Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2013, 03:18 PM   #14
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Were you expecting them to beat the car using less power, technology from the 90s and winter tires?

-Alex
Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
The fact they had to use 305mm tires, a 7.0 liter engine and alot of other stuff speaks highyy of the boss to me.
What re-rv7 said, exactly.

Had Ford spent as much time and development on the Boss on top of the GT as GM did solely on the Z/28 over the SS, the Boss would most likely be able to hang with it damn near to the millisecond. I did read somewhere that GM originally planned to release the Z/28 in 2011, but unforeseen circumstances apparantly came about. Even then, the Z/28 uses an already in production engine, an already in production transmission, and already in production magnetic ride IRS, and new fancy R compound tires, which aren't street legal. So it's not like GM custom built this car, from the design board forward, specifically to race and beat the Boss. I think a lot of people see it as a built from scratch car, with everything made for the car, when it's not.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote