Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:45 AM   #1
Dubnium

Default Mustang exhaust system.

Just bought a Used deep impact blue 5.0 MT 2013...

Found out the car had a kooks axel back on it..the mid pipe seems to be stock..not polish or anything.. I know for a fact I will going for the cat-less route but my question is about the Mid pipe. Is it good enough from Factory or should I have that changed out also? design and size seems good imho; does not look restrictive... then again I wouldn't know what a stock mid- H- cat pieces look like. Please If this is a repost, guide me to it.. Didn't find anything on search.
Dubnium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:51 AM   #2
Zeek

Get a offroad x or h pipe
Zeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Selcouth

Welcome. Make a thread in the intro section with pics of your car.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dubnium View Post
Just bought a Used deep impact blue 5.0 MT 2013...

Found out the car had a kooks axel back on it..the mid pipe seems to be stock..not polish or anything.. I know for a fact I will going for the cat-less route but my question is about the Mid pipe. Is it good enough from Factory or should I have that changed out also? design and size seems good imho; does not look restrictive... then again I wouldn't know what a stock mid- H- cat pieces look like. Please If this is a repost, guide me to it.. Didn't find anything on search.
First, welcome to DFW50s.com. The next time you log on, please make an intro thread with your name, where you are from, how you heard about us and a pic of your car.

As far as your question is concern, yes you will see a great gain in performance with switching to a offroad x or h pipe on your car. This will also require a hand held programmer such as ones offered from SCT or Diablosport, and will also require a tune. Most people (and tuners for that matter) heavily lean towards SCT programmers. There is tons of tuners to choose from and opinions will greatly vary on personal experience from online email tunes from Jon Lund or AED to great local tuners such as our board sponsor TrueStreet Motorsports in McKinney. I personally suggest going with TrueStreet for your tune.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
fordplay

Welcome... I'm going cat-less also as soon as I get a set of gt500 mufflers.. but I am keeping the stock H mid pipe, multiple tests on dynos show 3 HP average more for the X pipe but I will leave that on the table for the sound the H pipe provide. (X pipe is more European raspy) some people like that, I like the boat under water exhaust sound.. so stock mids will remove 3-5 HP over aftermarket IF you just remove the cats , what's the cheapest mid pipe? $230.00? Nah... as for tune... I like bama however... gear headz does good stuff and I don't know the other local tuners but I believe in supporting local ...
fordplay is offline   Reply With Quote