Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > Performance

Performance Post anything performance related to your Mustang

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #1
toomnymods

Default Anyone here tuned thru AED?

I'm wanting to get rid of my bama tune and go ahead and get the tuning thru AED. Who uses him here and where can I find good 93 octane gas in south arlington?
Thanks

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #2
DirtyD

Make the switch, and you will be happy.

As for good gas, you will get a ton of different answers and opinions on that.

I've been meaning to do some datalogging on Kroger gas to see if the timing I was pulling on Shell 93 goes away.

Some people will say that QT, Exxon, and Chevron will have the best gas, other will say bullshit, etc. So it's hard to say.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Brent Yager (yagermister) used or still uses AED. I would PM him if you want info on it. And the best gas is E85.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:04 AM   #4
Yagermeister

I've used Bama for awhile and they weren't bad. A little more hp, more pep, and great customer service.

I've used AED for awhile longer than I did Bama. A lot more hp and pep over Bama, and great customer service.

If you change things on your car frequently or need to tune your car for different temperatures, track conditions, etc tune it yourself like I currently do with the SCT ProRacer Package. When I started tuning my car myself I used a VMP base tune and it was ok but with all the engine changes and trans tuning I needed, I have had to change every single parameter VMP provided to something else.

Don Yaxley, Johnathan Kelley, and Eric Wood like VMP and have had success also.

Many of the members here also use Kevin Dunn (04sleeper) here locally. He tunes on the side from his normal job and is not a shop. He does a phenomenal job and the great thing is that he is local!

Last edited by Yagermeister; 12-09-2013 at 11:07 AM.
Yagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
rriddle3

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
...And the best gas is E85.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
If you don't know the joke then don't respond.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
rriddle3

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
If you don't know the joke then don't respond.
I do know the joke, thank you. That's why I responded like I did.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #8
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
I've used Bama for awhile and they weren't bad. A little more hp, more pep, and great customer service.

I've used AED for awhile longer than I did Bama. A lot more hp and pep over Bama, and great customer service.

If you change things on your car frequently or need to tune your car for different temperatures, track conditions, etc tune it yourself like I currently do with the SCT ProRacer Package. When I started tuning my car myself I used a VMP base tune and it was ok but with all the engine changes and trans tuning I needed, I have had to change every single parameter VMP provided to something else.

Don Yaxley, Johnathan Kelley, and Eric Wood like VMP and have had success also.

Many of the members here also use Kevin Dunn (04sleeper) here locally. He tunes on the side from his normal job and is not a shop. He does a phenomenal job and the great thing is that he is local!
I'm going to join the VMP list soon. I know his tunes take awhile to get to me, so we will see once I get it.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #9
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
I do know the joke, thank you. That's why I responded like I did.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:48 AM   #10
JDBishopArts

Get DUNN TUNED.
JDBishopArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #11
jng2985

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
I'm wanting to get rid of my bama tune and go ahead and get the tuning thru AED. Who uses him here and where can I find good 93 octane gas in south arlington?
Thanks
Jersyjoe on here just loaded a aed tune, we did a few runs and he now walks all over me "I'm stock tune".
jng2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #12
toomnymods

So what's so bad about E-85? I've read it has very similar octane to using methanol injection, but safer but requires a ton more fuel.

2014 Sterling Gray Gt 3.73's, MT82 Trans, Brembo pkg, JLT Carbon fiber CAI, AED E85 Race Tune, ARH Longtubes /w O/R X pipe, Borla Stinger Catback, DSS Alum Driveshaft, Bob's Autosports Oil Seperator, BMR drop springs, K Member, A-Arms, LCA, UCA, UCA mount, Panhard, Panhard brace, LCA Relocation brackets, Viking Dbl adj shocks, Strange Adj struts, MGW short throw shifter
toomnymods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
DirtyD

Originally Posted by toomnymods View Post
So what's so bad about E-85? I've read it has very similar octane to using methanol injection, but safer but requires a ton more fuel.
It's a joke.

E85 will require about 30% more fuel than normal E10 gas. On a N/A application, E85 is going to do more for protecting the engine than it will to give you additional power. The big power boost won't come until you go boosted.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:23 PM   #14
pohnjarker

I have AED, NA and FI...both great tunes and customer service is 10 times better than BAMA at least and so are the tunes...IMO.

hard to tell on the gas, it seems there are bad batches with everyone at some point. i personally use Brookshires so whoever they get theirs from.

if you throw a couple gallons of race gas in there for logging...will that help in case of a bad batch??
Old 12-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Get DUNN TUNED.
This.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote