Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Interior/Exterior

Interior/Exterior Post new mods or questions about the inside or outside of your mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #16
Clrd2lnd

Does the IPAD GPS and map/terrain data work without being connected to a cell or Wi-Fi connection? If so then my bad. I assumed that tablets would not download info and maps without being supported by telecommunications. I'll try my Wi-Fi only ipad tonight to see if it does; could've sworn it did not when I've tried in the past.
Clrd2lnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #17
Reaper

Originally Posted by Clrd2lnd View Post
Does the IPAD GPS and map/terrain data work without being connected to a cell or Wi-Fi connection? If so then my bad. I assumed that tablets would not download info and maps without being supported by telecommunications. I'll try my Wi-Fi only ipad tonight to see if it does; could've sworn it did not when I've tried in the past.
Let me try to explain it better. You have to buy the iPad mini that comes with LTE. It comes with a gps chip for your position in it not in wifi only models. Download an app that loads all their data for offline use (garmin for example). Then presto! Free navigation.
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black

Last edited by Reaper; 11-18-2014 at 04:28 PM.
Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #18
Clrd2lnd

I took my old cell phone out of the desk drawer, turned on the gps and tried to get a map to load without cell service and it would not. This was a Samsung s3.
Clrd2lnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #19
Reaper

Originally Posted by Clrd2lnd View Post
I took my old cell phone out of the desk drawer, turned on the gps and tried to get a map to load without cell service and it would not. This was a Samsung s3.
Im talking about the iPad otherwise you're on ur own. lol
Recaros, JLT CAI, LP H-pipe, Corsa quad exhaust w/ GT500 valence, Lund tune, Eibach sportline springs, Koni yellows, BMR red panhard bar and LCAs, MGW shifter, RTR 19X9.5 wheels, Billet upper grill, Roush high flow lower grill, Cervini stalker spoiler, tint all around wrapped in matte black
Old 11-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #20
Monolith

What he says is true...but to make it even better...you do not need to get the Garmin or TomTom apps...the IPad maps work just as good...the maps are preloaded and it uses trace wifi connections (does not need to connect to them just triangulate using them) to determine your location and fine tune the AGPS location.

Read up here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
Monolith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:21 PM   #21
Reaper

Originally Posted by Monolith View Post
What he says is true...but to make it even better...you do not need to get the Garmin or TomTom apps...the IPad maps work just as good...the maps are preloaded and it uses trace wifi connections (does not need to connect to them just triangulate using them) to determine your location and fine tune the AGPS location.

Read up here:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
^^^^
Old 12-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #22
NAVAG

Thinking about going with this set up or something similiar...If you are willing to spend $700 bucks on AM Raxiom a couple hundred more gets you this. Not only will this also retain steering wheel buttons and voice command but iDatalink + Kenwood gives you a bunch more options, no extra sat antenna, "My Mustang" App and gauge screen that shows things like A/F Ratio, CAI Temp, etc. Plus you can customize your boot screen and backgrounds. I think iDatalink works with Alpine and a couple others too.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_794ADSM...ce-Module.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_794KITM...iring-Kit.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_613DNX8...0HD.html?cc=01

Only reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on this yet is freakin' holiday shopping. Maybe next month...
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH

Last edited by NAVAG; 12-07-2014 at 11:41 AM.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #23
NAVAG

Oh and if you order a head unit from Crutchfield you get half off the accessories so the right head unit will make it close to the same price.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote