Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:46 PM   #1
JDMLOL

Default For Those Worried About Storm Season

Has anyone seen this: http://youtu.be/WOhQX_en73M

Looks super cool, if it really works.

I may purchase this.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:55 PM   #2
DirtyD

Interesting. I'd like to see it in person though. Seems like a decent idea. But relying on a fan/pump may be it's weak link if that fails.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:39 AM   #3
garner

Watching the video, rebound from some of the big objects was very slow. I could see it flattening out in a full on softball size hail storm , leaving the hail free to dent the car
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:00 AM   #4
Crimson600+HP

The softball sized is an exaggeration/worse case scenario. Doubt it would actually happen. Cool, innovative idea though...nap but I think a carport would be a much better investment if your in a house. Or pay for a covered spot/garage for the apartment dwellers if you're that worried about hail.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:01 AM   #5
STROKD
Old School

looks better than nothing, I may get one for my hatch when it finally comes home, it has hail damage anyway, but it will be harder to steal the car with that thing around it. lmao
Old 04-23-2014, 01:02 AM   #6
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
The softball sized is an exaggeration/worse case scenario. Doubt it would actually happen. Cool, innovative idea though...nap but I think a carport would be a much better investment if your in a house. Or pay for a covered spot/garage for the apartment dwellers if you're that worried about hail.
A car port is about 8 grand, Ive looked into it.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:45 AM   #7
garner

Maybe for brick and mortar. Can get the classic metal ones from Home Depot for like $3k
garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:47 AM   #8
donutninja

I like the concept and I bet t works fairly well in a decent sized hail storm. I'm new to Tecas storm season and am paranoid about hail after the stories I've heard so I pay the xtra $100/mo for an attached garage at my apartment.

Last edited by donutninja; 04-23-2014 at 08:52 AM.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #9
brtnstrns

Originally Posted by donutninja View Post
I like the concept and I bet t works fairly well in a decent sized hail storm. I'm new to Tecas storm season and am paranoid about hail after the stories I've heard so I pay the xtra $100/mo for an attached garage at my apartment.
Very very good idea. Lucky you weren't around ~two years ago when hail absolutely obliterated Coppell. I was across 121 in Lewisville and my Mustang got hit pretty hard by the hail, but Coppell had brand new luxury cars that got totaled from hail damage (was told by my claims guy).

03 DSG Mach 1

Stroked/Forged, Heads, Cams, Long Runner Intake, Built Cobra IRS, Cobra Fuel System
brtnstrns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 10:56 AM   #10
Crimson600+HP

Dang, $100 a month for a garage? That is expensive, the couple places I have been covered parking was only like $30 a month and you had a designated spot.

I think it is a cool idea, but I see a convience thing as the issue with me because I am lazy. I know for sure if it is raining I am not going to run outside and put that over my car just in case. It's like having a car cover, after a while it gets old to keep taking it on and off.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Old 04-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #11
Courtesy Flush

There's like 2 apartment complexes in Coppell i know of, for that price im guessing you're at Regency by the Lake apartments.

Originally Posted by brtnstrns View Post
Very very good idea. Lucky you weren't around ~two years ago when hail absolutely obliterated Coppell. I was across 121 in Lewisville and my Mustang got hit pretty hard by the hail, but Coppell had brand new luxury cars that got totaled from hail damage (was told by my claims guy).
I was in Coppell during those storms. Sat in my office off 121 & Canyon while i watched my 2 week old car get pelted.

Dang, $100 a month for a garage? That is expensive, the couple places I have been covered parking was only like $30 a month and you had a designated spot.
Its the area. Even restaurants and fast food is priced gouged.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #12
DirtyD

I pay $65/month for my little 10x10x20 garage
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:16 PM   #13
STROKD
Old School

Originally Posted by garner View Post
Maybe for brick and mortar. Can get the classic metal ones from Home Depot for like $3k
Lmao, um I dont live anywhere that would allow that. I have strict HOAs the car port would have to match my house, just like my deck cover does.

Besides if it didnt, my home value would drop about 30 k with that ugly shit behind my house lol
Old 04-23-2014, 03:10 PM   #14
donutninja

Covered is only $25/month but I have one the few apartments with an actual attached garage.

Originally Posted by Courtesy Flush View Post
There's like 2 apartment complexes in Coppell i know of, for that price im guessing you're at Regency by the Lake apartments
St. Marin, it's barely in Coppell. Haha

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
I pay $65/month for my little 10x10x20 garage
Yeah, I think mine is roughly that size.
donutninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #15
Crimson600+HP

This is why I will try my best to avoid large cities. I have a full sized 2 car garage that just houses my Mustang. My truck can't fit and I refuse to let my roommate park his Gen5 Camaro SS in the garage until he has more power (or he cleans out his side so a car could fit).
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7