Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Pics & Video

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Old 01-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #76
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
my point is this all thing equal with the same car it is easier to roll race than it is to drag race and its easier to drag race than it is to road race/autox. whether its a 1500hp lambo or a 300hp mustang one thing will be harder to do than the other. To me this kind of racing is the easiest of the 3. That is just my opinion. Yes I am sure it takes quite a bit of skill to get this car to stay straight in a TI event. however I bet its even harder to launch at the track and run a fast time for its power level, and prolly even harder to control on a road course. That is all I was saying . I know these cars are stupid fast, and as they should be for the money they cost. Its just not my cup of tea. Your testing more about the car and less about the driver. If that is what you are after, to prove you own a faster car than everyone else, then this is the type of racing for you. Which is why a lot of people do it. I however would rather prove I am a better driver than others, which is why I like road/autox and occasionally the drag strip. You took it way too personal like we are saying you can't drive because you have a 1000+ hp car. Not what we were saying just that we think it takes less skill to get the same car down a roll race than it does for a dig race or a road race.
Well said Ryan, exactly my view point as well!

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #77
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Junkie View Post

This is the type of post that drives me nuts.

You are saying it takes less skill and effort. I'm asking you if you've done it personally? Otherwise how do you know how much skill/effort it takes to put down 1500whp without track prep at a 60mph start?

Once again. It not being your thing, fine. You thinking its lame, fine. You hating rich people, fine. You hating religion, fine. Dont give a crap about any of that.

But when I see people with no experience in a certain type of racing, talk about how easy that type of racing is. It drives me nuts, you literally have no clue what you are talking about. It really is that simple. More internet experts with no experience.
You guys are cracking me up. I don't hate rich people, I make good money off rich people. As for the elitist comment it has nothing to do with the owners of those cars. It has to do with the attitude cheap ass mustang guys were getting about not understanding real horsepower expensive cars. Come on re-read your first few posts, they do come out a little pompous or at least that is how I read it.

To answer your question no I have not been in a 1000hp plus street car so you are right in the aspect, that I don't know what it feels like. I understand controlling one of these monsters cant be easy but to say it takes major skill, I just will not agree with. Now I have been high 7's in the 1/4 and know that's not simple, I just can't see roll racing being that difficult. I could be wrong.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #78
blownaltered
I have a small penis

just wait till tomorrow...
Leave red fox verts alone, they are to slow to hurt anybody
Old 01-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #79
Junkie

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Good god that video had nothing but pure sex in it. And keeping any car under control doing 170 plus does take skills. I was doing 160 when I raced Eric and the car felt like it was floating. And you guys know damn well that type of racing would be a lot of fun. I would love to do that.
Got some good news coming for you soon.

my point is this all thing equal with the same car it is easier to roll race than it is to drag race and its easier to drag race than it is to road race/autox. whether its a 1500hp lambo or a 300hp mustang one thing will be harder to do than the other. To me this kind of racing is the easiest of the 3. That is just my opinion. Yes I am sure it takes quite a bit of skill to get this car to stay straight in a TI event. however I bet its even harder to launch at the track and run a fast time for its power level, and prolly even harder to control on a road course. That is all I was saying . I know these cars are stupid fast, and as they should be for the money they cost. Its just not my cup of tea. Your testing more about the car and less about the driver. If that is what you are after, to prove you own a faster car than everyone else, then this is the type of racing for you. Which is why a lot of people do it. I however would rather prove I am a better driver than others, which is why I like road/autox and occasionally the drag strip. You took it way too personal like we are saying you can't drive because you have a 1000+ hp car. Not what we were saying just that we think it takes less skill to get the same car down a roll race than it does for a dig race or a road race.
I didn't take anything personal. I LOL at people acting like they know what they are talking about. When in reality they have absolutely no clue.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
You guys are cracking me up. I don't hate rich people, I make good money off rich people. As for the elitist comment it has nothing to do with the owners of those cars. It has to do with the attitude cheap ass mustang guys were getting about not understanding real horsepower expensive cars. Come on re-read your first few posts, they do come out a little pompous or at least that is how I read it.

To answer your question no I have not been in a 1000hp plus street car so you are right in the aspect, that I don't know what it feels like. I understand controlling one of these monsters cant be easy but to say it takes major skill, I just will not agree with. Now I have been high 7's in the 1/4 and know that's not simple, I just can't see roll racing being that difficult. I could be wrong.
Its very simple, you are in fact wrong.

Its pretty typical in the racing world, not just roll racing. Most car enthusiast think they are experts about all types of racing. Regardless of experience or not.

I'm a firm believer of speaking from experience, thats it.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #80
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Leave red fox verts alone, they are to slow to hurt anybody
In his efforts for revenue enchancement he will just get you for impeding... :stir:
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:31 PM   #81
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Which is?
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #82
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Which is?
There will be an announcement coming up soon. Stay tuned.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:37 PM   #83
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
There will be an announcement coming up soon. Stay tuned.
Will do
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #84
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I didn't take anything personal. I LOL at people acting like they know what they are talking about. When in reality they have absolutely no clue.

Its very simple, you are in fact wrong.

Its pretty typical in the racing world, not just roll racing. Most car enthusiast think they are experts about all types of racing. Regardless of experience or not.

I'm a firm believer of speaking from experience, thats it.
OK I'm wrong but it still fucking sucks to watch. Carry on
Old 01-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #85
Junkie

OK I'm wrong but it still fucking sucks to watch. Carry on
lol, thats I can understand.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #86
blownaltered
I have a small penis

lol, thats I can understand.
I bet that is cool as hell in person but I just hate watching roll racing on video. It doesn't have the same appeal, it just loses something. That goes for the ones that are local as well, in person they are fun on video not so much.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:29 PM   #87
Junkie

I bet that is cool as hell in person but I just hate watching roll racing on video. It doesn't have the same appeal, it just loses something. That goes for the ones that are local as well, in person they are fun on video not so much.
I feel that way about most racing, its all fun to watch in person and very boring on TV.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:51 PM   #88
blownaltered
I have a small penis

I feel that way about most racing, its all fun to watch in person and very boring on TV.
I have to agree with this statement. I never watch racing on tv. I love to go watch in person, unless its nascar because that is just boring as hell anymore.

If Steve would have told me about TI I probably would have went but he is ashamed to be seen out in public with me.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:17 PM   #89
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Well... I am sure they do as it seems these guys are into racing obviously. Just reaffirms my feelings towards it. Just not a fan of roll racing and its hard for me to see the point.
That's fair.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:44 PM   #90
Toby

Exactly, and its exactly how its been for years. 1/8th mile guys talk shit about 1/4. 1/4 guys talk shit about mile/half mile/TI, etc... Roll racers talk shit about drag racing.

The only issue I have with any of this. Is the judgement with lack of experience. That drives me nuts in every area of motorsports. I hear from Road Racers CONSTANTLY that they don't drag race because its boring and easy, yet they have never driven anything faster then a 12 second car and have no real world experience.

Not thinking its cool, and it not being your fine is all well and good. The only thing im disagreeing with is how you guys seem to take that it takes less setup/skill/etc... to get these cars to hook. When in reality you have no experience with it. Experience > reading shit in motor trend and thinking you know whats up

Several have been 180+ at the track

This is the type of post that drives me nuts.

You are saying it takes less skill and effort. I'm asking you if you've done it personally? Otherwise how do you know how much skill/effort it takes to put down 1500whp without track prep at a 60mph start?

Once again. It not being your thing, fine. You thinking its lame, fine. You hating rich people, fine. You hating religion, fine. Dont give a crap about any of that.

But when I see people with no experience in a certain type of racing, talk about how easy that type of racing is. It drives me nuts, you literally have no clue what you are talking about. It really is that simple. More internet experts with no experience.
I could not agree with you more Will. Internet warriors that have 0 experience with any form of racing other then 12 second passes behind their bolt on cars (and I'm not trying to take a stab at anyone here just a generic statement) and they are experts of everything.

They googled it so it must be true!!

I have no experience driving one of these cars, but I have built many 1000+ rwhp cars, Ronnie's tt gt500 being one of them, and it takes a lot of suspension tweaking and power control to make these cars hook. Keep in mind a lot of these guys are leaving at 60 mph on around 700-800 hp and ramping the power in.
Toby is offline   Reply With Quote