Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Detailing

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #1
bird_dog0347

Default My first time using Zaino

Since I have a new car ('14 SGM GT/CS) and want to protect it right off the bat and I've heard nothing but great things about the Zaino products I decided to give it a shot. I ordered the Z2, the clay bar, the Z6 spray, ZFX, and the wash. The car has been kept really clean since I got it but I knew it needed to be clayed first as I could still feel the contaminates on the clear coat.

So last night around 11:30 I started by washing it with Dawn dish soap and a new mitt. Then once it was as clean as I could get it I used the clay bar on the whole car and then it was SMOOTH as glass. Next I washed it again with Dawn and then dried the whole thing and pulled it in the garage. I then applied the first coat of Z2 with ZFX and buffed it off. Just that one application made it look AMAZING! Then I went over it with the Z6 spray as directed and then another coat of Z2, and another coat of Z6. At this point it was looking perfect and was easy to apply and remove. Next I added a coat of Turtle Wax Ice for long lasting protection since Zaino isn't really a wax despite how it protects. I finally finished around 4:45am and was exhausted but the car looks amazing. I need to try to get some pics of it now but I'm sure it will be impossible to actually capture the depth and wet look with my camera. I also need to find a good picture spot...

Anyways, to summarize, the Zaino products work exactly as described and they are worth the price IMO.

Edit to add quick pic:

Last edited by bird_dog0347; 08-26-2013 at 10:50 AM.
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
GunsUp

Got any pics? I used to use Zaino when I detailed cars for a living. Great stuff.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
bird_dog0347

I added one quick one from this morning, I still need to go do some decent shots of it now.
bird_dog0347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Dan12GT

I love Zaino. It makes a black car look like a Mirror! I'll probably be finishing off paint correcting my passenger side and giving the car another full treatment of Zaino again.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote