Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 11-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #1
saunupe1911

Default 2016 GT350 revealed. And its everything we've wanted!

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/201...-and-info-news

Check it out fellas but here's a quick rundown

flat plane V8 that pushing beyond 500 HP. Ford said it's the most powerful NA V8 they have ever produced

fully adjustable Magnetic shocks!!!!!! Nuff said

Bodywork is all about Aero first with lightweight carbon parts

Nice creature comfort features like optional leather and dual climate

Tremec 6 Speed!!!!!

10.5 front wheels and 11 inch back with 15.5 6 piston front and 15 inch 4 piston rear brakes. Yes!!!!

This should be around $50k since they confirmed that they are still creating a GT500.

I know some of yall hate the looks. But give props on these specs. This thing has shit that we have been begging for in a Stang
saunupe1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
03MachMe

I love it. I am also a fan of the new body so that helps.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
386rwhp/383rwtq
03MachMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:15 PM   #3
stng5pnt8

I don't care for the placement & spacing of the stripes for that matter... but I do like the design.
stng5pnt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

I'm on the fence. That is one expensive Mustang. Minimum $50k, plus ADM and interest. Yeesh. $70-80k for a Mustang is hard to swallow, especially when there are so many cars out there that will perform circles around a 500hp Stang. It's understandable if you a bleed Ford blue, diehard Mustang guy, but if you are about getting the most performance for your money regardless of make/model, there are better options out there.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:11 PM   #5
Courtesy Flush

looks cool, sounds expensive. In the end, im still driving a mustang.
Courtesy Flush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 02:57 PM   #6
TEK302

If it is 50k, I will trade my boss in or sell it and throw that down as a down payment.
Competition Orange Boss 302 #1769
Recaro and Torsen Package - AED Tuned - BFR Shifter Bracket - SR Clutch Line - Roush Axleback - Open Side Pipes - Airaid CAI - 47#INJ - E85 - MRT O/R H - FRPP Boss Springs - BMR LCAs - Roush UCA - BMR Panhard Bar - Steeda Shifter - Exedy STG 3 Clutch/Flywheel - Shelby Clutch Reservoir - 84mm Ported TB
TEK302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #7
saunupe1911

Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
I'm on the fence. That is one expensive Mustang. Minimum $50k, plus ADM and interest. Yeesh. $70-80k for a Mustang is hard to swallow, especially when there are so many cars out there that will perform circles around a 500hp Stang. It's understandable if you a bleed Ford blue, diehard Mustang guy, but if you are about getting the most performance for your money regardless of make/model, there are better options out there.
This thing will be around $50-55k which puts it perfectly in between a GT and GT500. It's a bargain at that price point. And that's fact. There's nothing else on the market that I would rather have with those specs, 4 seats, and that price point

Last edited by saunupe1911; 11-17-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:20 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
This thing will be around $50-55k which puts it perfectly in between a GT and GT500. It's a bargain at that price point. And that's fact. There's nothing else on the market that I would rather have with those specs, 4 seats, and that price point
It might be a year from release if there is any left. But not at first. I'm guessing it will be 55-60k plus a 10-20k ADM depending on the dealership. Add taxes and interest and that car is much more expensive than you think it is. Even IF you find a dealership doing no ADM, 60k plus taxes and interest is still very expensive for a 500hp car.

I mean, it's cool and all if you are a diehard Mustang or nothing guy. But if you are looking for the most performance for your dollar the GT350 isn't the most return for your money you can find.

But like everything, it's all hype. People want the latest and greatest thing. Before this it was the Hellcat, give it a few more months and the next thing will come along.

What matters is if you think the GT350 is worth it to you for that amount of money, go for it. To me, it's WAY too much money for a Mustang. If you get one, pencil me in for a race, can't wait to smoke one.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #9
saunupe1911

It might be a year from release if there is any left. But not at first. I'm guessing it will be 55-60k plus a 10-20k ADM depending on the dealership. Add taxes and interest and that car is much more expensive than you think it is. Even IF you find a dealership doing no ADM, 60k plus taxes and interest is still very expensive for a 500hp car.

I mean, it's cool and all if you are a diehard Mustang or nothing guy. But if you are looking for the most performance for your dollar the GT350 isn't the most return for your money you can find.

But like everything, it's all hype. People want the latest and greatest thing. Before this it was the Hellcat, give it a few more months and the next thing will come along.

What matters is if you think the GT350 is worth it to you for that amount of money, go for it. To me, it's WAY too much money for a Mustang. If you get one, pencil me in for a race, can't wait to smoke one.
That whole "I aint paying that much for a Mustang" line has gotten old. They aren't the same machines as back in the day. They have become world class vehicles in certain aspects. My purchase will be within late 2016 early 2017. Everything will be on the market for at least a yr and that markup should be gone for most performance cars.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:38 PM   #10
Grandpa
I> /\/\

That whole "I aint paying that much for a Mustang" line has gotten old. They aren't the same machines as back in the day. They have become world class vehicles in certain aspects. My purchase will be within late 2016 early 2017. Everything will be on the market for at least a yr and that markup should be gone for most performance cars.
World class....lmfao.

Well, if that's what you want, more power to ya. Late 2016 - early 17 a lot can and will happen between now and then. At least that will give you time to see what issues these cars will have as all first year run cars do. Should be interesting to see what they can do once the hype dies down.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
saunupe1911

World class....lmfao.

Well, if that's what you want, more power to ya. Late 2016 - early 17 a lot can and will happen between now and then. At least that will give you time to see what issues these cars will have as all first year run cars do. Should be interesting to see what they can do once the hype dies down.
Yep the cards will be on the table from almost every manufacturer. But seriously forget the mustang brand and just take a look at the specs from the new interior, exterior, and potential performance at that $50 - $55k price point. There's nothing that can come close this. This thing can't come anywhere near $60k moderately equipped. Hopefully Ford realizes this .
Old 11-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #12
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Yep the cards will be on the table from almost every manufacturer. But seriously forget the mustang brand and just take a look at the specs from the new interior, exterior, and potential performance at that $50 - $55k price point. There's nothing that can come close this. This thing can't come anywhere near $60k moderately equipped. Hopefully Ford realizes this .
I'll reserve that judgment for when they are in actual owners hands to see how they perform rather than the paid advertisements of the magazine article writers. Very rarely do the performance data of the journalists and the actual owners match.

New for new, your statement might have some truth to it. However, most performance enthusiasts look at what's available to them entirely rather than just what is new, the latest and greatest thing. At the same price point, you can get some other amazing cars that will perform or out perform the GT350 in every area. At $60k, also on the table are gently used ZR1's, Z06, GenIV Vipers, new CTS-V, Hellcat and a number of other cars.

However, if you are a diehard Mustang guy, go for it. I'm interested to see how this new car performs and how it sounds. I suspecting it will sound like a deeper toned BMW which will sound a TON better than the 11-14's that sound like a boat in the water burbling. lol
Old 11-17-2014, 05:02 PM   #13
BERT
I love tube socks

Is it cool? Yes. Would I pay that price for it? No. I also wouldn't pay the price for a z/28 either
Old 11-17-2014, 05:06 PM   #14
saunupe1911

I'll reserve that judgment for when they are in actual owners hands to see how they perform rather than the paid advertisements of the magazine article writers. Very rarely do the performance data of the journalists and the actual owners match.

New for new, your statement might have some truth to it. However, most performance enthusiasts look at what's available to them entirely rather than just what is new, the latest and greatest thing. At the same price point, you can get some other amazing cars that will perform or out perform the GT350 in every area. At $60k, also on the table are gently used ZR1's, Z06, GenIV Vipers, new CTS-V, Hellcat and a number of other cars.

However, if you are a diehard Mustang guy, go for it. I'm interested to see how this new car performs and how it sounds. I suspecting it will sound like a deeper toned BMW which will sound a TON better than the 11-14's that sound like a boat in the water burbling. lol
Gotta have 4 seats. CTS-V is probably my favorite car right now but that new one won't be $60k. Caddy has confirmed that it will be priced right near an M5. The ATS-V doesn't appeal to me due to lack of the LT1. The Hellcats are on my short list as well. I gotta see how they hold up though.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:21 PM   #15
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Gotta have 4 seats. CTS-V is probably my favorite car right now but that new one won't be $60k. Caddy has confirmed that it will be priced right near an M5. The ATS-V doesn't appeal to me due to lack of the LT1. The Hellcats are on my short list as well. I gotta see how they hold up though.
That's an entire different argument if the rear seats actually count as whole seats in a Mustang. Haha. Part of the reason I got rid of my Stang, the rear seats just weren't practical enough for me. The rear of my V is much more user friendly. The V is my daily though. I have a new two seater toy coming up soon though.