Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Sponsors and Vendors > Vorshlag Motorsports

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Fair

Default DFW5.0 - now with 100% more Vorshlag!

Some of you may have heard of our company Vorshlag Motorsports, but I'm sure many of you haven't. We are not the typical "Mustang Speed Shop" but we do make parts for and race prep a lot of Mustangs. Let me quickly give the nickel tour of Vorshlag and a brief overview of our company's history. (also see our "About Us" page)

Vorshlag.com was created in 2001, Vorshlag Motorsports was officially formed in 2005, and we became Vorshlag LLC in 2009. The company is owned and managed by Terry (me) and Amy Fair and is based in Plano, TX. Starting in 2011 Vorshlag opened our installation facility to go along with our existing manufacturing and order processing. Our lobby and offices are as clean as our shop. There's always something cool up on the walls in the front or up on a lift in the back, and it changes regularly.

Personally I began racing in 1987, with many thousands of trips down the 1320' in various V8 pony cars, and began autocrossing and time trial/road course events in college in 1988 (TAMU). I have raced in hundreds of cars over the past 25 years but most of my own have been Mustangs, Camaros, Corvettes and BMWs (with the Bimmers mostly equipped with LS1 V8s). Recently my race schedule has included SCCA autocross, NASA Time Trial, LeMons endurance racing, karting enduros, Global Time Attack, and Optima Challenge events. My wife races almost as much as I do; she is a multi-time SCCA National Champion autocrosser and has her NASA comp license and runs NASA Time Trial, too.

Vorshlag is primarily focused on the development and manufacturer of suspension products, which we sell through our online website as well as our extensive dealer network of repair, service and motorsports related shops. Vorshlag also resells select automotive products from other manufacturers, in areas we do not otherwise cover, mostly covering suspension, brakes, wheels, tires and chassis upgrades. Vorshlag began importing AST shocks in 2006 and as of 2013 we are a dealer for AST, Moton, MCS and Bilstein Motorsport shocks (See more at our "Shock Page").

We have been called "shock snobs", and after many years of racing and testing on various shock brands, I guess that is accurate. Because of what we have found testing we don't use or sell twin tube shocks, or any shocks made in a far east sweat shop by people who have never even seen the car they are building for. If it isn't a monotube shock that is US, Dutch or German based, we've found that other dampers tend to not be... good. We've sold thousands of shocks over the years and we continuously help develop new fitments with the 4 shock companies we work with. We even fabricate new shocks and struts in-house, when the application isn't covered by anyone else. Our fabricators are excellent and we have the shock building know how in-house to make custom dampers that ride well and work on track.

One of our main Vorshlag products are our spherical top mounts; for strut equipped cars these are called "adjustable camber plates". We make dozens of models to fit many modern McPherson strut equipped cars like the S197 Mustang, as well as spherical shock top mounts for non-strut cars. Our camber plates are known the world over as the best of the best and are used on tens of thousands of race cars and dual-purpose street/track cars. Our unique design is extremely robust and we commonly hear from our customers that have reached 100K trouble-free miles on our plates.

We are also known for putting LS1 V8 engines into BMW chassis, which we started back in 2002. We sell dozens of the E36 (see here) and E46 (recently released parts here) BMW LS1 swap kits each year. We also construct turn-key street and race cars with LS1 swaps and have built BMW E30, Z3, E36 and E46 swaps, and a Miata swap is underway in our shop right now.

Vorshlag's staff is small (8 of us) but growing and is made up of engineers, technicians, fabricators and other gear heads. We have worked on all manner of race and street cars, and we specialize in suspension development/installation, custom fabrication for chassis and exhaust, race prep and most kinds of service work. Corner balancing, chassis set-up, tire mounting/balancing, race alignments, and HPDE tech inspections. Our technicians have racing experience supporting Grand Am, World Challenge, Vintage racing, Bonneville, Pikes Peak, WRC rally and more. There are 5-10 S197 Mustang 5.0s in our shop every week but we also work on Corvettes, BMWs, Subarus, Minis, EVOs, Miatas and other sports and "sporty" cars. We have prepped cars for Pikes Peak, American Iron/CMC, and other forms of motorsport in our shop.

You will see Vorshlag at 30-35 race events per year, including road course events, autocross events, rallycross events, and hill climbs, among others. We are at ECR almost every other week and have raced at every road course in Texas, and hold NASA track records at almost all of them. We don't do paint work or build show cars - we build race cars. If you have a street car you want to take to a road course or autocross event, we are your go-to shop for parts and prep. And if you haven't noticed, we tend to include a lot of pictures and videos in our posts.

Almost every picture I post on the forums can be clicked for a higher rez image. Why? Well I have been doing internet forum posts since the 1990s and always believe that "a picture says a thousand words". So we share lots of tech - filled with images and videos to help to do that. We have a badass photographer on staff, too.

Anyway, that's my nickel tour. Feel free to stop by our shop for a real tour - I'll gladly show you around. We're currently open Mon-Friday 9-6, but will be adding Saturday hours soon. A map to our shop is here, but if you know Plano, we are across highway 75 from the Cinemark Legacy theater, just north of Legacy road off of Ave K.

Thanks,

Last edited by Fair; 08-16-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
BlueBolt

Great to have y'all on board.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
JDMLOL

Welcome. I will have to check you guys out when I'm ready for suspension parts!

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
Old 08-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
DirtyD

I want to definitely stop by the shop, and possibly talk to some of your engineers too, just to see they types of things they work with design wise.

But.....do I want to stop by before or after I win the lottery?

Welcome aboard, Terry!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:34 PM   #5
Oxford14Stang

Welcome! Shop/work looks great!

Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
downtime!

Welcome on board!
Old 08-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
JPC

If you are interested in tracking your Mustang, Terry Fair and the whole Vorshlag team are experts. I meet Terry over a year ago and Vorshlag is the place I go to make my 2012 Mustang Boss 302 even faster on the track (IE: Eagles Canyon Raceway)

Just ask Terry how many track records he has in his street legal 2011 Red Mustang...
Old 08-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #8
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Welcome, nice to have you here.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Old 08-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
03MachMe

Welcome. Glad to have you guys here, and tell Brandon to actually do some work.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 08-16-2013, 05:34 PM   #10
Fair

Originally Posted by JPC View Post
If you are interested in tracking your Mustang, Terry Fair and the whole Vorshlag team are experts. I meet Terry over a year ago and Vorshlag is the place I go to make my 2012 Mustang Boss 302 even faster on the track (IE: Eagles Canyon Raceway)

Just ask Terry how many track records he has in his street legal 2011 Red Mustang...
Aww shucks.... thanks. I'm not really counting the track records (LIE!) but we are up to 6 this year in NASA TT3, and have already wrapped up the regional TT3 championship with 2 more race weekends left on the calendar.

Our TT3 Mustang above is also my wife's street car. We swap the wheels and the trunk lid for street versions and she drives it to work. Still has NAV, stereo, A/C, full interior, emissions, is relatively quiet and it even rides fairly well. Of course we're always pushing the limits of what she will let us get away with on her street car.

The dual-purpose street/track car build is our specialty. We've helped a lot of folks beef up their brakes and firm up the handling in the S197 Mustangs. Again, we're not the typical "Mustang speed shop" but we sure do work on these cars a lot...
Old 08-16-2013, 07:20 PM   #11
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Welcome! I need suspension stuff so I can kick Ryan's ass around the autocross!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 PM   #12
03MachMe

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Welcome! I need suspension stuff so I can kick Ryan's ass around the autocross!
Keep dreaming son.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
Old 08-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #13
Rebelracer568

Im wanting to get some brake ducting from ya'll sent yall a email today requesting price. I have so many question on what to do to these car for road course. Mainly with struts vs coilovers on a budget
Old 08-17-2013, 06:24 AM   #14
5PointSlow

Welcome man! Ill prob swing by sometime in Sept/Oct when I am home on RnR. Need to let you talk me into spending money lol

SOLD!
2012 Kona Blue GT Premium
Roush TVS/JLT Big Air
Stainless Works Long Tubes and catted X.
Magnaflow Competition Catback
AED Tuned
***Driver Mod***
10.88@134 on street tires
Old 08-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #15
Vorshlag-Brandon

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
Welcome. Glad to have you guys here, and tell Brandon to actually do some work.

Just because I enjoy it doesn't mean it isn't work. haha.