Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #1
ProCharge5.0

Default Inspection Help

Anyone know of a shop in fort worth that will not give me shit about no cats on my car? I don't know if it will pass with my tune but I guess I will try it. If the car is running you can smell it. Hard to hide that it doesn't. I may put cats back on it anyway but don't want to get pulled over because my inspection is out.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
DirtyD

Default Inspection Help

Maybe try Taylor's Inspection off Cooper in Arlington?
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
ProCharge5.0

It failed. A bunch of things show not ready when they plugged it in. It's in the tune. I'm wanting to put cats on it anyway
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
JDMLOL

Default Re: Inspection Help

Do tunes keep readiness monitors from passing or do you have a CEL? I haven't used a tuner before so I dont know. Two things: if the tune keeps the cel off but still wont pass the emissions system readiness test, maybe try o2 spacers for a catless setup to pass the monitor. It fixed my cel light and emissions system readiness issue on one of my previous cars with a test pipe. As far as I know texas inspections only plug in to the computer on obd2 vehicles and no visual underneath. Also you can pass with up to ONE failed readiness test at a legitimate inspection facility. If that's not your issue I know a place out in rendon that should do it.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
ProCharge5.0

My tuner made some adjustments and I'll try again in a few days.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Luke

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Do tunes keep readiness monitors from passing or do you have a CEL? I haven't used a tuner before so I dont know. Two things: if the tune keeps the cel off but still wont pass the emissions system readiness test, maybe try o2 spacers for a catless setup to pass the monitor. It fixed my cel light and emissions system readiness issue on one of my previous cars with a test pipe. As far as I know texas inspections only plug in to the computer on obd2 vehicles and no visual underneath. Also you can pass with up to ONE failed readiness test at a legitimate inspection facility. If that's not your issue I know a place out in rendon that should do it.
They do plug in but a visual inspection is supposed to be done, among other things. Also, I'd keep any hookups on inspections private in pm's, even the location. Inspectors are risking a lot and obviously if you know about one, you are usually using them too, would suck to lose that perk.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Luke

Originally Posted by ProCharge5.0 View Post
My tuner made some adjustments and I'll try again in a few days.
Not sure if they told you but if you failed and still paid you have 14 days (I think) to get it reinspected free of charge.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:18 PM   #8
STROKD
Old School

Both my Vettes passed the odb2 scan without cats. work on the tune up, it should be able to pass if they dont look for them. I think there can only be 2 sensors that arent ready, to pass.