Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 10-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #16
46Tbird

Originally Posted by BERT View Post
Matt, if I'm going to be there Friday night, you need to bring your ass out so I can finally meet the almighty STROKD

I met him a long time ago, back when he drove a cool car.
Old 10-01-2014, 03:42 PM   #17
BERT
I love tube socks

Originally Posted by 46tbird View Post
i met him a long time ago, back when he drove a cool car.

lol
BERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Damn, somebody got called out hard.

Matt, if I'm going to be there Friday night, you need to bring your ass out so I can finally meet the almighty STROKD
I try to get him to all the time. He's ready to go out on Wednesday, but Friday he's like....meh, battery is dead and I dont' feel like dickin with it. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 03:56 PM   #19
Grandpa
I> /\/\

lol
Matt still has one of the cleanest fox vert's in the country. Blown stroker, a full GR40 Griggs suspension and a badass stereo. It needs some work on the stereo and he's just not motivated to work on it. I've tried just about every day to get him motivated. He's good people, just lazy. lol.

Danny on the other hand, has never been anything but a jerk to me.
Old 10-01-2014, 04:50 PM   #20
46Tbird

oh really

Originally Posted by Steve
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
Originally Posted by Steve
Hey, I was wondering what is your suspension setup on your car? I started a search for it cuz I'm sure I saw it somewhere but it's buried under tons of BS I think. Haha.

I think your car sits perfectly on the 20's and I'm curious how you achieved your stance. (If you don't mind sharing that info with me) I watched you drive off leaving the meet and you car looks amazing rolling filling the fenderwells just right.

Thanks,

-steve.
LOL, thanks. Eibach Sportlines and a UPR adjustable panhard rod to center the rear end. That's it. Ater 13k miles, the shocks and struts on mine are shot, so I'll be replacing them later this month.

You'll want... no, NEED... to get some better shocks/struts when you do the springs. The '11-12 upper strut mounts are absolute trash, so get some quality aftermarket '05-10 caster/camber plates or at least some beefier '07-10 GT500 upper strut mounts. This will require that you get '05-10 struts, but they work fine, and they are easier to find too.

Sam Strano is well-known for autocross and road race suspension parts for a lot of different cars. He has a SICK deal for S197 Konis right now, take a look at his site. http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=64&ModelID=5

PS, he hates Sportlines. I would suggest Steeda Ultralites, I may get a set of them when I do the shocks/struts on my car.

Later-
Danny
Cool deal, I will look into that. Any idea how the ride quality will be that setup? I'm kinda enjoying the nice smooth ride at the moment, it's nice not to be getting the harsh ride for a change. I know I'm getting old when I'm enjoying the quiet cabin ride, smooth ride and the quiet exhaust. lol. A friend of mine showed me how to remove the foam inserts from the cabin hose to allow the motor noise in the cabin. It sounded cool, but it interfered with the Sync at times and with the addition of his loud exhaust, it seemed more like a foxbody after doing all of that which I definetly do not want anymore.

Thanks for your help.

-steve
Old 10-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #21
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
Nearly? It killed your car guy spirit. You're home jerking off, playing with kittens and just trying to piss off your neighbors with that ridiculous stereo!
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:01 PM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
LOL, nah, I talk to him almost every day. He'll laugh at it too. I goof on him about his weird cat thing all the time.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:52 PM   #23
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
It's been said that every man needs 3 women in his life:

An English housekeeper, an American cook, and a Japanese wife.

Sadly, the best that most of us can get is a Japanese housekeeper, an English cook, and an American wife.

What about a Chinese wife that does all three? Lol.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:33 PM   #24
rriddle3

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
What about a Chinese wife that does all three? Lol.
Then you're gonna have to quit farting around and get that done.
2012 GT Automatic, Kona Blue w/Stone interior
The usual exhaust mods, JLT CAI, Brenspeed tune, BMR LCAs
rriddle3 is offline   Reply With Quote