Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Members' Area > The Lounge

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 06-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #16
Dan12GT

OP, PM sent.

Funny thing. When I used to do window tinting our tint van we drove around in had a tinted windshield. It was a special kind of tint that allows 75-80% of light through, so you couldn't even really notice. We used this kind of tint specifically for businesses that wanted to cut black harmful UV / heat from coming through their windows but also keep the windows transparent for display purposes.

On our tint van, it actually helped a lot with glare. Visibility was actually better because the tint blocked glare. I WOULD NOT suggest doing anything darker though on your windshield. Its unsafe and highly illegal. Cops will take no time at all to pull you over for this.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #17
jng2985

Curious, but I know the tinted glass on like mercedes is legal. Whats the % of that? fractory makes it legal?
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:31 PM   #18
5PointSlow

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
OP, PM sent.

Funny thing. When I used to do window tinting our tint van we drove around in had a tinted windshield. It was a special kind of tint that allows 75-80% of light through, so you couldn't even really notice. We used this kind of tint specifically for businesses that wanted to cut black harmful UV / heat from coming through their windows but also keep the windows transparent for display purposes.

On our tint van, it actually helped a lot with glare. Visibility was actually better because the tint blocked glare. I WOULD NOT suggest doing anything darker though on your windshield. Its unsafe and highly illegal. Cops will take no time at all to pull you over for this.
Thats pretty much how mine was, when I had my side windows up it looked dark and you couldnt see in the front really but it looked fairly normal when looking out. with the windows down you couldnt even really tell it was tinted.

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
5PointSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #19
re-rx7
Banned

I did a really light 30% on my civic a long time ago and it wasnt noticable until I was in a car w/o it. It makes the Inteior almost black when looking in from the outside.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote