Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > 5.0 Mustang Forum > General Discussions

General Discussions Discuss anything in general about your 5.0 Mustang that doesn't belong within the other categories here.

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:46 PM   #16
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Yea, cause you don't even own is consider fast. People with 70k dollars plus cars with 30k plus into it and you rode in them is fast. Man anything with 700 rwhp is fast.

That's your opinion, I disagree.

My junk is slow and always will be. I'm okay with it. lol
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
That's your opinion, I disagree.

My junk is slow and always will be. I'm okay with it. lol
Your junk is slow cause its basically stock. I said 700 rwhp plus is fast. And god damnit why do you have to derail every thread.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #18
Phuck Phace
My Stapler!

Man anything with 700 rwhp is fast.
I disagree.

2012 GT/CS
93 Cobra
Phuck Phace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Phuck Phace View Post
I disagree.
What needs to be lower for you?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #20
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Ok Steve. Smh
Not this shit again.
Your junk is slow cause its basically stock. I said 700 rwhp plus is fast. And god damnit why do you have to derail every thread.
You have an accountability issue there, Jeff. I believe you started the derailment with the top two posts and David came along fueling it.

Back on topic -

Yes, 400tq is very common. I think it really depends on what kind of dyno you were on. Some are more generous than others.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #21
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

You have an accountability issue there, Jeff. I believe you started the derailment with the top two posts and David came along fueling it.

Back on topic -

Yes, 400tq is very common. I think it really depends on what kind of dyno you were on. Some are more generous than others.
Yeah I said after you and Nic. Do you have selective reading?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #22
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Yeah I said after you and Nic. Do you have selective reading?
I posted my numbers and agreed with Nic. You just don't like my opinion. That is fine, get over it and let the thread go on.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 PM   #23
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

I posted my numbers and agreed with Nic. You just don't like my opinion. That is fine, get over it and let the thread go on.
And when I post something you guys always post something afterwards. So do what you preach.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #24
DirtyD

It's hard to compare dyno numbers between cars unless they were both dynoed on the same day, and dyno, with as close to the same exact weather as possible, and the dyno tech hit the trigger at the exact right moment on both cars.

Just too many factors to come into play. (You like this post don't you Steve? Lol)

It also depends on how the TQ values are determined. A calculated TQ value done from the load on the dyno (like Brooks') may be way off from one calculated by RPM sensor and such like TS does.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:16 PM   #25
46Tbird

Car 1 and Car 2 weigh the same, have the same gearing, same tires, and twin brothers driving.

Car 1 makes 400tq at 2500rpm and 400hp at 6500

Car 2 makes 375tq at 2500rpm and 425hp at 6500

Car 2 wins the race every time, assuming the driver knows that you don't let the engine drop to 2500rpm during a race.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #26
DirtyD

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Car 1 and Car 2 weigh the same, have the same gearing, same tires, and twin brothers driving.

Car 1 makes 400tq at 2500rpm and 400hp at 6500

Car 2 makes 375tq at 2500rpm and 425hp at 6500

Car 2 wins the race every time, assuming the driver knows that you don't let the engine drop to 2500rpm during a race.
Are we talking about a dog or roll race? LOL
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #27
KungFuHamster

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
It's hard to compare dyno numbers between cars unless they were both dynoed on the same day, and dyno, with as close to the same exact weather as possible, and the dyno tech hit the trigger at the exact right moment on both cars.

Just too many factors to come into play. (You like this post don't you Steve? Lol)

It also depends on how the TQ values are determined. A calculated TQ value done from the load on the dyno (like Brooks') may be way off from one calculated by RPM sensor and such like TS does.
I get what your saying. But my car was was within 5-6 hp and 5 ft lb on Brooks' dyno on a hotter day, so I would consider that an accurate measure. I understand the variation between weather and dynos and what not and that of course, makes sense.

my thing is I believe a street car that makes 30 ft lb across the board will be faster than a car that makes 20 or so at the very top of the tach.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:22 PM   #28
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Wtf? Damn you guys know how to derail a thread. Lmao and by the way car two would win from a roll or dig.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #29
jrhagen

I have over 400 tq
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #30
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
I have over 400 tq
So do I even with the boss intake.