Go Back   Dallas Fort Worth 5.0 Mustang Club > Photos & Videos > Other Makes and Models

Other Makes and Models Section for people who don't have 5.0s but still have badass cars. DFW 5.0s Welcomes everyone

Sponsored Ads
Welcome to DFW50s.com

Register to remove these ads.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #11
rlhay2

To me, it really comes down to the following:

If you will never tow nor haul a heavy load. (i.e. typical truck use), then the nod goes to the Ecoboost F150.

But...

If you do tow or haul heavy loads (i.e. travel trailer, car hauler, etc..) the Ram Diesel should be strongly considered.

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
The option is around 3 grand. The diesal is where you never make up the cost. Diesal is considerably more then gasoline.
Considerably more?!?! Diesel cost 10% more than regular fuel in the current market.

And for that 10% fuel surcharge, the owner gets 30-50% better fuel economy.

Oil changes are more expensive but longevity is also generally better.

Originally Posted by Crimson600+HP View Post
3k is easily recouped when the truck is a DD. The difference between 15 mpg on DD duty and 25 MPG is fairly significant.

The only thing that will force Chevy or Ford to get in the diesel game is if Dodge makes a killing on this EcoDiesel
Bingo!

Originally Posted by Zeek View Post
I bet people will see 30+MPG with the Ecodiesel Rams on the highway after there tuned.
My 7000lb 3/4 ton gets 22 MPH on the highway. Thus 30 MPG from a 1/2 ton is not at all preposterous.

Last edited by rlhay2; 05-12-2014 at 11:33 AM.
rlhay2 is offline   Reply With Quote