam the stick straight down hard enough to shear the shaft...

However, it has pretty much been proven that it can happen from car to car. Many guys on SVTP that say they are still rocking the complete stock shifter with no lockout issues. I've seen 2nd lockout 3 times. First two were within the first 3000 miles, other was because I didn't exactly shift straight down (the shift gates are so damn tiny)

I believe Steve is allow to be heard on this issue though. I want to learn how to drive a column shift.
You sunnuvabeech. I was rowing gears and going fast when you were still trying to figure out how to use the brake handle on your Big Wheel bike. lol.

I haven't had a single problem shifting my car at all. If I did, I would ditch the stock shifter with a quickness. We have a MGW in the Mach and it's a great piece of equiptment. I just don't feel the stock shifter in the Coyote warrants the very HIGH cost of the MGW. And as you said, this could vary from car to car. Thankfully I didn't get one of the junky ones.

Now, with some more miles on it, that could change I suppose. But not anytime soon.