Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #16
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
True.. I forgot it's going to be a mirrorcross. Oh well. Still looking forward to the school on Saturday.

Should I be concerned about rock chips and such on my paint or no?
I'm not worried about your car at all but from what I've seen, you should be worried more about the cones scuffing your paint.

I dunno. I've not been around alot, but Mineral Wells is about like Mesquite or Lone Star Park. i.e. crappy blacktop. The surface is definitely older, but since I've on run it with ER, the course is typically spread out more, and the pain isn't concentrated on a few nasty tight sections that gets ripped up. They seem to run a more balanced setup.

My Rivals definitely throw rocks, and I've got GoPro video there where you can hear the camera getting dinged. You can clearly hear how much more the R-comp guys rattle the inner fenders with their sticky tires throwing rocks.

One of the things on my wishlist for this weekend is to learn how to deal with the differing line of a point and shoot car like ours vs the traditional momentum line the sea of Miatas and etc wears clean. I get confused when the car gets in the pebbles, but I see a hero like Madarash and his TA square things off and not have issues. Clearly I'm doing something wrong, and yes comparing myself to Madarash is a joke. The only way we would compare is if he gave me a 7-8 second headstart. LOL.

Some blue painters tape couldn't hurt, and it won't look ridiculous on your car. I put the 3M defender clear coating on my car behind all 4 wheels. It seems to be doing its thing, but wouldn't hurt me to pull it off and redo. Not before this weekend, but I will reapply soon.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:07 AM   #17
DallasGator

Oh sweet, see y'all at mineral wells! Got a 2014 2.0T ATS, 2003 full bolt on/coils up front cobra, and 135i coming with me for both days. I went once last year (may) to an equipe rapide event at mesquite I believe and I remember another 2013 brembo with what seemed stock everything except yellow shocks. 50 ish year old guy if I am not mistaken. He was running a good 2 seconds ahead of me though. Struggle bus over here.

Also remember a trans am, and what do you know, its the guy you are talking about. Fast times for a TA on a small course.

Last edited by DallasGator; 04-24-2014 at 09:18 AM.
DallasGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #18
DirtyD

I will only be out there Saturday for the school.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 AM   #19
donutninja

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
some vids
make sure to watch in full HD
Looked like a lot of fun! How fast did you get going? One straight looked like you really got to punch it.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #20
03MachMe

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
Looked like a lot of fun! How fast did you get going? One straight looked like you really got to punch it.
Yea got into 3rd on the long straight, Prolly 65 or so

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote